Aquaman (4K+2D and 3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 24) [Hong Kong]

Level Of Interest

• Will Buy

Votes: 126 67.4%
  • Maybe

Votes: 41 21.9%
  • Absolutely Not

Votes: 20 10.7%

• Total voters

Aniv

Premium Supporter
Jan 6, 2015
Release date: June 21, 2019
Purchase links: Full Slip (4K + BD) - Lenticular (4K + BD) - Double Lenti (3D + BD) - Box Set (Pre-order May 17 at 8 PM, HKT, GMT+8) Check your local timings HERE
Price: $48.99 (Individual editions) - $159.97 (Box Set)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv Box Set - Double Lenti - Single LentI - Full Slip
Notes: One Click 500 sets, Full Slip 500 , Lenti 500, Double Lenti 500 (Total Print Run 3000)

BOX_bd7540db-9bc8-4f7f-9cd5-efa02065c96f.jpgDLS_16639a13-5a5e-472b-bf4c-5f3e090c2523.jpgLS_cc6f58fa-a40e-427a-a0c0-85df82434a48.jpgFS_690ec035-7e5b-4333-8f10-39a51f5f5da0.jpg

Goodies: Slips: Full sized Booklet, Character Cards, Post Cards, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Sticker, Exclusive Lenticular Sticker, Envelope
Effects:
- Full Slip Spot Matte + Spot Glossy + Spot Holofoil + Embossing
- Lenticular Full Slip: Super Clear 3D Lenticular + Spot Matte, Spot Glossy and Embossing
- Lenticular Full Slip: Super Clear 3D Lenticular x 2 + High + Spot Matte + Spot Glossy + Embossing
- One Click Box: Scratch Resistance Coating + Spot Matte, + Spot Glossy + Spot Holofoil + Embossing
- WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Embossed" Title.
aqua_steelbook_front.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
DL and steelbook.

This steelbook just like an embossed WWA, and with a little different matte finish.

But inner print of steelbook is beautiful.

View attachment 437323

I'm glad you said that, for somebody who has the steelbook in hand. I think it's too 'WWA' also which is why I much prefer the Zeta steel design. Obviously this one is better than the WWA because of the embossing and much more focus on design but is the finish not full gloss then?

I'm glad you said that, for somebody who has the steelbook in hand. I think it's too 'WWA' also which is why I much prefer the Zeta steel design. Obviously this one is better than the WWA because of the embossing and much more focus on design but is the finish not full gloss then?

It's 100% full fat gloss like all Manta Lab steelbooks are

It's funny you say it's too similar to the WWA releases because that's the vibe I get from HDZ's Steelbook, maybe not in terms of the actual artwork but the image of Momoa on that one seems like a cross between a real world image of him and a caricature and obviously there was a much more obvious illustrated WWA steelbook

While I don't have HDZ's Aquaman in hand yet thus far every single D.C. head to head between Manta and HDZ Manta's Steelbooks have been vastly superior and I doubt that'll be any different with this release. Where HDZ have had the edge have generally been with the boxes, slips and the different extras included with each edition (as oppose to every Manta edition having the same contents)

EDIT: @paul55519 can you put some of those images in spoiler tags please, even on a fibre internet connection this page is taking ages to load :facepalm:

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: St4rlord
I have no doubts Manta nailed it with lenticulars again, but truth be told, and it is very obvious, the embossing on slips is laughable compare to Zeta slips, no doubts :stop: .....I never liked their emboss on slips, they never did it again so great like on Man of Steel or Kingsmen white slip.....

thus far every single D.C. head to head between Manta and HDZ Manta's Steelbooks have been vastly superior

I beg to differ with Batman vs Superman and Suicide Squad :batman::mos: lol

However, I see your point. I initially started with Manta then moved over to Zeta (thanks to cooey who got me reluctantly hooked!) but I was all over Man of Steel from Manta and think that steelbook will definitely take some beating.
Now I just collect the Zeta sets as I much prefer their consistency, and I will select just one Manta to go alongside it, although it's very hit and miss with my Manta collection.

I'm trying not to get into going for both clicks from each retailer as it's just too much with all the others I like (Marvel side)

I beg to differ with Batman vs Superman and Suicide Squad :batman::mos: lol

However, I see your point. I initially started with Manta then moved over to Zeta (thanks to cooey who got me reluctantly hooked!) but I was all over Man of Steel from Manta and think that steelbook will definitely take some beating.
Now I just collect the Zeta sets as I much prefer their consistency, and I will select just one Manta to go alongside it, although it's very hit and miss with my Manta collection.

I'm trying not to get into going for both clicks from each retailer as it's just too much with all the others I like (Marvel side)

Manta BvS and suicide squad was their global range. So wwa steels were used. They dropped that line though and just focus on wea now

I’d still love manta to tackle BvS properly tbh

I have no doubts Manta nailed it with lenticulars again, but truth be told, and it is very obvious, the embossing on slips is laughable compare to Zeta slips, no doubts :stop: .....I never liked their emboss on slips, they never did it again so great like on Man of Steel or Kingsmen white slip.....

Laughable?

But zeta use that constant velvet material which is overkill on every single release they do. Like fac. Makes my skin crawl. Nice on some releases but not every.

And zeta have missed the trick on more editons than I care to count. Sucker punch and blade runner for example had no finish on the back of their slips. Manta never disappoint with adding finishes. There’s always something for someone and take steps in creativity to change things up and keep you interested.

Manta BvS and suicide squad was their global range. So wwa steels were used. They dropped that line though and just focus on wea now

I’d still love manta to tackle BvS properly tbh

Yea I know, I've got them lol. Was just pointing out to Tommy as he stated that all the DC Zeta steels were far superior... well, there's two that definitely weren't as they were WWA. :D

It would be nice if Manta revisited both BvS and SS (and yes I know lots of people hate SS) not only for the steels but in a box too. The French BvS steel is one of the nicest I've seen, quite underrated I think.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
The ole Manta vs Zeta Head to Head rivaly continues :p Love it :D
Both reputable retailers that specalises in the DCEU.
In the red corner we have the Manta Rats, and the blue corner we have the Zeta Boys.
Interesting opinions and points from both sides :coffee:
Who has come out on top?

Well it needs to be broken down in several ways.
We need a head to head break down for the following who is willing rip open two boxsets and open at least one of their steelbooks
- Boxset
- SL
- DL
- Steelbook
- Goodies

Any volunteers? ;)

Well it needs to be broken down in several ways.
We need a head to head break down for the following who is willing rip open two boxsets and open at least one of their steelbooks
- Boxset
- SL
- DL
- Steelbook
- Goodies

Any volunteers? ;)

I'll quickly chalk it up so we can all move on and never mention it again...

- Boxset - ZETA
- SL - ZETA
- DL - ZETA
- Steelbook - MANZETA
- Goodies - ZETA