Ant-Man and the Wasp (Possible Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #51) [China]

If any are cancelled I'm sure it won't be Blufans' fault. I'm sure they are more than willing to carry on with their Disney side of the business, they're probably wanting it more than we are! It's Disney's decision (I'm not signing up for Disney streaming service, f*!^ them and their willingness to kill physical media).

If any are cancelled I'm sure it won't be Blufans' fault. I'm sure they are more than willing to carry on with their Disney side of the business, they're probably wanting it more than we are! It's Disney's decision (I'm not signing up for Disney streaming service, f*!^ them and their willingness to kill physical media).
What? How is Disney trying to kill physical media? They have one of the largest physical-dedicated media offerings (Disney Movie Club), and they release everything on steelbook, 4k, blu-ray, DVD, etc. Just because they're capitalizing on a huge streaming market as well doesn't mean they're somehow trying to kill physical media. Both avenues are huge profit-makers for them.

What? How is Disney trying to kill physical media? They have one of the largest physical-dedicated media offerings (Disney Movie Club), and they release everything on steelbook, 4k, blu-ray, DVD, etc. Just because they're capitalizing on a huge streaming market as well doesn't mean they're somehow trying to kill physical media. Both avenues are huge profit-makers for them.
I don't think it's pure coincidence that they're not reaching distribution deals precisely when their streaming service is about to launch in what may be the largest market on the planet. I might be wrong but it's my opinion... for now :D

Disney is the only distributor (when compared with Universal, Sony, Paramount), which produces 4K with only five localizations - English, French, Italian, Spanish, German. Everyone else is overboard. And Disney continues to leave a number of markets, unfortunately.

Reactions: DMD4k
I don't think it's pure coincidence that they're not reaching distribution deals precisely when their streaming service is about to launch in what may be the largest market on the planet. I might be wrong but it's my opinion... for now :D
From that perspective, you may be on to something!

Reactions: DMD4k
I'd imagine that should there be a gap in the market, from Blufans absence, then Fanatics would simply take advantage of the opportunity and supply the continuation of the MCU

Reactions: Raz316
I'd imagine that should there be a gap in the market, from Blufans absence, then Fanatics would simply take advantage of the opportunity and supply the continuation of the MCU

For my Marvel set to suddenly switch to another brand would just feel wrong after acquiring so many great MCU titles to date. Besides if Fanatics can work with Disney why can't BluFans, they're both based in China aren't they?

Reactions: BluSteel2012
For my Marvel set to suddenly switch to another brand would just feel wrong after acquiring so many great MCU titles to date. Besides if Fanatics can work with Disney why can't BluFans, they're both based in China aren't they?
As mentioned by @Hereticz they're based in Hong Kong. As far as I'm aware, it's the same people operating the production with the same quality and seemingly the same dimensions and style of slip, lenticular, package etc. The only difference I'm anticipating is a logo change and a different name on the sticker.

I too have culminated the entire MCU collection and I too wouldn't want it to change retailer. But considering I'm imagine the endgame release to look seemingly identical (aside from steelbook) from a Blufans release, I'm more than happy for that to be the continuation.

Blufans have changed style themselves of their spine number styles and the styles between stickers so it's not like another change along the line would be totally breaking the uniformity of the other releases. From the early MCU releases up till the most recent, theres a lot of variation

As mentioned by @Hereticz they're based in Hong Kong. As far as I'm aware, it's the same people operating the production with the same quality and seemingly the same dimensions and style of slip, lenticular, package etc. The only difference I'm anticipating is a logo change and a different name on the sticker.

I too have culminated the entire MCU collection and I too wouldn't want it to change retailer. But considering I'm imagine the endgame release to look seemingly identical (aside from steelbook) from a Blufans release, I'm more than happy for that to be the continuation.

Blufans have changed style themselves of their spine number styles and the styles between stickers so it's not like another change along the line would be totally breaking the uniformity of the other releases. From the early MCU releases up till the most recent, theres a lot of variation

Yeah, all good points :thumbs:

I personally loved the Novamedia Choice releases for each Marvel movie but when they stopped releasing them a little part of me died inside.

Are you telling me The Mandalorian is going to be released on BD and 4K? :woot:

Kevin from BD forum just posted this

The physical media is currently abandoned by Disney in mainland China, Unfortunately they've decided focusing solely on the streaming media there. We will see if they are going to change that in 2021. Until then, Sadly No Disney title releases from Blufans at this moment