Ant-Man and The Wasp (4K+2D and 3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Lenticular) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

dfoles

Scanner Ninja
Contributor
Premium Supporter
May 15, 2013
GA
Release date: July 8, 2019
Purchase links: 4K+2D - 3D+2D (Pre-order on June 8 at 6 PM UK time)
Price: £31.99 (4K) - £26.99 (3D)

12182603-6574677902563002.jpg
12182602-8644677901398996.jpg

12182603-2114677901019274.jpg
12182603-5764677901313679.jpg
12182603-1704677901172346.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I just tested this and the code still works if you’re in the UK, but as soon as I switched to USD, it removed the discount. The price in the US is a little less than in the UK. I just bought 2 used 5off code and hopefully can either sell it or trade the extra for the Black Panther Lenti.

I just tested this and the code still works if you’re in the UK, but as soon as I switched to USD, it removed the discount. The price in the US is a little less than in the UK. I just bought 2 used 5off code and hopefully can either sell it or trade the extra for the Black Panther Lenti.

That's what I always do as well. The Welcome346 code hasn't worked for me for many months now even when I'm there right when a Zavvi SteelBook release goes live. I always try anyway but always end up just using the US site, order 2 using the 5OFF code and get the discount of $6.50 Canadian. Then I sell the other copy so it all works out fine. And I always get free shipping to Canada whichever Zavvi site I use.

Best thing about the 5OFF code is that it is always working and is never disabled so you can use it any time.

Reactions: Steely-Booked
4K edition already showing sold out less than a day after going live so no time to shilly-shally with the other edition.

Whatcha talkin bout? You think there’s only 2-500 of the 4K release?
Of this version/edition SteelBook, yes, I think so.
Why? Do you have some sure/undeniable information about the number?
If I recall correctly, Scanavo accept a minimum of 2000 pieces order, and those were split between 3D and 4K and for Zavvi’s Europe and US.
Therefore...

Of this version/edition SteelBook, yes, I think so.
Why? Do you have some sure/undeniable information about the number?
If I recall correctly, Scanavo accept a minimum of 2000 pieces order, and those were split between 3D and 4K and for Zavvi’s Europe and US.
Therefore...
You’re correct about the 2,000 order, not sure if that’s what they did for this or if it’s 4,000

The European and US storefronts have the same inventory. Whatever is sold on the US site is the Zavvi European version with all the same packaging and ratings logos. I don’t know that they explicitly set aside stock for the international storefronts.

You’re correct about the 2,000 order, not sure if that’s what they did for this or if it’s 4,000

The European and US storefronts have the same inventory. Whatever is sold on the US site is the Zavvi European version with all the same packaging and ratings logos. I don’t know that they explicitly set aside stock for the international storefronts.
Zavvi store fronts are not separate retailers with different stock allocations.

Zavvi are UK retailer
The different zavvi websites are just language/currency versions of Zavvi.com

Same Steelbooks with 4K/2D and 3D/2D
Only difference is the discs and Jcard

Most of print run is allocated to 3D/2D Discs
This is why 4K has sold out quicker simply less steelbooks

• Informative
Reactions: dfoles
Same Steelbooks with 4K/2D and 3D/2D
Only difference is the discs and Jcard

Do you mean they actually change the j-card and discs for a US release? Or are you just saying the only difference between the 4K and 3D releases (regardless of Zavvi or us.Zavvi) is the discs and the j-card?

Do you mean they actually change the j-card and discs for a US release? Or are you just saying the only difference between the 4K and 3D releases (regardless of Zavvi or us.Zavvi) is the discs and the j-card?
No
Zavvi are a UK retailer
Discs inside are UK/Ireland BBFC age rated

Steelbook gets made and then discs put inside by the UK distributor

As in 4000 steelbooks have no discs inside when Distributor gets delivery from scanavo

Disney UK then put the UK/Ireland discs inside and attach jcard and shrink wrap and then ship to Zavvi

All Blu-ray/DVD releases sold on Zavvi website is UK/Ireland releases

There is no Zavvi in USA
Zavvi USA is a UK retailer

Zavvi USA is just language/currency version of Zavvi.com UK website.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: dfoles
No
Zavvi are a UK retailer
Discs inside are UK/Ireland BBFC age rated

Steelbook gets made and then discs put inside by the UK distributor

As in 4000 steelbooks have no discs inside when Distributor gets delivery from scanavo

Disney UK then put the UK/Ireland discs inside and attach jcard and shrink wrap and then ship to Zavvi

All Blu-ray Discs sold on Zavvi website is UK/Ireland releases
That’s what i thought, just getting clarification.

Thanks @paulboland

Reactions: paulboland
That's what I always do as well. The Welcome346 code hasn't worked for me for many months now even when I'm there right when a Zavvi SteelBook release goes live. I always try anyway but always end up just using the US site, order 2 using the 5OFF code and get the discount of $6.50 Canadian. Then I sell the other copy so it all works out fine. And I always get free shipping to Canada whichever Zavvi site I use.

Best thing about the 5OFF code is that it is always working and is never disabled so you can use it any time.
Buying two at once would be too great a shock to my system. Perhaps I'll drum up the courage some day. Good idea, though.

• Haha
Reactions: Stygian and dfoles
TO be honest; I’m getting tired of all these crowded artwork Steelbooks, and I deci Yo passed base on me not liking the recent black panther, infinity war, civil war releases from blufans and I don’t think zavvi will do a better job than that...I have the first U.K. regalase and I’m happy with it...on the other hand I like the yellow on it :)

Was just going to wait for Blufans but since that will likely be a while I’ve given this Zavvi effort a go. I just hope it’s a better finish than some of their previous efforts.

I'm not sure which previous efforts you're referring to but this is going to be flat and matte. Which will not be as good as some previous releases which had some bossing. None of them have had any gloss.