An American Werewolf in London (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Arrow Video) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Miffed

Ginger Ninja
Premium Supporter
Jun 5, 2013
Guildford, England
Release date: March 29, 2021
Purchase links: Zavvi - Slipcase Edition - Steelbook only (Pre-order on November 27 at 3 PM - UK time)
Price: £24.99 (Slipcase Edition) - £17.99 (Steelbook only)
Notes: Slipcase edition exclusive to Red Carpet Subscribers

Slipcase Edition.jpgSteelbook only.png
RC slipcase.jpg 12745224-5124818637550586.jpg 12745224-1974818637591878.jpg inside.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This slipcase + this steelbook = match made in heaven ... steelbook looking as if it belongs in the splendid US horror wraparound collection, none of which were released here in the UK.

Zavvi
  • Limited to 1500 units
  • 2019 restoration from the original camera negative supervised by John Landis
  • High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation

Arrow:
  • New 2018 4K restoration from the original camera negative supervised by John Landis
Hmm... A new restoration then?

Zavvi
  • Limited to 1500 units
  • 2019 restoration from the original camera negative supervised by John Landis

Arrow:
  • New 2018 4K restoration from the original camera negative supervised by John Landis
Hmm... A new restoration then?
It's the same blu-ray disc Arrow Video released October 2019

No point when there’s a 4K German one coming. I’ll wait.
Turbine German 4K already released and sold out
That though was not a steelbook

Yes but because there is a scan there’s bound to be a wider release at some point. I’ve not even looked at a review of that one but it’s bound to be better. I’m really trying to stick to 4K discs now. I did cave on the lighthouse though. If it’s one of your fave movies I’d say go for it just for the package but the movie is equally important to me and a new scan for 4K.

Yes but because there is a scan there’s bound to be a wider release at some point. I’ve not even looked at a review of that one but it’s bound to be better. I’m really trying to stick to 4K discs now. I did cave on the lighthouse though. If it’s one of your fave movies I’d say go for it just for the package but the movie is equally important to me and a new scan for 4K.
Arrow release from 2019 is already from 4K scan of the negative done by Universal

Turbine release is not using the same 4K restoration that arrow done

The Turbine 1080P Blu-ray disc of the film is pretty much identical to Arrow Blu-ray disc in terms of the film but not the same restoration used

4K UHD disc is yes different due to HDR and 4K resolution

Turbine might do another release in Germany at some stage but likely will be just a slipcase without book soundtrack etc
Like they did with Psycho and The Thing
Neither of those re-release was a steelbook

Arrow or Universal might do a 4K UHD steelbook or 4K Amaray release in UK at some stage but nothing for sure yet

Reactions: Retro Parrot
I like the steel art, but agree with @Flloydo... it's pretty badly cropped - makes it feel like it was originally designed for something else.

Reactions: Flloydo
David Naughton walking alone and no Griffin 'Jack' Dunne alongside him is an odd omission for sure.. the slipcover is great though haha!