Apocalypse Now: Final Cut - 40th Anniversary (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: September 16, 2019
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-orders live June 5 Wednesday 12 noon UK time )
Price: £31.99
Notes: 6 Discs - Gloss Finish - Region Free

12180852-1154695786230931.jpg

12180852-7014695786326247.jpg 12180852-3594695785953725.jpg 12180852-1634695786401454.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 446880

Just arrived.

Standard sized Steelbook, No gloss but the finish looks good through the cellophane.

I won't be opening it though as films I buy for the artwork stay sealed.
@Darth toffeeman
Steelbook is a full gloss finish
Sealed steelbooks not good way to say what finish a steelbook is as it can hide the finish
You need to take shrink wrapping of steelbooks to tell what finish is in use

Love the artwork but maybe bit surprised that it doesn't go all the way to the edges - like on the mock-ups that I've seen - giving the in-hand steelbook a stickerbook look...
1568469945265.png
/
1568470088016.png
1568468351913.png
/
1568469602411.png

... yet at the same time realising and accepting that Mondo artwork steelbooks oftentimes have frames:-

Last edited:
Reactions: jasong
Why are you buying a movie you dont care for then? Lol surely its better to waste ur money on stuff you actually like

I collect Mondo art.

I have a few Mondo steels that I love the art, yet don't like the film.

Best is when both boxes get ticked, but that doesn't always happen.

Love the artwork but maybe bit surprised that it doesn't go all the way to the edges - like on the mock-ups that I've seen - giving the in-hand steelbook a stickerbook look...
View attachment 446968 / View attachment 446971

... yet at the same time realising and accepting that Mondo artwork steelbooks oftentimes have frames:-
Actually, I think you'll find that the first mockup that zavvi posted DID have a border as shown in the pic below, so the updated artwork was actually wrong.;
anfc.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: virkia
Looking like the Blu-rays are still locked to (B) USA are region free.
Frame suits it.
@Blu-devil
Studiocanal all 4 Blu-ray Discs in this release are Region Free
Tested in Region A Player and Region C Player

Never go by what region code is listed on a disc or Jcard
You tests discs marked as Region B in a Region A player and Region C player to find out is region free or locked to a certain region

• Thanks
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: Blu-devil and milky
I'm a little annoyed now because the French steelbook doesn't have the borders. Might have to sell my Zavvi steelbook now and get the French one instead, but I can't tell if the French edition has gloss finish like the Zavvi one. A customer on the Amazon France website posted some pictures in the review section.

• Thanks
Reactions: C.C. 95
I'm a little annoyed now because the French steelbook doesn't have the borders. Might have to sell my Zavvi steelbook now and get the French one instead, but I can't tell if the French edition has gloss finish like the Zavvi one. A customer on the Amazon France website posted some pictures in the review section.

But the spine, man! The spine is a deal-breaker.

Let's wait and see what the Germans did.

Reactions: MM3
But the spine, man! The spine is a deal-breaker.

Let's wait and see what the Germans did.

I see. The title on the spine is upside down. You could flip it around? I guess you can't win with a lot of these steelbooks as there is always a flaw. Wish there was more common sense with the people designing steels. What can you do?

If I'm not mistaken, there are other French steelbooks with the spine titles facing the wrong way?

Wish there was more common sense with the people designing steels.

I think of that every single day. :D

If I'm not mistaken, there are other French steelbooks with the spine titles facing the wrong way?

French standard is to have it wrong. (Wrong, because when you have the edition on tabletop, the title on the spine is upside-down.) There is no guarantee for anything, though; did this one well, for example:

81eded2C3lL._SY550_.jpg