paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: October 28, 2019
Purchase links: Arrow Films (Sold Out) - Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £22.00 (Arrow) - £21.99 (Zavvi - HMV) - £24.05 (Amazon)
Notes: Arrow Films Store special pre-order price until August 30

418fac25-235a-4a98-a996-369f21b7d7c1.jpg

Last edited:
Hi guys
I'm having a problem getting the two recent arrow releases (American werewolf in London + Nightbreed) to play.
All 3 discs give the following error on my player:

ERROR
Cannot play this disc.
The disc does not meet the specifications

I have around 11 or 12 previous Arrow releases and not encountered this before!
Seems to be the 28th of Oct releases.
Hope Robocop is not the same....
Haven't opened either of mine yet so can't comment on this issue, seems a little strange tho.

Have you contacted Arrow over it?

Have you seen it reported on any social media platforms?

Hi guys
I'm having a problem getting the two recent arrow releases (American werewolf in London + Nightbreed) to play.

ERROR
Cannot play this disc.

Discs are working fine for me

It's usually a Blu-ray Player issue not the discs when you get that message
Have you checked for firmware update on your Blu-ray Player

If firmware is up to date try a power cycle reset of Blu-ray player
Unplug blu-ray player from power socket
Leave unplugged for at least 1 hour

Have you tried also cleaning the Blu-ray Player lens with a Blu-ray player cleaning disc

What make of Blu-ray Player do you have
Is it a Samsung Blu-ray Player as these are known for having this problem can be working no problem for years then suddenly start to not play some discs but still play some other discs.

Also try turning off BD live in Network settings by setting to Prohibit or if already set to Prohibit set to allow

Last edited:
Hi guys

ERROR
Cannot play this disc.

....it's not region thingy. just asking ...

Haven't opened either of mine yet so can't comment on this issue, seems a little strange tho.

Have you contacted Arrow over it?

Have you seen it reported on any social media platforms?

I've sent them a Facebook message and an email to customer services on their website, but with it being the weekend I'm not expecting anything until Monday

Reactions: Robles
I've sent them a Facebook message and an email to customer services on their website, but with it being the weekend I'm not expecting anything until Monday
Cannot play this disc. The disc does not meet the specifications

When you get that message this is an error caused by the Blu-ray Player and not the disc itself
It happens sometimes with various Blu-ray Players
Samsung/Sony/Panasonic it happens more than other Players

Have you tried the Power Cycle of the Blu-ray Player as in disconnect blu-ray player completely from mains supply for at least 1 hour might take longer
Also make sure your Blu-ray Player has latest firmware update installed

How old is your Blu-ray Player and what make model is it

When a Blu-ray Player lens is dirty or starting to fail you can have this issue also it will play some discs no problem but start to have issues with other discs
You will have times when discs that failed to play start working and then later have problems again.
A Blu-ray Player has 2 lenses
DVD Lens
Blu-ray Lens

Blu-ray Lens usually start to have problems more so than a DVD lens

Also try cleaning the discs with a soft microfiber cloth might have fingerprints grease that need to be cleaned off

When you get that message this is an error caused by the Blu-ray Player and not the disc itself
It happens sometimes with various Blu-ray Players
Samsung/Sony/Panasonic it happens more than other Players

Have you tried the Power Cycle of the Blu-ray Player as in disconnect blu-ray player completely from mains supply for at least 1 hour might take longer
Also make sure your Blu-ray Player has latest firmware update installed

How old is your Blu-ray Player and what make model is it

When a Blu-ray Player lens is dirty or starting to fail you can have this issue also it will play some discs no problem but start to have issues with other discs
You will have times when discs that failed to play start working and then later have problems again.
A Blu-ray Player has 2 lenses
DVD Lens
Blu-ray Lens

Blu-ray Lens usually start to have problems more so than a DVD lens

Also try cleaning the discs with a soft microfiber cloth might have fingerprints grease that need to be cleaned off
If he has had no issues with other Discs why would he all of a sudden have issues with these?

If he has had no issues with other Discs why would he all of a sudden have issues with these?
It happened with my Panasonic player last year it's a known issue with some Blu-ray players
Eventually my Panasonic stopped playing any Blu-ray discs but could still play DVDs

Samsung players happens more than others

You have lots of discs that play no problems but suddenly start to have problems with some discs
The discs start playing that failed previous not playing but problem eventually returns.
Some players a firmware update solves this issue.

Google

You will see reports of this happening with some Blu-ray players

Power Cycle of Blu-ray player usually gets back working with all discs but is temporary fix only.

• Informative
Reactions: Robles
Hi guys

ERROR
Cannot play this disc.

Is your BD player up to date with last firmware?

Hi guys

ERROR
Cannot play this disc.

Have you checked your players firmware. Maybe it needs an update.?

Update from Arrow Video:

Hi ****g, Some Blu-ray disc technology has changed slightly in the past few weeks and this has caused an issue with some Samsung players. All necessary people are aware of this and this should be fixed in an upcoming firmware update for your player, sorry for the inconvenience. AV

Reactions: BluSteel2012
Both this and NightBreed are 2 weeks overdue from Zavvi's anticipated delivery date.
Starting to get nervous.

Um, @larson1977 , have you tried changing regions on your player to see if that works?
I know Zavvi adverts them as Region B but still....
I ordered 2 at Arrow just be able to open one to watch. I'll give it a try this weekend. maybe someone else can check before. If not I'll let you know ;)

Reactions: Grendel
I watched this yesterday. I hadn't seen the movie in absolutely ages and had mixed feelings. I remember it being one of the greats, and whilst it still is in terms of what it did for the industry when it was released, I was still a little underwhelmed. It's a weird feeling as I couldn't fault the story, maybe just a few points in the editing or pacing, or maybe just my high expectation before watching it.

Either way, just great to see Rick Baker's work again.

Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
UK 38 years ago November 12th 1981

I watched this film in the cinema back in 1981
Brilliant film back then and still is after 38 years.

Special Effects amazing and no CGI like you get today.

Animatronics and makeup by brilliant
Rick Baker