Ant-Man and the Wasp (Possible Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #51) [China]

I think if China don’t sort out their distribution rights soon then Blufans might find themselves getting overtaken by Korea’s WeET.

I do love WeET and own every single release they made but I'd be sorry to see Blufans losing the distribution rights.
Anyway I don't think this will happen and 2020 will bring all those releases we're waiting for... I hope :whistle:

Reactions: Punker76
I do love WeET and own every single release they made but I'd be sorry to see Blufans losing the distribution rights.
Anyway I don't think this will happen and 2020 will bring all those releases we're waiting for... I hope :whistle:

It's not Blufans losing the distribution rights it's China as a country. There was a member on here who confirmed there's not even been any regular Disney bluray releases in China for a while. We've been given 2020 as a date that things will start moving again and have taken that information as gospel but it wouldn't surprise me if 2020 comes around and there's still nothing new on this.

That's why Blufans have created this Fanatic Brand which are run out of Hong Kong, they can still release Disney stuff but face none of the licensing issues that China are (come at me @DMD4k ;):naughty::p)

Reactions: Flloydo and DMD4k
We've been given 2020 as a date that things will start moving again and have taken that information as gospel but it wouldn't surprise me if 2020 comes around and there's still nothing new on this.

This is what I've been saying. 2020 has not been confirmed. Blufans and Disney/Marvel/Lucasfilm are so yesterday.

It's not Blufans losing the distribution rights it's China as a country. There was a member on here who confirmed there's not even been any regular Disney bluray releases in China for a while. We've been given 2020 as a date that things will start moving again and have taken that information as gospel but it wouldn't surprise me if 2020 comes around and there's still nothing new on this.

That's why Blufans have created this Fanatic Brand which are run out of Hong Kong, they can still release Disney stuff but face none of the licensing issues that China are (come at me @DMD4k ;):naughty::p)
You mean Fanatic? :p :box:
Just a quick thought, would Fanatic end up doing WEAs if there's no progress in the first half of 2020 over in China?

Oh... crap... Everything I thought I knew crumbled to dust...
Still, I won't go after this Fanatic label as long as they'll release WWA's... I want WEA's! :sorry:

Hopefully it will stay that way. We have enough retailers doing MCU/Disney.
as much as I would LOVE Manta style/quality MCU's, I agree.

we need variation and there are enough MCU options to choose from.

Do we? For premiums it's Weet or Blufans. FilmArena only get Spiderman because it's Sony and Zavvi's Lenti exclusives are usually good artwork but let down with a terrible finish. Losing Blufans would be a huge loss imo.
It wouldnt be that big a loss as one of the many others will likely fill the gap if BF stop doing MCU's.
Personally, as I REALLY want, nay, NEED, a Blufans Endgame OC to match my Infinity War OC, I'd be gutted if they dont end up doing that one. All other titles, I'd be ok to go elsewhere should they be dropped.

My MCU set consists of premiums from Weet, KimchiDVD, Blufans, Novamedia, Film Arena, and if you count the light up boxes, Zavvi too.
Then I have Mantalab Logan and Deadpooll(not MCU but still Marvel) so there is a good mix there (the FAC one I have is the Guardians of the Galaxy Hardbox/OC for Vol 2 and am pretty sure that wasnt the only MCU / Disney title they have done.)
I also have an IM3 1/4 slip thing from JSDVD (some would consider that premium but its just a standard local language J-card equivilent but always fitted/styled cut).

Last edited:
as much as I would LOVE Manta style/quality MCU's, I agree.

we need variation and there are enough MCU options to choose from.
Although I love a variety of artworks from various retailers, I too agree.

Blufans/Weet are the big dogs for the MCU.
Zeta/Manta are the big dogs for DC.
FAC mix it up and are a big dog in their own right.

Then you have a range of artworks across the board from the rest

Do we need anymore? No, we absolutely don't. As long as they continue to provide a variety as it stands then I'm happy.

Reactions: BluSteel2012
I'm not bothered about a matching collection, as I get what I like for each movie. However, the fact that Captain Marvel, Endgame and Solo have so few steelbooks it means I'm kinda relying on blufans. If someone else were to do an amazing WEA steelbook, I'd have no problem buying from them.

I'm not bothered about a matching collection, as I get what I like for each movie. However, the fact that Captain Marvel, Endgame and Solo have so few steelbooks it means I'm kinda relying on blufans. If someone else were to do an amazing WEA steelbook, I'd have no problem buying from them.
I'm the opposite. I only buy Marvel from Blufans.

They are literally the best. Hope things get sorted eventually. This will be worth waiting for......

Reactions: DMD4k
doesn't mean you can't participate in the other release discussion mate

Yeah I guess (I do miss some of the banter ;)), it's just that steelbooks don't have the same appeal they once did. I've been collecting amaray slip editions as they're cheaper, easier to collect, and they usually have the original poster art which I prefer.

Don't worry I'll still pop by to have the odd moan :naughty::D

Yeah I guess (I do miss some of the banter ;)), it's just that steelbooks don't have the same appeal they once did. I've been collecting amaray slip editions as they're cheaper, easier to collect, and they usually have the original poster art which I prefer.

Don't worry I'll still pop by to have the odd moan :naughty::D

i started literally late to the steelbook game circa 2015 only. Been collecting Amaray since 2006 though so I'm still collecting back the old steelbooks and having pleasant surprises every now and then

Reactions: ChrisIW