Ant-Man and The Wasp (4K+2D and 3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Lenticular) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

dfoles

Scanner Ninja
Contributor
Premium Supporter
May 15, 2013
GA
Release date: July 8, 2019
Purchase links: 4K+2D - 3D+2D (Pre-order on June 8 at 6 PM UK time)
Price: £31.99 (4K) - £26.99 (3D)

12182603-6574677902563002.jpg
12182602-8644677901398996.jpg

12182603-2114677901019274.jpg
12182603-5764677901313679.jpg
12182603-1704677901172346.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Price for the 3D edition is stupid and I don’t like that they didn’t pick an artwork that continued a honeycomb theme on the back. It sort of looks stupid.
Shame, because the front is a winner.

Right, but would they then do a full lenticular? I don’t know that Zavvi has done that before instead of the framed type
Full lenti steelbooks?
As far as I remember just the two Hulks from Zavvi - HULK and THE INCREDIBLE HULK + THE HUNGER GAMES COLLECTION from Amazon (UK):-
:-
1559348930322.png
el-increible-hulk-lenticular-steelbook-zavvi-l_cover.jpg

1559349119117.png

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
s-l1600 (3).jpg

1559349687586.png

• Informative
Reactions: dfoles
Full lenti steelbooks?
As far as I remember just the two Hulks from Zavvi - HULK and THE INCREDIBLE HULK + THE HUNGER GAMES COLLECTION from Amazon (UK):-
:-
View attachment 430045 View attachment 430047
View attachment 430046
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
View attachment 430052
View attachment 430053

Nice. Well if they went full like this they could at least deboss the title. But if they do the framed kind then there’s definitely no embossing.

• Thanks
Reactions: virkia
Nice. Well if they went full like this they could at least deboss the title. But if they do the framed kind then there’s definitely no embossing.

The majority of the lenti versions have a framed border and embossed title (in the MCU line)

Only ones that don’t are the Incredible Hulk, guardians 2 and Thor ragnarok

Except that the hulk was a full lenti covering the whole front steel and the guardians 2 and ragnarok lentis are the same size as the others as if there was a border

The majority of the lenti versions have a framed border and embossed title (in the MCU line)

Just went back and looked at a few. I skipped the lenti rereleases cause I already have the MCU but those look nice. I didn’t think they did embossing with the magnets. I imagine the front just gets pushed in a little when you have them on the shelf together.

Reactions: Flloydo
Just went back and looked at a few. I skipped the lenti rereleases cause I already have the MCU but those look nice. I didn’t think they did embossing with the magnets. I imagine the front just gets pushed in a little when you have them on the shelf together.

They seem fine on the shelf.

The ones with crappy lentis, I keep inside the steelbook anyway

Only a few of the lentis are okay imo

I dont own the guardians vol 1 lenti edition because it was just awful in hand, one of the worse in the “wave” so I sent that back. Also don’t own cap 1, I received mine damaged but had sold out by that time so I had to send it Back for a refund

• Helpful Post
Reactions: dfoles
This is the art I wanted on Blufans’ WEA :sorry: if only the Marvels they’re working on didn’t get delayed... Zavvi beat them to the punch

The golden honeycomb design is gorgeous

Or maybe Blufans will be doing @Noodles ’s design all along, who knows

At least this art could show up on a slip still

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
... and different to the three flat face steelbooks ^ with full size lentis . . . there's the Zoom exclusive full size lenti exclusive STAR TREK: BEYOND - the first UK steelbook with framing border and embossed title too:-
1559384418222.png
1559384497880.png
1559384629921.png

I can't really accept the reason of "scratches the finish more easily" for not using a full gloss finish on lenti steelbooks and I guess there must be another reason even if it's a cost related reason like it costs more to manufacture a full gloss finish + lenti than what we get - zero finish + lenti.
The back that doesn't have a lenti could be full gloss though.

Having a closer look at that back art with fresh eyes and it's worse than I thought... not only is the scale of the characters off, but the shadow under Ant-Man makes no sense, since the light source is top left, and it makes him look like a cardboard cutout lol.

• Haha
Reactions: milky and dfoles
It doesn't look like the Black Panther lenti SteelBook will have a border either.

I really hope the do cos the Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol. 2 and Thor: Ragnarok editions looked so odd without the border.

I did a mockup and they both look good with a border so hopefully they'll emboss the title like they did with the others!

Black Panther Lenti with border.jpg
Ant Man and the Wasp Lenti with border.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian