Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - WB Shop - HMV
Price: £29.99
Notes: Previous HMV Exclusive

81u5AJhAjJL._SX466_.jpg
81ROQCPDQPL._SX466_.jpg81zDjsRw1XL._SX522_.jpg12064016-2054657459225614.jpg
01-526450.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: cyan harvest
Wonder what will happen to purehmv points. Had more than 50£ worth of points saved up:offtopic::offtopic::offtopic:

I managed to cash mine in on Friday morning once I heard the news and they turned the pure website off in the afternoon, I also had some vouchers from Xmas so needed to spend them all on a couple of new steels and some 4Ks to be on the safe side of not losing out again.

Note
All pre order items on HMV website is now listed as sold out or not available

HMV not taking any pre orders at the moment

Only in stock items can be ordered on-line

I expect pre orders will not be fulfilled unless KPMG find a solution to save HMV from closing

If you are going to have a store and want it to survive in an environment that competes with online, you need to make the store an 'experience' that shoppers will want to choose over online. I don't think I have ever received customer service in HMV, ever. Ie they don't ask you if you need any help, don't greet you, don't thank you when you leave ha they just talk when you get to the till.
I completely agree with your first statement but the problem with the second statement is that sometimes, we just want to browse the entire store and find things on our own. We dont want to be bothered with greetings and "how can I help you?" questions every time we visit. And if every employee goes around the store doing that (because realistically they'd have to train every employee that way, not just one) and it can get annoying pretty fast. So that is something to be considered.

When we had HMV here, I've visited many of them and I've had different experience based on the location I visited. Some were very friendly and offer you help, and some staff will not even bother to walk around the store. So there is that...

Reactions: levi
I completely agree with your first statement but the problem with the second statement is that sometimes, we just want to browse the entire store and find things on our own. We dont want to be bothered with greetings and "how can I help you?" questions every time we visit. And if every employee goes around the store doing that (because realistically they'd have to train every employee that way, not just one) and it can get annoying pretty fast. So that is something to be considered.

When we had HMV here, I've visited many of them and I've had different experience based on the location I visited. Some were very friendly and offer you help, and some staff will not even bother to walk around the store. So there is that...

I for one would much rather be left alone. If I require assistance I will ask for it. I hate the whole Dixon’s/Curry/ Carphone Warehouse thing where they pounce on you the moment you walk through the door. Greasy little f-whits with too much pomade in their hair, overly tight suits and winklepicker shoes. The moment you have a problem or refund, that’s another matter. They cannot get away from you fast enough. It’s like you trod in dog sh1t or something. Obviously paid on commission.

Reactions: AlienKing and levi
Title changed back to HMV exclusive?

there still in business under the adminstrators but which studio is going to ever release stock to company about to go under IF not bought up and safe?

i hope some one does save them but if it does not happen this may end up going somewhere else yet.

if anyone looked at this below which is where paul boland copied and pasted from gives you the idea

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/2018/12/hmv-goes-into-administration---your-rights-/

the important bit
Online orders will be honoured 'where there is stock available'

basil :thumbs:

I work round the corner to a HMV (the store I previously worked in) and I always do store collection even with my pre orders. I only have Halloween, overlord, venom and spidey on pre order but all for collection so it will be interesting to see if my store is still open when they are released if they will be honering pre orders

I definitely agree that pushy sales advisers have the affect of making want to flee a store as fast as possible... I'm just saying for a struggling company, you would think they would be more proactive with customer service... Helping the customers they do get in the store to make a purchase.

I think customer service is good when you actually want and need it, the interaction is genuine and its helpful. Bad customer service is when you can tell its just something they are obligated to do or not really helpful.

Reactions: AlienKing
I like HMV stores and I do hope they continue. I always pop in whenever I am in town for other things even if I don't plan on buying anything from there, just on the off chance that there is something that will catch my eye i.e. an overpriced Pop Vinyl that isn't available cheaper in Forbidden Planet or sold out online. As I mentioned before too, it's always nice to be able to look at the steelbooks for damage before buying and can be replaced there and then if any exist beneath the card.

That being said, I can cope without HMV stores if they remain online only. It will just be a pain to keep sending back if damage does exist, but no doubt easier than Zavvi lol. Never had a damaged HMV steelbook yet though.

The service HMV offers in store is actually quite good when you approach and ask them yourself. I don't think staff have ever approached me to assist, but then I'm in that group where I like to find things myself and if I want help then i'll go ask.
Most of the time I know what I want and where to find it, otherwise it's just browsing.

I hope we get to receive Aquaman though, and if not hopefully the artwork pops up elsewhere in the future i.e. Amazon EU sites. Perhaps we'll never get to know what art it will be now.

I want to say that my 2 local HMV stores (originally 3 but one closed down before the last issue) have always been excellent with customer service. You get greeted (as long as it’s not mobbed and they have the staff to say hello) and bye in the same situation (this was for years before I even knew the staff) and always helped or asked if I needed help (again before I worked there - nowadays they tend to leave me to get on but if I need help I’ll just ask like if they have X in stock)

I was the same when working there in helping out customers look for sh!t and even recommended stuff. I remember one guy looking for some hip hop and I recommend something else of the back of that and he purchased it all, he came back in like 10 days later to say thanks and he was a fan. I also noticed 90% of the staff (and I’ve actually worked in 2 of my local stores, 1 for small amount of time the other for longer) were actually passionate about film/ music/ game/ tech etc for whatever section they were put on. When I had my interview I was asked what’s my forte as well as what’s my secondary back up etc. But you have to remember some people like in any customer based job are sociable, good with people/ complaints and CS etc and are employed on that level so their knowledge might not be as good as other employees

The only people that were usually bothered about being approached in shops are usually hungover, looking to steal, moody as **** lol or socially awkward. But a simple “I’m ok thanks, just browsing” is not offensive and takes 2 seconds to say it. It’s works the other way and just as annoying when a customer is rude to a employee just for asking if they need help (but then everyone who works in a shop also knows not everyone likes to be approached so it can be stressful both ways). Then again, the ones that need the help or can’t find something are equally thankful

I love HMV. Always have. Which is why I’ve always wanted to work there be it a month or 5 years but Unfortunately their prices have always been a bit cappy unless In a sale. Will be a shame to see them go as this was their last shot But I can see them being just a online retailer.

Other bonus was you can take online orders in store for a replacement and if they do stay online it’s a shame they don’t offer exchanges. Can only send back for a refund. you need to purchase again if you receive a faulty or damaged item

Last edited:
Not the last time I tried, they wouldn't! Even when I showed them the email advising me that I could. Was about 18 months ago, I think.

Oh shiz. That’s odd. They are supposed to

Oh shiz. That’s odd. They are supposed to

It's at the stores discretion. HMV online is a separate entity from the stores and the official line is...

Can I return an item from your website to one of your stores?
Items bought from store.hmv.com can only be returned to our warehouse; online orders are unable to be refunded at any hmv store. Should you wish to obtain a refund, we ask that you return the item via the above returns process.

I for one would much rather be left alone. If I require assistance I will ask for it. I hate the whole Dixon’s/Curry/ Carphone Warehouse thing where they pounce on you the moment you walk through the door. Greasy little f-whits with too much pomade in their hair, overly tight suits and winklepicker shoes. The moment you have a problem or refund, that’s another matter. They cannot get away from you fast enough. It’s like you trod in dog sh1t or something. Obviously paid on commission.
You went through some bad customer service huh?
I'm not saying customers should be avoided completely. I'm just saying they should be aware of the difference and tread carefully. Find some sort of middle ground, you know?

I definitely agree that pushy sales advisers have the affect of making want to flee a store as fast as possible... I'm just saying for a struggling company, you would think they would be more proactive with customer service... Helping the customers they do get in the store to make a purchase.

I think customer service is good when you actually want and need it, the interaction is genuine and its helpful. Bad customer service is when you can tell its just something they are obligated to do or not really helpful.
Of course, agreed. Like I said above, they should spend some time to think about the customer service and find some middle ground. We just dont want either of the extremes.

See this today (aswell as spidey verse) and tbh it was pretty poor. Visuals are great but apart from my mouth watering over amber heard and the same for my mate but with Jason it was just average.

Things that wound me up

The song choices from pitbull onwards just did not fit one bit. the Surprise explosions everytime a intimate scene was happening and a villain would bust through a wall was purely overkill. Just kept happening. And the manta guy was just pointless. Along with that final scene

Did have some good moments, battles and like I said the visuals and was entertaining in places but that’s just not enough. Will most likely buy a manta premium to add to the DC collection but that will be about it

Another thing hmv do if you buy in store, is put pricing stickers over the products own stickers. I actually consider these stickers to be part of the product, but when they put stickers on top of stickers, they are often irreversibly damaged when removing them.

Somebody needs to tell hmv to stop this practice.