Upcoming Andor (Season 2) [Disney+]

bloodsnake007

Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A

cassian-andor-1024x576.jpeg

Reactions: CollectorEmtee
Director Tony Gilroy says they've shot 12 episodes so far, with 12 more to begin shooting in November.
Calls those next 12 "Second half of the story" and thats it "walks you into Rogue One" (so 24 eps total seems).

• Wow
Reactions: Flloydo
This looks great. Same tone as rogue one with that darker gritty feel. I just hope 24 episodes isn’t overkill and that it’s not too repetitive, boring and samey.

I’m excited to see Fiona Shaw in Star Wars tho!

This doesn't look too woke fortunately. A bit wokeyness still shines through, being that most of the empire folk and the most prominent ones are white men and the rebellion seems to be mostly racial minorities, but that could be an unfortunate editing thing in the trailer. Otherwise it looks great, hold my hopes high for this one to redeem the Kenobi show.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
Weird how Luna has barely featured in either trailer for his show :cautious:

The almost month long delay sucks as well

The almost month long delay sucks as well

It does... but I think Disney realized that having 2 shows releasing at the same time was a bad Idea.
Now this gives She Hulk some room to breathe.

Obi-Wan and Ms Marvel being on at the same time was such a dumb thing to do.

Screenshot 2022-08-04 at 14.18.41.png

They just can't leave the political stuff alone, can they? I had serious hope for this show being more focused on Star Wars instead of real life left-wing head-bashing politics but I guess I was naive to believe that.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
This is miles better than Kenobi already. Really well made and it seems like they have used more real sets than this 360 led volume b.s. this time. Still has some woke-isms to it but that can be expected from Disney nowadays, hope this will get less in time, other than that this looks really solid!

Oh man, this is the breath of fresh air Star Wars needed! Feels like it's actually going somewhere right from the get-go, unlike most of their other series. Ironically, I actually like that they're avoiding the usual Star Wars tropes and basically just using its world as a backdrop, rather than trying to fill it with cameos and easter eggs etc - don't get me wrong, I do enjoy those, but we don't need them shoved in our face every 5 minutes. Really excited to see where it goes!

I am very happy that they released the first 3 episodes together. The first two I wasn't completely sold. The pace felt a little slow for a pilot episode. And they each ended kind of awkwardly. They almost should have just combined the first 3 into one long eps and It probably would have felt better. The 3rd eps I was very happy that the story picked up and hopefully they can keep this pace moving forward.

But I love the tone of the show. Feels very different for Star Wars. But...

It is kind of funny tho, that our hero of the story is a murderer and the bad guy is technically just a good cop trying to bring in the guy that killed his co-workers. haha

Also it feels weird that characters are suffering consequences for shooting someone in Star Wars. Thinking about how many times someone was shot in this universe and its always been no big deal.
Maybe we're just finally seeing a side that they don't normally show?

Im very curious to see how well this show is going to do... I personally think kids aren't going to enjoy it, so it might have lower numbers than some of the other shows.

Reactions: DADDYCOOL187