Aquaman (4K+2D and 3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 24) [Hong Kong]

Level Of Interest

• Will Buy

Votes: 126 67.4%
  • Maybe

Votes: 41 21.9%
  • Absolutely Not

Votes: 20 10.7%

• Total voters

Aniv

Premium Supporter
Jan 6, 2015
Release date: June 21, 2019
Purchase links: Full Slip (4K + BD) - Lenticular (4K + BD) - Double Lenti (3D + BD) - Box Set (Pre-order May 17 at 8 PM, HKT, GMT+8) Check your local timings HERE
Price: $48.99 (Individual editions) - $159.97 (Box Set)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv Box Set - Double Lenti - Single LentI - Full Slip
Notes: One Click 500 sets, Full Slip 500 , Lenti 500, Double Lenti 500 (Total Print Run 3000)

BOX_bd7540db-9bc8-4f7f-9cd5-efa02065c96f.jpgDLS_16639a13-5a5e-472b-bf4c-5f3e090c2523.jpgLS_cc6f58fa-a40e-427a-a0c0-85df82434a48.jpgFS_690ec035-7e5b-4333-8f10-39a51f5f5da0.jpg

Goodies: Slips: Full sized Booklet, Character Cards, Post Cards, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Sticker, Exclusive Lenticular Sticker, Envelope
Effects:
- Full Slip Spot Matte + Spot Glossy + Spot Holofoil + Embossing
- Lenticular Full Slip: Super Clear 3D Lenticular + Spot Matte, Spot Glossy and Embossing
- Lenticular Full Slip: Super Clear 3D Lenticular x 2 + High + Spot Matte + Spot Glossy + Embossing
- One Click Box: Scratch Resistance Coating + Spot Matte, + Spot Glossy + Spot Holofoil + Embossing
- WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Embossed" Title.
aqua_steelbook_front.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll quickly chalk it up so we can all move on and never mention it again...

- Boxset - ZETA
- SL - ZETA
- DL - ZETA
- Steelbook - MANZETA
- Goodies - ZETA

haha, but we need someone to have both in hands and compare both side by side, and the best way to do that is to open both one clicks together.

Laughable?

But zeta use that constant velvet material which is overkill on every single release they do. Like fac. Makes my skin crawl. Nice on some releases but not every.

And zeta have missed the trick on more editons than I care to count. Sucker punch and blade runner for example had no finish on the back of their slips. Manta never disappoint with adding finishes. There’s always something for someone and take steps in creativity to change things up and keep you interested.

Just look at the difference, it is obvious

Manta - finish on slips with most of their releases is like this ( big parts, blunt edges, pure gloss, fugly holofoil instead)

(and I call @virkia here to do a better presentation, he can do the job and find pic of every Manta slip :D:angel:)

04.jpg IMG_5067.jpg

And Zeta ( velvet finish on every slip (which I like a lot), and lately ( Rampage, and now Aquaman) they just killing it with such a finish :oohyeah:

IMG_4973.jpg

Like I said, only one on same level from Manta which come to mind is Man of Steel, ( and white Kingsman with those K signs all over the slip ), otherwise most of their finishes are crap :spoil::spoil::LOL: and that´s why I go always with lentis, they handle them much better :)

Again, I believe @virkia can do a bigger presentation, I just dont have time for that, but I believe everyone must see the difference.

Just look at the difference, it is obvious

Manta - finish on slips with most of their releases is like this ( big parts, blunt edges, pure gloss, fugly holofoil instead)

(and I call @virkia here to do a better presentation, he can do the job and find pic of every Manta slip :D:angel:)

View attachment 437358 View attachment 437359

And Zeta ( velvet finish on every slip (which I like a lot), and lately ( Rampage, and now Aquaman) they just killing it with such a finish :oohyeah:

View attachment 437361

Like I said, only one on same level from Manta which come to mind is Man of Steel, ( and white Kingsman with those K signs all over the slip ), otherwise most of their finishes are crap :spoil::spoil::LOL: and that´s why I go always with lentis, they handle them much better :)

Again, I believe @virkia can do a bigger presentation, I just dont have time for that, but I believe everyone must see the difference.

But that’s the point. IF zeta decide to add finish to back art etc it’s always the same style of finish and whilst manta do use holofoil on a few releases, it’s usually different and unique.

Mantas Inglorous basterds full slip, the back of the Mitty lenti, first man full slip etc are all much better than most finishes zeta have put on anything.

Zetas mad max single lenti is the only time I can think where they did a different finish. And that included holofoil too but it was lovely. They are boring now following the same routine. Not saying they look bad but it’s boring. Fac did the same and it just got boring. Not creativeness or somthing different

But that’s the point. IF zeta decide to add finish to back art etc it’s always the same style of finish and whilst manta do use holofoil on a few releases, it’s usually different and unique.

Mantas Inglorous basterds full slip, the back of the Mitty lenti, first man full slip etc are all much better than most finishes zeta have put on anything.

