DigiPack Anyone a collector of the CJ digipacks?

Jan 16, 2012
CJ_logo_small.png

Surprised to see that there's no mention of the brilliant CJ entertainment limited edition digipacks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: LuthfurRAhman
Just wonder, what the print run of each CJ Digipack is like. Some seem to be sold out pretty fast while some are available for ages. Anywhere the info is published?

Its been a long time and things could have changed since 01 but I believe I heard Good Bad Weird had a print run of 800. But yes its curious how some are readily available years later and others are total ghosts. I figure international appeal (as well as home soil too I suppose: Bong Joon-ho has always been huge at the Korean box office) dictated which ones were snapped up fast. Kim Jee-woon, Park Chan-wook and Bong Joon-ho seemed to have about the highest draw and their digi's have always been hard to find.

Much as I admire Ernie's collection, many of the films added to the catalogue don't interest me much to be honest. I don't know what the hold-up is though but they totally need to release My Sassy Girl as an entry - unless it's Starmax behind that one I can't remember lol.. Koreapop were on ebay a while back listing 10 Memories of Murder digipaks at $200 a pop...it makes me wonder how many are being bulk-hoarded out there!

I may look to spring for these elusive entries I want after the New Year... :naughty:

Last edited:
Reactions: Real Steel
Not that I've found anyway. Its possible the numbers are out there somewhere though. I've always considered them along the lines of the Korean DVD market crash some years back. The slower Blu Ray adoption rate thanks to factors such as Korea's amazingly fast internet and the DVD Bang rooms removing some of the desire for physical media outside the full blooded collectors. In this sense I've always imagined print runs would sit around the 1000 mark - the same kind of allocation retailers seem to aim for when it comes to international steelbook collectors.

That being said in 2014 South Korean big players CJ and Lotte Entertainment are proving to be healthier than they have been in recent years (at least at the box office I haven't seen sell-through figures on BluRay sales) which has me thinking that out of pure capability, later CJ digipak releases possibly have larger print runs.

Reactions: Real Steel
Cj collection was love at first sight for me!!
I'm so chauffed I found man from knowhere on ebay for £50 few days ago. :thumbs:
Disappointed though there aren't many collectors in here. Would love to see other peoples collection etc. plus have the oppertunity to buy & trade :/

If anyone knows anyone lmk :)

Reactions: dan8885
Cj collection was love at first sight for me!!
I'm so chauffed I found man from knowhere on ebay for £50 few days ago. :thumbs:
Disappointed though there aren't many collectors in here. Would love to see other peoples collection etc. plus have the oppertunity to buy & trade :/

If anyone knows anyone lmk :)
I wanted to get into it. But these things costs more than an arm and a leg. Congrats on Man from Nowhere. It usually goes for $200 - $300 range. That's like the one I wanted most. For now I've settled on the NA slipcover :D

Reactions: dan8885
Thanks. I am pretty please with it, especially I ally it being mint.considering it's my 1st one and also managed to get my hands in a brand new masquerade aswel. I think I determined to get me all. The quality and the feel and the movies.. Can't fault em :thumbs: 'na slipcover'??

I wanted to get into it. But these things costs more than an arm and a leg. Congrats on Man from Nowhere. It usually goes for $200 - $300 range. That's like the one I wanted most. For now I've settled on the NA slipcover :D

Thanks. I am pretty please with it, especially I ally it being mint.considering it's my 1st one and also managed to get my hands in a brand new masquerade aswel. I think I determined to get me all. The quality and the feel and the movies.. Can't fault em :thumbs: 'na slipcover'??
You're gonna get'em all? Good luck buddy! You need to rob a bank or something :rofl:
But yes, they are AMAZING!!!

Might be USA exclusive, I'm not sure.
DSC00677.JPG