paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: September 16, 2019
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zoom - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £29.99 (Amazon - HMV) - £30 (Zoom) - £34.99 (Zavvi)
Notes: Limited Edition - Region Free

12180851-1114695786135561.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: goufcustom
Extras:

• Intro by Francis Ford Coppola
  • Audio Commentary by Director Francis Ford Coppola
  • An Interview with John Milius
  • A Conversation with Martin Sheen and Francis Ford Coppola
  • “Fred Roos: Casting Apocalypse” Featurette
  • The Mercury Theatre on the Air: Heart of Darkness – November 6, 1938
  • “The Hollow Men” Featurette o Monkey Sampan “Lost Scene” o Additional Scenes
  • “Destruction of the Kurtz Compound” End Credits
  • “The Birth of 5.1 Sound” Featurette
  • “Ghost Helicopter Flyover” Sound Effects Demonstration
  • “The Synthesizer Soundtrack” Article by Bob Moog
  • “A Million Feet of Film: The Editing of Apocalypse Now” Featurette
  • “Heard Any Good Movies Lately? The Sound Design of Apocalypse Now” Featurette
  • “The Final Mix” Featurette
  • “2001 Cannes Film Festival: Francis Ford Coppola” Featurette
  • “PBR Streetgang” Featurette o “The Color Palette of Apocalypse Now” Featurette
  • Disc Credits
  • Hearts of Darkness: A Filmmaker’s Apocalypse (with Optional Audio Commentary by Francis and Eleanor Coppola)
  • NEW: Tribeca Film Festival Q and A with Francis Ford Coppola and Steven Soderbergh
  • NEW: Never-Before-Seen B-Roll Footage o NEW: Apocalypse Now Dolby featurette (HD)
  • NEW: A history of Apocalypse Now on Home Video (HD) o John Milius Script Excerpt with Francis Coppola Notes (Still Gallery)
  • Storyboard Collection
  • Photo Archive Unit Photography, Mary Ellen Mark Photography
  • Marketing Archive, 1979 Teaser Trailer, 1979 Theatrical Trailer, 1979 Radio Spots, 1979 Theatrical Program, Lobby Card and Press Kit Photos, Poster Gallery, Apocalypse Now Redux Trailer
12180851-1114695786135561.jpg

Reactions: goufcustom
Hello guys. Does anyone know for sure that the UK version of the 6 disc Apocalypse Now final cut 4k also has a download version for all three versions in UHD? This is one of my favourite films and i do already own the theatrical version in DVD and Redux on bluray but i dont yet own a 4k player. I do own a 4k TV and have a fibre connection so i am hoping this realease includes a download version like the US version? I see that the UK artwork doesnt mention digital download but the US version does. Which makes me wonder if the UK version misses out??

I apprecaite that this doesnt get released untill 16/09 but if someone could reply before or shortly thereafter that would be great, thanks.

Hello guys. Does anyone know for sure that the UK version of the 6 disc Apocalypse Now final cut 4k also has a download version for all three versions in UHD? This is one of my favourite films and i do already own the theatrical version in DVD and Redux on bluray but i dont yet own a 4k player. I do own a 4k TV and have a fibre connection so i am hoping this realease includes a download version like the US version? I see that the UK artwork doesnt mention digital download but the US version does. Which makes me wonder if the UK version misses out??

I apprecaite that this doesnt get released untill 16/09 but if someone could reply before or shortly thereafter that would be great, thanks.
@dinob
StudioCanal don't include Digital copies with their releases

If you want Digital Copy you need to get Lionsgate USA amaray release and be based in USA for digital copy code to work

Amazon UK Debit card has been charged

For members that missed out
Amazon UK
£29.99
Back available to order
317 available

nice shots, @paulboland. :thumbs: 2 additional questions, if i may. what is the digipack spine like - is it actually completely blank, has a title, certificates included or not? - and excluding the fact that the new edition has 4K, how do you feel this compares, now you have it, to the previous digipack (which i also own)? cheers. :)

Reactions: paulboland
nice shots, @paulboland. :thumbs: 2 additional questions, if i may. what is the digipack spine like - is it actually completely blank, has a title, certificates included or not? - and excluding the fact that the new edition has 4K, how do you feel this compares, now you have it, to the previous digipack (which i also own)? cheers. :)
Slipbox spine has a title and BBFC age rating on the front.

I will post photo of slipbox spine tomorrow.
Digipak has no title it's as shown above in photo.

I not had time yet to watch the final cut or new extras I will do likely in October when I'm on 2 weeks holidays

I don't have 4K TV so I won't be in a position to give my opinion on UHD discs

The previous Digipak collector's edition from 2011 had more items like booklet and other items.

The Final Cut Collector's edition has more disc content than previous collector's edition.

The new extras are on Disc 6 that also includes the previous hearts of darkness documentary.

Final Cut Disc has a new introduction optional extra from Francis Ford Coppola.

DIsc 5 is same extras disc from 2011 collectors edition.

This release could have been better if it had of included a booklet and some artcards and a poster.

As this edition has no booklet etc I will be keeping my previous collector's edition for that content.

Last edited:
Note there is a standard amaray 3 disc been released on September 30th

4K edition
Blu-ray edition

September 30th
Blu-ray 3 disc edition drops the 2011 extras disc

4K standard edition been released on September 30th
I assume that's 2 UHD Discs and 1 Blu-ray disc
Blu-ray Disc most likely will be the hearts of Darkness disc as that has the new extras.

If you want a release with all 6 discs
Get the collectors edition or Zavvi Steelbook

Zavvi at the moment are sold out of the collector's edition

Collector's Edition Amazon will very soon be sold out likely by tomorrow if not before

Last edited:
Slipbox spine has a title and BBFC age rating on the front.

I will post photo of slipbox spine tomorrow.
Digipak has no title it's as shown above in photo.

I not had time yet to watch the final cut or new extras I will do likely in October when I'm on 2 weeks holidays

I don't have 4K TV so I won't be in a position to give my opinion on UHD discs

The previous Digipak collector's edition from 2011 had more items like booklet and other items.

The Final Cut Collector's edition has more disc content than previous collector's edition.

The new extras are on Disc 6 that also includes the previous hearts of darkness documentary.

Final Cut Disc has a new introduction optional extra from Francis Ford Coppola.

DIsc 5 is same extras disc from 2011 collectors edition.

This release could have been better if it had of included a booklet and some artcards and a poster.

As this edition has no booklet etc I will be keeping my previous collector's edition for that content.
many thanks indeed, @paulboland. :thumbs:

Reactions: paulboland
@dinob

or workaround it. :naughty:
Its on Amazon prime download UHD now. Which is grand if you are after the just the final cut in 4K. Cheap to at only £10.

I did also end up buying the Zavvi Steelbook 6 disc last week as every other source was selling out and i was thinking i dont want to miss store prices and have to pay inflated resell prices and that wld have to invest in 4k player. I will watch the bluray extras as just the two 4k discs in that set. The 4k player will wait for future.

Apocalypse Now: Final Cut [Ultra HD]. Check it out now on Prime Video!

Is this worth getting as already have the steelbook? And are all edition worldwide the same or does an edition from somewhere have extra say another does not?