Aquaman (4K+2D and 3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 24) [Hong Kong]

Level Of Interest

• Will Buy

Votes: 126 67.4%
  • Maybe

Votes: 41 21.9%
  • Absolutely Not

Votes: 20 10.7%

• Total voters

Aniv

Premium Supporter
Jan 6, 2015
Release date: June 21, 2019
Purchase links: Full Slip (4K + BD) - Lenticular (4K + BD) - Double Lenti (3D + BD) - Box Set (Pre-order May 17 at 8 PM, HKT, GMT+8) Check your local timings HERE
Price: $48.99 (Individual editions) - $159.97 (Box Set)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv Box Set - Double Lenti - Single LentI - Full Slip
Notes: One Click 500 sets, Full Slip 500 , Lenti 500, Double Lenti 500 (Total Print Run 3000)

BOX_bd7540db-9bc8-4f7f-9cd5-efa02065c96f.jpgDLS_16639a13-5a5e-472b-bf4c-5f3e090c2523.jpgLS_cc6f58fa-a40e-427a-a0c0-85df82434a48.jpgFS_690ec035-7e5b-4333-8f10-39a51f5f5da0.jpg

Goodies: Slips: Full sized Booklet, Character Cards, Post Cards, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Sticker, Exclusive Lenticular Sticker, Envelope
Effects:
- Full Slip Spot Matte + Spot Glossy + Spot Holofoil + Embossing
- Lenticular Full Slip: Super Clear 3D Lenticular + Spot Matte, Spot Glossy and Embossing
- Lenticular Full Slip: Super Clear 3D Lenticular x 2 + High + Spot Matte + Spot Glossy + Embossing
- One Click Box: Scratch Resistance Coating + Spot Matte, + Spot Glossy + Spot Holofoil + Embossing
- WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Embossed" Title.
aqua_steelbook_front.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Decided to keep my full slip after all... turns out it's now my favourite edition out of the 3 lol. Love the spot glossing on the water droplets/splashes. I somehow also didn't clock that the double lenti uses the same image as the booklet, which has now put me off it... although I suppose the back art kinda makes up for that. :hungry:

Another stunner from Manta anyway! I will say that the bossing on my steel appears to be very weak though, especially on the border... had this happen once before with another one of their releases, but can't remember which. Also, I was lucky to dodge customs since they marked it at $18, rather than $15 as I requested (lately I've been getting hit with fees for anything over that amount). I guess luck was on my side today!
Glad you like it man! Its a lovely slip!

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Picked up the DL this morning along with the Fantastic Beasts lenti, I’ve got Zeta’s OC coming but this release just looked too good to pass up, plus the movie was one of my favorites of last year and don’t mind double dipping :thanks:

DL secured with Ninja Week Code thanks @Apollon & the staff + admin of HDN

View attachment 437689

I blame @moon and @milky with their recent photoshoots :cautious::LOL: thanks guys for the push :D as my DCEU collection of 1 x HDZ OC + 1 x Manta Single M-O would’ve been unhinged if I didn’t commit to this and can’t argue with more Mera in my life :giggle::drool:
It's all @moon dude. He made me do it. It's all his fault. Blame it all on M, O, O, N, MOON!:offtopic:
2-a-Clockwork-Orange-quotes.gif
:whistle:

Are people still in agreement that Man of Steel is still the nicest Manta has released so far and has the edge?

I get that people like them all but what is you fave and why out of the Manta steels (not slips) ?

• Thanks
Reactions: bobberino and milky
Are people still in agreement that Man of Steel is still the nicest Manta has released so far and has the edge?

I get that people like them all but what is you fave and why out of the Manta steels (not slips) ?
I do, their Man Of Steel and Wonder Woman remain my favourite Manta steels to date (and Kingsman too actually, even though the art got copied later, the pure white gloss/finish is just awesome). MoS seems to be in another league to me still, their first real exclusive and they knocked it out the park first time lol. The Full Slip gets a lot of hate for the holofoil but I don't mind it really. The finish on his suit is amazingly detailed, and steelbook an absolute stunner. I also got the Lenti magnet for that also and kept it sealed, which is also super nice.

Yes I think so too. There's something about that MoS steelbook that is just, dare I say it, perfect!

I was looking at videos of it yesterday (because I... y'know... keep 'em sealed :naughty:) and I don't know a more perfect looking steelbook.
The image used is fantastic and positioned so well without even getting into the finish and colours of it.
Then I went on to think how much of a shame it is that their first release was never a boxset. HDzeta really need to pull a red and blue beauty out of their arse to beat this.
The whole presentation and slips will be nice of course but the steelbook itself, the selling point and purpose as to why we buy these things over other media, needs to be special.
Flat gloss no doubt but i'm intrigued as to what they come up with.

Yes I think so too. There's something about that MoS steelbook that is just, dare I say it, perfect!

I was looking at videos of it yesterday (because I... y'know... keep 'em sealed :naughty:) and I don't know a more perfect looking steelbook.
The image used is fantastic and positioned so well without even getting into the finish and colours of it.
Then I went on to think how much of a shame it is that their first release was never a boxset. HDzeta really need to pull a red and blue beauty out of their arse to beat this.
The whole presentation and slips will be nice of course but the steelbook itself, the selling point and purpose as to why we buy these things over other media, needs to be special.
Flat gloss no doubt but i'm intrigued as to what they come up with.

MOS is their best steelbook and one of the best steelbooks that was ever released.
Top notch steelbook. However, the only thing I don't like about the Manta MOS steelbook is that Superman comes across as standoffish. He is one of the nicest of all super heroes yet there he is looking away from us collectors. If he is looking at a naked Supergirl flying by, ok, maybe I can accept that.

• Haha
Reactions: DMD4k
Has anyone in the USA gotten their OC or Individual release? If so, did it go through San Francisco? I’m a bit worried that it’s been sitting there since 4AM Monday.

Has anyone in the USA gotten their OC or Individual release? If so, did it go through San Francisco? I’m a bit worried that it’s been sitting there since 4AM Monday.
I got my double lenti and full slip today (by way of Chicago customs). It usually only takes a couple of days to clear, but it has taken a week or so on occasion.

Hopefully yours sees some movement soon. :thumbs:

Reactions: Steely-Booked