Aquaman (4K+2D and 3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 24) [Hong Kong]

Level Of Interest

• Will Buy

Votes: 126 67.4%
  • Maybe

Votes: 41 21.9%
  • Absolutely Not

Votes: 20 10.7%

• Total voters

Aniv

Premium Supporter
Jan 6, 2015
Release date: June 21, 2019
Purchase links: Full Slip (4K + BD) - Lenticular (4K + BD) - Double Lenti (3D + BD) - Box Set (Pre-order May 17 at 8 PM, HKT, GMT+8) Check your local timings HERE
Price: $48.99 (Individual editions) - $159.97 (Box Set)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv Box Set - Double Lenti - Single LentI - Full Slip
Notes: One Click 500 sets, Full Slip 500 , Lenti 500, Double Lenti 500 (Total Print Run 3000)

BOX_bd7540db-9bc8-4f7f-9cd5-efa02065c96f.jpgDLS_16639a13-5a5e-472b-bf4c-5f3e090c2523.jpgLS_cc6f58fa-a40e-427a-a0c0-85df82434a48.jpgFS_690ec035-7e5b-4333-8f10-39a51f5f5da0.jpg

Goodies: Slips: Full sized Booklet, Character Cards, Post Cards, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Sticker, Exclusive Lenticular Sticker, Envelope
Effects:
- Full Slip Spot Matte + Spot Glossy + Spot Holofoil + Embossing
- Lenticular Full Slip: Super Clear 3D Lenticular + Spot Matte, Spot Glossy and Embossing
- Lenticular Full Slip: Super Clear 3D Lenticular x 2 + High + Spot Matte + Spot Glossy + Embossing
- One Click Box: Scratch Resistance Coating + Spot Matte, + Spot Glossy + Spot Holofoil + Embossing
- WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Embossed" Title.
aqua_steelbook_front.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Today I received all three of AQUAMAN from MANTA. He's great!
I liked FULL SLIP most of all.
Have the opportunity to compare with the HDZETA Lenti picture.
1563198648971.png

On HDZETA figure "Aquaman" is a little not sharp, blurry, on the MANTA - sharp and clear. The background of HDZETA is blurred, and the MANTA is much clearer.
The depth is about the same about both. Fish, sharks and the rest are also similar.
Summary: MANTA absolute winner of this lenticular picture (and of course steelbook winner for me - here and so everything is clear for a long time was).
Thanks MANTA!!!

Welp got my OC (50ish..which is way lower than expected, though I don’t know if that really means anything) and the single Lenti (750ish). Also got my Zavvi Antman and wasp, but I was supposed to get 2 copies ($5.00 off order over 50 bucks)...so I guess I need to contact zavvi on that one. Lenti looks good to me (both actually). Packing was excellent on both Manta shipments (I ordered separately to save on shipping).

Today I received all three of AQUAMAN from MANTA. He's great!
I liked FULL SLIP most of all.
Have the opportunity to compare with the HDZETA Lenti picture.
View attachment 438091
On HDZETA figure "Aquaman" is a little not sharp, blurry, on the MANTA - sharp and clear. The background of HDZETA is blurred, and the MANTA is much clearer.
The depth is about the same about both. Fish, sharks and the rest are also similar.
Summary: MANTA absolute winner of this lenticular picture (and of course steelbook winner for me - here and so everything is clear for a long time was).
Thanks MANTA!!!
I must be in the minority or my computer is different than yours.The HDZETA slip is way more colorful and way more contrast.Simply look at the title and you will see how much clearer and sharper HDZETA's slip is.The rest is the same with Aquaman.
You can't even make out the DC logo in the Manta.I have no preference since I'm combining both releases as a hybrid.Making the most of Amber Heard using the hybrid.BTW, you don't even have HDZETA's slip properly aligned as you can see ghosting.So it must really be sharp if it would've been aligned completely.

I must be in the minority or my computer is different than yours.The HDZETA slip is way more colorful and way more contrast.Simply look at the title and you will see how much clearer and sharper HDZETA's slip is.The rest is the same with Aquaman.
You can't even make out the DC logo in the Manta.I have no preference since I'm combining both releases as a hybrid.Making the most of Amber Heard using the hybrid.BTW, you don't even have HDZETA's slip properly aligned as you can see ghosting.So it must really be sharp if it would've been aligned completely.

I tried taking a picture, and it just doesn't look good when you do that. There's a ton of Depth to the manta Lenti. It looks sharp to me, but I have nothing to compare it to, so take that with a grain of salt. When i take a picture, it starts lookign pixelated. I think that's because it's a lenticular, because I can clearly seen the vertical lines. Those are not particularly noticeable with the naked eye.

Welp got my OC (50ish..which is way lower than expected, though I don’t know if that really means anything) and the single Lenti (750ish). Also got my Zavvi Antman and wasp, but I was supposed to get 2 copies ($5.00 off order over 50 bucks)...so I guess I need to contact zavvi on that one. Lenti looks good to me (both actually). Packing was excellent on both Manta shipments (I ordered separately to save on shipping).
AFAIK Zavvi ship items individually so it's not uncommon for steelbooks in the same order to be delivered on different days, the other copy probably will arrive soon.

Reactions: Steely-Booked
AFAIK Zavvi ship items individually so it's not uncommon for steelbooks in the same order to be delivered on different days, the other copy probably will arrive soon.
I have bought a sinfully large amount of steelbooks from Zavvi over the years and I have never received 2 or more steelbooks in the same package on multi-steel orders. It almost seems like they love doing extra work by sending them out one at a time. God bless their hearts.

I wasn't trying to get a perfect photo and posted a photo just to make it clear that I was comparing. Make photo of LENTI is very difficult and often useless. I wrote a comparison as it might be useful to someone.
You can just believe me - MANTA is much clearer. Color saturation is different - and this does not mean that someone is better in this indicator. I like the colors without oversaturation - like Manta.

• Thanks
Reactions: milky and Shark