American Ultra - In theaters August 21, 2015

kaw

Pop!/Movies/TV Mod
Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: American Ultra (2015)

Genre: [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Comedy[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Nima Nourizadeh[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Kristen Stewart[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Uma Thurman[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jesse Eisenberg[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Topher Grace[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Tony Hale[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]John Leguizamo[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Walton Goggins[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Connie Britton[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2015-08-21[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]0[/RUNTIME]

Plot: A stoner and his girlfriend's sleepy, small-town existence is disrupted when his past comes back to haunt him in the form of a government operation set to wipe him out.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
7Lzgg5GyMtOqNtoCOvBU88C2Pvb.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

Reactions: lolwut and Noodles
Kristen Stewart and Jesse Eisenberg...I don't need to know anything else; I'll definitely be checking this out when it comes to theaters. :thumbs:

I thought the trailer was kinda funny/entertaining. I'm looking forward to checking it out anyway. :)

American Ultra is the perfect movie if you don't mind checking your brain at the concession stands and enjoy a mindless popcorn flick which is basically Pineapple Express meets Bourne Identity. This may sound like I'm being critical but it fully understands and embrasses what it is. Undoubtedly there is chemistry between Eisenberg and Stewart which plays out well with their socially awkward personalities. All in all if you want to kill an hour and a half it will do the job otherwise I recommend waiting until it hits Redbox.

Last edited:
Was it honestly any good?

Depends on whether you are a stoner or not. It was definitely aimed at fans of stoner comedies more than anything else with quite a few nods to Kevin Smith style humour. Much funnier than Pineapple Express .......... but then I watched this baked off my face lol! :hilarious::naughty::naughty::wacky::smashed:

One review summed it up nicely, it's Clerks meets Bourne Identity, and it is EXTREMELY violent.

I saw it last week. Never smoked it, but I like stoner comedies and this was no exception. I thought the comedy and the violence were both very well done. The comedy is a bit 'wacky' though--not even sure if I'd call it "stoner" (there were certainly bits of stoner), but moreso just wacky and out there. Leguizamo was the surprise for me--very funny in this. (When are we going to get The Pest on bluray?)

I'm not a stoner, but this definitely looks like my sort of film! Can't wait to check it out.