Aquaman (4K+2D and 3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 24) [Hong Kong]

Level Of Interest

• Will Buy

Votes: 126 67.4%
  • Maybe

Votes: 41 21.9%
  • Absolutely Not

Votes: 20 10.7%

• Total voters

Aniv

Premium Supporter
Jan 6, 2015
Release date: June 21, 2019
Purchase links: Full Slip (4K + BD) - Lenticular (4K + BD) - Double Lenti (3D + BD) - Box Set (Pre-order May 17 at 8 PM, HKT, GMT+8) Check your local timings HERE
Price: $48.99 (Individual editions) - $159.97 (Box Set)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv Box Set - Double Lenti - Single LentI - Full Slip
Notes: One Click 500 sets, Full Slip 500 , Lenti 500, Double Lenti 500 (Total Print Run 3000)

BOX_bd7540db-9bc8-4f7f-9cd5-efa02065c96f.jpgDLS_16639a13-5a5e-472b-bf4c-5f3e090c2523.jpgLS_cc6f58fa-a40e-427a-a0c0-85df82434a48.jpgFS_690ec035-7e5b-4333-8f10-39a51f5f5da0.jpg

Goodies: Slips: Full sized Booklet, Character Cards, Post Cards, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Sticker, Exclusive Lenticular Sticker, Envelope
Effects:
- Full Slip Spot Matte + Spot Glossy + Spot Holofoil + Embossing
- Lenticular Full Slip: Super Clear 3D Lenticular + Spot Matte, Spot Glossy and Embossing
- Lenticular Full Slip: Super Clear 3D Lenticular x 2 + High + Spot Matte + Spot Glossy + Embossing
- One Click Box: Scratch Resistance Coating + Spot Matte, + Spot Glossy + Spot Holofoil + Embossing
- WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Embossed" Title.
aqua_steelbook_front.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Starting to wish I'd gone for a premium edition of this film...... preferably one with lots of Mera on it. :drool:

Gotta say both Manta and HDZ have done great jobs with their packages. Would be a tough call if I had to pick one.
Judging from your first paragraph it is going to be a tough call.

• Haha
Reactions: milky
Judging from your first paragraph it is going to be a tough call.

:rofl:
Like I prefer the front art of the HDZ DL slip, but the Manta one has full Mera on the back, though HDZ has a decent amount of Mera on the back.
But then I think I prefer the Manta Lab steelbook art......

So upon thinking about it...... I need to buy both and put the Manta Lab steelbook in the HDZeta slip. :scat::scat:

@milky be like from this

View attachment 437505

To this with his HDZ and Manta Mera & Aquaman Premiums

View attachment 437508

:D Enjoy those NC17 Lenti’s mate and thanks for the photoshoot shootout between the two :thanks:

Holy mother of Buddha, @willbar84 :OMG: Phoebe:kiss: and Mera:kiss: with your Harley Quinn:kiss: avatar!?!?!? Better take a day off tomorrow:shy:
3UO-dk.gif

Mera, Black Widow, Carol Danvers, Harley Quinn, Scarlett Witch... and so on and so forth.

The real reason I love these superhero films :naughty:
XRSvu.gif

Who has the balls to post pics with poor PQ right after moon's awesome pics?:OMG::emb:

Here're some comparisons between HDzeta(left) and Manta(right) double lentis;)

LentiSlip front: they're both great. like the image of Manta's more, but Zeta's title is crisper than Manta's.
View attachment 437482
LentiSlip back: these I call NC17 lentis, can go McLovin anytime with Mera:drool:
View attachment 437483
Steelbook front & back: both super glossy, Manta's colors and embossed title are great, but I like Zeta's wraparound design more:thumbs:
View attachment 437484View attachment 437485
Steelbook open: both exterior and interior, I prefer Zeta to Manta:whistle:
View attachment 437486View attachment 437487
Booklet front & back: like Manta's design more and it has much more contents, but Zeta's got 7 Meras:hungry: whereas Manta's got only 1 Mera:banghead:
View attachment 437488
Postcards and character cards: Zeta doesn't have character cards, but a larger and better image of Mera:kiss: and Mr. Dafoe:cool:
View attachment 437489

Overall...

I love them both:joy:
Great comparison Milky!

Reactions: milky
Decided to keep my full slip after all... turns out it's now my favourite edition out of the 3 lol. Love the spot glossing on the water droplets/splashes. I somehow also didn't clock that the double lenti uses the same image as the booklet, which has now put me off it... although I suppose the back art kinda makes up for that. :hungry:

Another stunner from Manta anyway! I will say that the bossing on my steel appears to be very weak though, especially on the border... had this happen once before with another one of their releases, but can't remember which. Also, I was lucky to dodge customs since they marked it at $18, rather than $15 as I requested (lately I've been getting hit with fees for anything over that amount). I guess luck was on my side today!

Decided to keep my full slip after all... turns out it's now my favourite edition out of the 3 lol. Love the spot glossing on the water droplets/splashes. I somehow also didn't clock that the double lenti uses the same image as the booklet, which has now put me off it... although I suppose the back art kinda makes up for that. :hungry:

Another stunner from Manta anyway! I will say that the bossing on my steel appears to be very weak though, especially on the border... had this happen once before with another one of their releases, but can't remember which. Also, I was lucky to dodge customs since they marked it at $18, rather than $15 as I requested (lately I've been getting hit with fees for anything over that amount). I guess luck was on my side today!

You usually get hit on $18?

That’s the amount I always request and always goes through. Might need to lower my amount lol

You usually get hit on $18?

That’s the amount I always request and always goes through. Might need to lower my amount lol
Yep... it only really started happening earlier this year, but I've been hit with customs fees from pretty much all the Asian sellers I buy from now (Kimchi, Nova and Manta).

I'm sure I recall this convo popping up in another thread some weeks/months ago too, and most folks seemed to have been having the same experience when anything was marked over $15.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Flloydo
Yep... it only really started happening earlier this year, but I've been hit with customs fees from pretty much all the Asian sellers I buy from now (Kimchi, Nova and Manta).

I'm sure I recall this convo popping up in another thread some weeks/months ago too, and most folks seemed to have been having the same experience when anything was marked over $15.

$18 has always been fine for me. It usually jumps between £14-£14.90 on conversion so it should be ok. $20 is definate no though