Upcoming Andor (Season 2) [Disney+]

bloodsnake007

Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A

cassian-andor-1024x576.jpeg

Reactions: CollectorEmtee
LOVED this episode! Wow, this has serious potential of becoming my favourite SW show if they keep on this path.

Man, I freaking love this show, so beautifully shot, real locations and the acting is great, plus (so far at least) no trace of real life politics. The score is the best thing to happen to Star Wars music since John Williams' original scores. Wish I could watch the whole season now in one go but I'll have something to look forward to for the next few wednesdays.

Reactions: GeoRattray
Man, I freaking love this show, so beautifully shot, real locations and the acting is great, plus (so far at least) no trace of real life politics. The score is the best thing to happen to Star Wars music since John Williams' original scores. Wish I could watch the whole season now in one go but I'll have something to look forward to for the next few wednesdays.
I'm really into this too, is the whole thing 12 episodes? Seems to be at present 2 individual arcs where each third episode is payoff to to last two? Ain't complaining as if true, this format works for me. Wonder what the format of the remaining six will be:thumbs:

Reactions: Vega
Man, this series is soooo good! Makes Mando etc feel like a kids show.

I know what you mean but Mando is way more Star Warsy than this show so Mando is still the best Star Wars content on D+

This week's episode was the only one so far with very little no action that wasn't a complete bore to watch so that was a positive for the series

I know what you mean but Mando is way more Star Warsy than this show so Mando is still the best Star Wars content on D+

This week's episode was the only one so far with very little no action that wasn't a complete bore to watch so that was a positive for the series
Ironically that's one of the things I'm enjoying about it... it's not in your face with all the usual Star Wars stuff (which I do enjoy, but it can get a little tiresome) and therefore feels more serious/adult-like.

I can definitely understand why some wouldn't enjoy it though, because it is a slow burn like you said. But I'm personally loving the build-up and find it all very tense, which isn't something I've felt since Rogue One.

Ironically that's one of the things I'm enjoying about it... it's not in your face with all the usual Star Wars stuff (which I do enjoy, but it can get a little tiresome) and therefore feels more serious/adult-like.

I can definitely understand why some wouldn't enjoy it though, because it is a slow burn like you said. But I'm personally loving the build-up and find it all very tense, which isn't something I've felt since Rogue One.

A slow burn is putting it mildly, take for example the guy that screwed up thats been packed off back to his mum's house, I've still no idea why he's still getting so much screen time. Same can be said for the blonde woman that looks like she's sucking on a wasp, though at least her arc went somewhere this week (though still only a slight development)

I do like the adult tone as it is a nice change of pace for a Star Wars show but no reason the show can't have that and not be a drag to watch. That being said of the 7 episodes so far I've liked 4 of them (1, 3, 6 & 7) so probably not as bad as I made it sound

so Mando is still the best Star Wars content on D+
*in your opinion :) Alone the fact that Andor wasn't shot in that awful LED sushi role makes it more of a feast to the eye than Mando. Don't get me wrong, I love Mando, but now that Andor is airing you can clearly see the difference between *real filmmaking* (whatever that means) in Andor with real locations, great acting and great dialog and a slower pacing and Mando, Fett and Kenobi...especially Kenobi where all of these aspects were just completely underdevelped, you can clearly see the edge of the stage where the LED volume begins in some shots. In 2 episodes of Boba Fett where the setting was kind of dark I could even see the LED grid in the background for a few seconds, absolutely ridiculous for them to not just jump into a destern landscape with a small team for a week or two to shoot these things. Apart from the story, Andor does everything right when it comes to the craft. And we have arrived in an age where that is not the norm anymore.