paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: October 28, 2019
Purchase links: Arrow Films (Sold Out) - Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £22.00 (Arrow) - £21.99 (Zavvi - HMV) - £24.05 (Amazon)
Notes: Arrow Films Store special pre-order price until August 30

418fac25-235a-4a98-a996-369f21b7d7c1.jpg

Last edited:
Reminder Arrow Films Store special pre-order price £22.00 until August 30
Price on arrow films store after August 30th will be £25.99

Amazon UK purchase link added to OP
£24.05

Amazon price likely to drop before release date

Note there is 2 listings on Amazon UK and Arrow Films Websites

Limited Edition and Standard Edition both have same release date

If you want limited edition make sure you order correct edition ;)

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Mike Haley
For those who ordered direct from arrow store may have notice payment was taken on Monday but not had their orders dispatched yet

I contacted Arrow
I was told orders will be dispatching from tonight

Arrow distribution center has been very busy this week due processing a lot sale orders and next week new releases

I can understand this happening when sale is on as they would be getting lot more orders than would usually would have to process when no sale was running

• Thanks
Reactions: kierano
My copy was shipped from zavvi the other day so I expect a Tuesday delivery. Why do I get the feeling we'll get a 4k announcement in the new year!

What bell end at Zavvi decides to post these in thin bubble mailers !!
it arrived today damage free but god knows how after dropping 4ft onto a wooden floor from the letterbox.
What the hell is up with this company these are collectors editions with a lovely slip.
Decided now going forward any collectors editions will now be purchased from Amazon at least I get an instant replacement and do not have to run the obstacle course of paying for another and awaiting refund.
Also free postage with my PRIME membership ..... goodbye Zavvi you really are a bunch of half brained toss pots at times.

Post is not delivered in Tuesdays here in Finland. Yeah, I know. But Amazon's parcel containing this and Nightbreed was delivered today. Post person rang the bell and gave the parcel and both movies in perfect condition. Excellent. Pic's later ! :thumbs:

My copy arrived today and undamaged in the same crappy mailer. To be fair one Zavvi are consistent at is sending items in **** mailers regardless of steelbooks or normal blu-rays. I have yet to get any Zavvi order in anything resembling secure packaging.

Post is not delivered in Tuesdays here in Finland. Yeah, I know. But Amazon's parcel containing this and Nightbreed was delivered today. Post person rang the bell and gave the parcel and both movies in perfect condition. Excellent. Pic's later ! :thumbs:

I'm curious, why no post on a Tuesday. I know Southern Ireland have no weekend post but a Tuesday?.

I'm curious, why no post on a Tuesday. I know Southern Ireland have no weekend post but a Tuesday?.
It's all about cutting costs. Obviously the volume of letter mail has dwindled over the years a lot, especially when nowadays the overwhelming majority of invoices an individual receives from various utilities, and for services and goods, are e-invoices.

Somewhat disappointing, nevertheless.

Reactions: Space Cadet
It's all about cutting costs. Obviously the volume of letter mail has dwindled over the years a lot, especially when nowadays the overwhelming majority of invoices an individual receives from various utilities, and for services and goods, are e-invoices.

Somewhat disappointing, nevertheless.

Fair enough but i would have thought parcel deliveries would have been very very high volume

My copy arrived today and undamaged in the same crappy mailer. To be fair one Zavvi are consistent at is sending items in **** mailers regardless of steelbooks or normal blu-rays. I have yet to get any Zavvi order in anything resembling secure packaging.

Rep of Ireland An Post do Saturday delivery since 2017 for on-line orders (Parcels)
Only some locations get Saturday delivery and it varies as to when it happens.
It's mostly Amazon and registered parcels.

Zavvi orders it don't happen

Fair enough but i would have thought parcel deliveries would have been very very high volume
That is a fact, yes - parcel post volume has grown a lot over the last years (or even decades). Finland Post tells us (and I'm inclined to believe them), that a huge part of the parcel traffic is small parcel imports from China (from eBay sellers and what not).

The international shipping costs for non-tracked items from China are so low that the share for the postal organizations at the recipient countries doesn't even begin to cover the handling costs.

Some discussion about the situation from retailers' perspective in Financial Times.

Almost all parcels from China arrive without a stop at customs (personal experience); they just don't have the resources to process them, unless the package is flagged for inspection for a specific reason.

Rep of Ireland An Post do Saturday delivery since 2017 for on-line orders (Parcels)
Only some locations get Saturday delivery and it varies as to when it happens.
It's mostly Amazon and registered parcels.

Zavvi orders it don't happen

My cousins across the border only ever get amazon deliveries on a Saturday but that's the only post they ever get at weekends. They never get Sunday post like I do. They can only dream of getting a parcel at 8pm on a Sunday night the way i do

That is a fact, yes - parcel post volume has grown a lot over the last years (or even decades). Finland Post tells us (and I'm inclined to believe them), that a huge part of the parcel traffic is small parcel imports from China (from eBay sellers and what not).

The international shipping costs for non-tracked items from China are so low that the share for the postal organizations at the recipient countries doesn't even begin to cover the handling costs.

Some discussion about the situation from retailers' perspective in Financial Times.

Almost all parcels from China arrive without a stop at customs (personal experience); they just don't have the resources to process them, unless the package is flagged for inspection for a specific reason.

Like Quote Reply

Can't read the Financial times article. Subscription only

Can't read the Financial times article. Subscription only
Opening through that link doesn't work for me either; just seeing the 1st paragraph :LOL:

But, e.g., googling for the article's title, and clicking on the resulting link still displays the whole article.

Didn't realise the article was paywalled, and just went on with including the link. Sorry about that.

Hi guys
I'm having a problem getting the two recent arrow releases (American werewolf in London + Nightbreed) to play.
All 3 discs give the following error on my player:

ERROR
Cannot play this disc.
The disc does not meet the specifications

I have around 11 or 12 previous Arrow releases and not encountered this before!
Seems to be the 28th of Oct releases.
Hope Robocop is not the same....

Attachments

• 20191109_122730.jpg
    20191109_122730.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 78