Zetas mad max single lenti is the only time I can think where they did a different finish. And that included holofoil too but it was lovely. They are boring now following the same routine. Not saying they look bad but it’s boring. Fac did the same and it just got boring. Not creativeness or somthing different
Good points but I would just like say that it's possible to love something very much despite it being boring. Take my girlfriend, for example.......:yawn::drool:

Mantas la la land too. That full is one of their best. Incredible. No holofoil

Good points but I would just like say that it's possible to love something very much despite it being boring. Take my girlfriend, for example.......:yawn::drool:

Haha

Of course. And zeta still look good. I’m happy with all my zeta. But it is still the same each time. Like fAC

I think both HDZ and Manta can be guilty of repetitiveness to be honest, while HDZ love the velvet soft touch effect Manta love the (as they call it) scratch resistant sand paper effect. HDZ love the thick layers of spot gloss detailing certain parts of the image while Manta love adding debossing on their glossed images/areas. Both companies like to use holofoil and for every above and beyond detailing HDZ do (like on Mera in the above example) Manta can point to the little spot glossed Kingsman/Deadpool logos on those releases

HDZ are great for the uniformity of their releases while Manta are great for the variation in theirs

Manta's steelbooks themselves are arguably the best around (only rivalled by Blufans imo) while HDZ are great that their one clicks don't include 3 versions of the same Steelbook but an edition with a hard back book and different contents in each edition

Along with Blufans both companies easily make up the top 3 in the game and only those with favouritism towards one would dismiss the quality of the other

I love them all for all the reasons above :drool:

I think @sunnyx said he would :naughty: or did he mean sealed pics only of the One Clicks? :coffee: Not sure..

@paul55519 Did you get HDzeta also?

Good pics. Who's going to be the first to show some HDZ vs Manta photos??
:whistle::whistle::whistle:

Yes, I did. I am honored to be the first one sharing these two steelbooks with ninjas, here's the pics. And sorry to the mate didn't use wifi or thought the page loading so long, just learned how to use spoiler tag.

Just take the pictures of Zeta's DL and Manta's SL, cause they have same lenti artwork
IMG_5070.jpg

I think the biggest difference is the title part.

Next pic is Zeta's, a little bit clearer than Manta's below it.
IMG_5073.jpg
IMG_5074.jpg

All Aquaman's steelbook I have.

TW WWA Manta's
IMG_5107.jpg

Zeta's FNAC's

ZETA vs FNAC
And inner print is the same.
IMG_5108.jpg
IMG_5109.jpg

I think artworks of these two are not that similar, so just take two pics.
IMG_5110.jpg
IMG_5111.jpg

And WWA(left) vs Manta's(right)
IMG_5112.jpg
IMG_5113.jpg

More pics about WWA and Manta's different matte finish.

In my opinion, there are two differences between two steelbooks.

First is that Manta one has gloss finish at the upper part of steelbook.

The other is Manta's has a more elaborate matte finish, that make it looked more natural.

Manta's back artwork(left) vs WWA's front artwork(right)
IMG_5114.jpg

Manta's(up) vs WWA(down)
IMG_5115.jpg

IMG_5116-2.jpg

IMG_5117.jpg
IMG_5118.jpg
IMG_5119.jpg

IMG_5120.jpg
IMG_5121.jpg

WWA(left) vs Manta's(right)
IMG_5122.jpg
IMG_5123.jpg

Both manta and zeta lentis above seem quite equal

I do really like zetas steel but it’s mainly due to the image but I also like it as a lenti from manta. Both seem quite equal in their own different ways so far

Who has the balls to post pics with poor PQ right after moon's awesome pics?:OMG::emb:

Here're some comparisons between HDzeta(left) and Manta(right) double lentis;)

LentiSlip front: they're both great. like the image of Manta's more, but Zeta's title is crisper than Manta's.
11DoubleLenti_front.jpeg
LentiSlip back: these I call NC17 lentis, can go McLovin anytime with Mera:drool:
12DoubleLenti_back.jpeg
Steelbook front & back: both super glossy, Manta's colors and embossed title are great, but I like Zeta's wraparound design more:thumbs:
13Steel_front.jpeg14Steel_back.jpeg
Steelbook open: both exterior and interior, I prefer Zeta to Manta:whistle:
15Steel_open.jpeg16Steel_inner.jpeg
Booklet front & back: like Manta's design more and it has much more contents, but Zeta's got 7 Meras:hungry: whereas Manta's got only 1 Mera:banghead:
17Booklet.jpeg
Postcards and character cards: Zeta doesn't have character cards, but a larger and better image of Mera:kiss: and Mr. Dafoe:cool:
18Postcards_etc.jpeg

Overall...

I love them both:joy:

Who has the balls to post pics with poor PQ right after moon's awesome pics?:OMG::emb:

LentiSlip front: they're both great. like the image of Manta's more, but Zeta's title is crisper than Manta's.
View attachment 437482
LentiSlip back: these I call NC17 lentis, can go McLovin anytime with Mera:drool:
View attachment 437483
Steelbook front & back: both super glossy, Manta's colors and embossed title are great, but I like Zeta's wraparound design more:thumbs:
View attachment 437484View attachment 437485
View attachment 437486View attachment 437487
Booklet front & back: like Manta's design more and it has much more contents, but Zeta's got 7 Meras:hungry: whereas Manta's got only 1 Mera:banghead:
View attachment 437488
Postcards and character cards: Zeta doesn't have character cards, but a larger and better image of Mera:kiss: and Mr. Dafoe:cool:
View attachment 437489

Overall...

View attachment 437482
View attachment 437483
View attachment 437484View attachment 437485
View attachment 437486View attachment 437487
View attachment 437488
View attachment 437489

Overall...

tenor.gif

Starting to wish I'd gone for a premium edition of this film...... preferably one with lots of Mera on it. :drool:

Gotta say both Manta and HDZ have done great jobs with their packages. Would be a tough call if I had to pick one.