Anyone else have USPS shipments not updating?

dfoles

Scanner Ninja
Contributor
Premium Supporter
May 15, 2013
GA
I have 2 two shipments, one that I shipped and one coming to me, that haven't updated since the 2nd. The one I shipped was supposed to be delivered yesterday to Michigan, but the last update still has it in Atlanta. Then the one coming to me is supposed to be delivered today but still shows its in California.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    126.5 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:
I have 2 two shipments, one that I shipped and one coming to me, that haven't updated since the 2nd. The one I shipped was supposed to be delivered yesterday to Michigan, but the last update still has it in Atlanta. Then the one coming to me is supposed to be delivered today but still shows its in California.

Are they from a similar type of vendor? Sometimes those labels get scanned but don't always register (label too shiny, etc)

Are they from a similar type of vendor? Sometimes those labels get scanned but don't always register (label too shiny, etc)
The one I shipped was from the in store kiosk, dunno about the one being shipped to me. Mail's come today and no package.

The one I shipped was from the in store kiosk, dunno about the one being shipped to me. Mail's come today and no package.

Have you noticed that a lot of those messages are now automated? So when it gets scanned initially, let's say, that kicks off a process that says, by tonight it should be at this distribution hub. If the package doesn't make it, the tracking still shows that info, and sometimes gets messed up with the next scan.

It's a fairly good system, but if you get a lot of volume like I do, the occasional issues become easier to spot.

The other day I had an item get directed two hours to the north, then it had to come back to the distribution hub 30 minutes south of me, and then back to my post office.

Have you noticed that a lot of those messages are now automated? So when it gets scanned initially, let's say, that kicks off a process that says, by tonight it should be at this distribution hub. If the package doesn't make it, the tracking still shows that info, and sometimes gets messed up with the next scan.

It's a fairly good system, but if you get a lot of volume like I do, the occasional issues become easier to spot.

The other day I had an item get directed two hours to the north, then it had to come back to the distribution hub 30 minutes south of me, and then back to my post office.
I haven't had many problems with it. But the package I sent that's supposed to go from GA -> MI showed up at a USPS Facility in Jacksonville. Wtf.

I haven't had many problems with it. But the package I sent that's supposed to go from GA -> MI showed up at a USPS Facility in Jacksonville. Wtf.

They should figure it out at the sort center before it goes to a local office.

So then it should back to the sort and off to Michigan.

Have you tried reporting the package as misdelivered?

Reactions: dfoles
They should figure it out at the sort center before it goes to a local office.

So then it should back to the sort and off to Michigan.

Have you tried reporting the package as misdelivered?
Not yet. I'm gonna keep my eye on it and make sure it does end up heading north. Someone said Jacksonville is a major sorting facility, so maybe it'll be sorted properly from there.

Reactions: apsmith21