Aquaman (4K+2D and 3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 24) [Hong Kong]

Level Of Interest

• Will Buy

Votes: 126 67.4%
  • Maybe

Votes: 41 21.9%
  • Absolutely Not

Votes: 20 10.7%

• Total voters

Aniv

Premium Supporter
Jan 6, 2015
Release date: June 21, 2019
Purchase links: Full Slip (4K + BD) - Lenticular (4K + BD) - Double Lenti (3D + BD) - Box Set (Pre-order May 17 at 8 PM, HKT, GMT+8) Check your local timings HERE
Price: $48.99 (Individual editions) - $159.97 (Box Set)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv Box Set - Double Lenti - Single LentI - Full Slip
Notes: One Click 500 sets, Full Slip 500 , Lenti 500, Double Lenti 500 (Total Print Run 3000)

BOX_bd7540db-9bc8-4f7f-9cd5-efa02065c96f.jpgDLS_16639a13-5a5e-472b-bf4c-5f3e090c2523.jpgLS_cc6f58fa-a40e-427a-a0c0-85df82434a48.jpgFS_690ec035-7e5b-4333-8f10-39a51f5f5da0.jpg

Goodies: Slips: Full sized Booklet, Character Cards, Post Cards, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Sticker, Exclusive Lenticular Sticker, Envelope
Effects:
- Full Slip Spot Matte + Spot Glossy + Spot Holofoil + Embossing
- Lenticular Full Slip: Super Clear 3D Lenticular + Spot Matte, Spot Glossy and Embossing
- Lenticular Full Slip: Super Clear 3D Lenticular x 2 + High + Spot Matte + Spot Glossy + Embossing
- One Click Box: Scratch Resistance Coating + Spot Matte, + Spot Glossy + Spot Holofoil + Embossing
- WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Embossed" Title.
aqua_steelbook_front.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Another delivery from the Lab’s and its a stunner oh yeah :joy::drool: and complements my Zeta OC quite nicely. Been awhile since I’ve ordered a Manta Lenti and damn the’ve really raised the bar a notch :cigar: well done Manta Lab :thumbs:

1B7BA082-81BF-4FEB-AA89-F29D25F42BE9.jpeg

CD0F1D2A-03AB-481C-830E-6307480A7D6B.jpeg

:drool:

5B7D6F82-B994-4D0E-9971-338A7EDBA391.jpeg

While the Manta artwork is quite nice, along with being embossed with a metallic base + gloss varnish finish. Personally I still favour the Zeta Steelbook with the high gloss flat finish as it brings out the richness, vibrancy and details of the stunning wraparound artwork in butterfly mode.

CAB2E791-E9B7-495F-A481-8A4FE2AA0B7D.jpeg

Manta Slip Lenti’s vs Zeta Special Pack Loose Lenti Character Cards. This is where Manta stretches out it’s legs and struts it stuff as damn even though Lenti’s are hard to capture with a camera you can really tell the difference between the two (above and below). This is kinda relieving in a way as I was concerned about getting the DL as I already had both artworks in the Special Pack of the Zeta OC but was well worth reinvesting in this artwork again as it’s a sight of beauty. To be noted though Zeta seem to have used a higher quality lenti on their Slips as the front of the 4K Lenti and the Lenti’s on the DL (especially the rear) are very comparable to the Manta Lab DL Lenti’s as there is stuff all between the two Premium Retailers. All in all I’m very happy with both purchases and to keep my M-O of Zeta OC + Single Manta DCEU Premiums alive and well, now bring on Shazam! and let’s also see if Zeta can top that very very near perfect Manta MoS steelbook.

90B6FC47-0A9B-4F23-8160-FC0070679A51.jpeg

Last edited:
Another delivery from the Lab’s and its a stunner oh yeah :joy::drool: and complements my Zeta OC quite nicely. Been awhile since I’ve ordered a Manta Lenti and damn the’ve really raised the bar a notch :cigar: well done Manta Lab :thumbs:

View attachment 439868

View attachment 439870

While the Manta artwork is quite nice, along with being embossed with a metallic base + gloss varnish finish. Personally I still favour the Zeta Steelbook with the high gloss flat finish as it brings out the richness, vibrancy and details of the stunning wraparound artwork in butterfly mode.

View attachment 439873

Manta Slip Lenti’s vs Zeta Special Pack Loose Lenti Character Cards. This is where Manta stretches out it’s legs and struts it stuff as damn even though Lenti’s are hard to capture with a camera you can really tell the difference between the two (above and below). This is kinda relieving in a way as I was concerned about getting the DL as I already had both artworks in the Special Pack of the Zeta OC but was well worth reinvesting in this artwork again as it’s a sight of beauty. To be noted though Zeta seem to have used a higher quality lenti on their Slips as the front of the 4K Lenti and the Lenti’s on the DL (especially the rear) are very comparable to the Manta Lab DL Lenti’s as there is stuff all between the two Premium Retailers. All in all I’m very happy with both purchases and to keep my M-O of Zeta OC + Single Manta DCEU Premiums alive and well, now bring on Shazam! and let’s also see if Zeta can top that very very near perfect Manta MoS steelbook.

View attachment 439879
That VS comparison :thanks::thanks:

Are the two in the last pic true to life? Is the Manta one a bit darker but more defined maybe?

• Thanks
Reactions: willbar84
View attachment 439870

Agreed! Definitely the best image used for the steelbook. :thumbs:

That VS comparison :thanks::thanks:

Are the two in the last pic true to life? Is the Manta one a bit darker but more defined maybe?

Cheers love both steelbooks for their qualities as they complement each other plus it was great to do the Lenti comparison as I’ve always wondered how the Zeta Loose Lenti Character Cards stack up against Slip Lenti’s especially against the high quality of the Manta’s. To answer your question yes that picture is about as true to life as I could capture without enforcing to much artificial light into the picture as it’s quite late here in Australia just past midnight so they came up really well. Also Manta’s is darker that’s correct but that’s a good thing as the lenti is able to hold a higher contrast without the colours starting to wash out with the push of brightness in the image. The Manta Lenti has a higher colour volume and saturation while able to hold hue levels accurately for eg. top left hand corner of the Aquaman comparison there is a strong and vibrant hue of green on the Manta but due to the overall increase in brightness of the image of the Zeta this has blown that richness of the green hue out of the image to a pale dull green.

• Informative
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: milky and DMD4k
I just go this, absolutely glorious steelbook! I don't need the single lenti slip or extras though so if anyone wants that feel free to let me know