Premium Supporter
Jul 20, 2016
Canada
Release date: October 16, 2018
Purchase links: English or Bilingual
Price: CDN $44.99

21.jpg

20.jpg

Judging by the fact this has an inside art reveal, does this mean this is the final design?! If so, may have to hold off and cancel my Zavvi pre-order (all suggesting this is WWA) and hope BluFans comes up with something better!

Just went to Best Buy Canada's site to check the release date for this and the listings have disappeared.

This listing showed up on Best Buy's site on Aug. 29th and has been sold out since Sep. 9th...less than 2 weeks after it was listed.
The release date of Oct. 16th is still a month away.

Can this really be that limited to be sold out already? Or will this most likely come back into stock at some point?

Seems really strange for a marvel steelbook to be sold out so soon. I realize we're talking about Ant-Man and not an Avengers movie but still.

This listing showed up on Best Buy's site on Aug. 29th and has been sold out since Sep. 9th...less than 2 weeks after it was listed.
The release date of Oct. 16th is still a month away.

Can this really be that limited to be sold out already? Or will this most likely come back into stock at some point?

Seems really strange for a marvel steelbook to be sold out so soon. I realize we're talking about Ant-Man and not an Avengers movie but still.

Look what happened with Deadpool 2 (and Deadpool now that I think of it). Disappeared fast and never returned aside for a very limited time because orders were cancelled or couldn't be processed. Think it's becoming the sign of the times with Best Buy Canada and highly sought after steelbooks. The USA does get the lion's share of the print run afterall among other titles that we never get to see. Only difference is the j-card specifically with the bilingual versions so if you aren't picky about that like I am, then the Best Buy US version is your best bet.

Cheers!

Reactions: Stygian
Look what happened with Deadpool 2 (and Deadpool now that I think of it). Disappeared fast and never returned aside for a very limited time because orders were cancelled or couldn't be processed. Think it's becoming the sign of the times with Best Buy Canada and highly sought after steelbooks. The USA does get the lion's share of the print run afterall among other titles that we never get to see. Only difference is the j-card specifically with the bilingual versions so if you aren't picky about that like I am, then the Best Buy US version is your best bet.

Cheers!

Well I don't know about Deadpool 2. I didn't follow that one because of the dreadful art. But the original Deadpool was available for quite awhile but due to popular demand and not enough stock it just wasn't released to stores. And they didn't announce in-store only until the flyer came out on the Friday before the release date. What a fiasco that was.

But yes I'm sure quantities in Canada now are probably a lot smaller than they were back then. Being Marvel, I wonder if these might be stocked in stores. I don't know if Infinity War was. I didn't follow that one. I wanted the UK version. Oops.

Well I don't know about Deadpool 2. I didn't follow that one because of the dreadful art. But the original Deadpool was available for quite awhile but due to popular demand and not enough stock it just wasn't released to stores. And they didn't announce in-store only until the flyer came out on the Friday before the release date. What a fiasco that was.

But yes I'm sure quantities in Canada now are probably a lot smaller than they were back then. Being Marvel, I wonder if these might be stocked in stores. I don't know if Infinity War was. I didn't follow that one. I wanted the UK version. Oops.

Deadpool 2 lasted all of a few hours when it was released. You can see the complaints in the comments section regarding this. Deadpool lasted at most a couple of days. Lately, I haven't seen any of these Marvel steelbooks in store other than when someone returns them and those are usually damaged ones. Even Sunrise Records aren't getting huge quantities of their steelbook exclusives. So, other than the wide releases (ie same steelbook being carried by multiple stores within Canada), guess everyone just needs to stay on top of it to get what they want. I missed out on Deadpool 2, but got it on release day when 5 copies became available (guessing from cancellations).

Cheers!

Deadpool 2 lasted all of a few hours when it was released. You can see the complaints in the comments section regarding this. Deadpool lasted at most a couple of days. Lately, I haven't seen any of these Marvel steelbooks in store other than when someone returns them and those are usually damaged ones. Even Sunrise Records aren't getting huge quantities of their steelbook exclusives. So, other than the wide releases (ie same steelbook being carried by multiple stores within Canada), guess everyone just needs to stay on top of it to get what they want. I missed out on Deadpool 2, but got it on release day when 5 copies became available (guessing from cancellations).

Cheers!

Deadpool 2 was actually released to Best Buy stores. I saw on their site at about 3 AM on release day that you could reserve for pick-up
in store at all locations.

Hopefully this will be the case for Ant-Man. I haven't watched the movie yet but if it becomes available again I'll reserve it.
After I watch a copy from the library I'll decide whether or not to keep the steelbook.

I guess going forward I will have to make sure I order any steelbooks I may be interested in and decide whether or not to keep them later.

I doubt they'll be "restocking" at this point until release date and I'd hang around the site to see if any come back through cancellations or returns.

I check the website everyday for anything new on steelbooks. Today Infinity War and Thor Ragnarok came back in stock showing less than 10 copies of each. I can just imagine what shape they must be in by now. :LOL: