Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - WB Shop - HMV
Price: £29.99
Notes: Previous HMV Exclusive

81u5AJhAjJL._SX466_.jpg
81ROQCPDQPL._SX466_.jpg81zDjsRw1XL._SX522_.jpg12064016-2054657459225614.jpg
01-526450.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: cyan harvest
Received mine yesterday and must say quite dissapointed with it!
I agree. I cancelled the UK version, very basic looking. Will pick it up cheaper further down the line (yes these will be off loaded on ebay cheaper in months to come)

There are that many Aquaman steels I think this one is the worst design.

Received mine yesterday and must say quite dissapointed with it!
I agree. I cancelled the UK version, very basic looking. Will pick it up cheaper further down the line (yes these will be off loaded on ebay cheaper in months to come)

There are that many Aquaman steels I think this one is the worst design.

Is it because of the steelbook finish?

As does every UK retailer so singling out Zavvi seems unwarranted.

The truth is, it'll still sell so who is to blame? Us, the consumer.

It's us (well not me, as I refuse to buy 4K at this price) - if people stopped paying these prices, they may come down, but as they seem to be happy to, then there isn't much chance of the retailers dropping their prices.

It's pointless laying blame on anybody for pricing. The economy is the economy, end of. If everybody on HDN refused to buy it then it would still sell and be bought by others. It's not consumers fault for buying an item they are happy to pay the price of. That's basically saying "Because of you I have to pay more for this steelbook because you keep wanting to buy it".
People live within their means so if that's the case maybe it's your fault for not getting a better job and earning more money to be able to afford the prices?
The consumer will always buy if affordable, the retailer will always sell to make as much as reasonable on the prices that are set. The economy is what it is.

• Thanks
Reactions: Hereticz
Just got mine in from entertainment store on eBay. It’s an okay one. Not the best, but it could have been much better!! I wish it could have been pure gloss, that way the colours would have popped out a lot more (my camera isn’t the best, so it doesn’t show the finish well). Oh well, I ordered the Target Exclusive Lenticular Digibook, as well as the FNAC steelbook with the 3D and 4K discs which hopefully is better, so I could maybe sell this one off.

Here’s some pics:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

It's pointless laying blame on anybody for pricing. The economy is the economy, end of. If everybody on HDN refused to buy it then it would still sell and be bought by others. It's not consumers fault for buying an item they are happy to pay the price of. That's basically saying "Because of you I have to pay more for this steelbook because you keep wanting to buy it".
People live within their means so if that's the case maybe it's your fault for not getting a better job and earning more money to be able to afford the prices?
The consumer will always buy if affordable, the retailer will always sell to make as much as reasonable on the prices that are set. The economy is what it is.

Nothing to do with the economy; 4K is overpriced when compared to DVD and blu-ray IMO. If you think £25 for 4K amaray and £30 for 4K steelbook is reasonable, then good for you.

And by the way, I can quite afford these prices thank you, but doesn't mean I should pay them!!!!