Price: £29.99
Notes: Previous HMV Exclusive

81u5AJhAjJL._SX466_.jpg
81ROQCPDQPL._SX466_.jpg81zDjsRw1XL._SX522_.jpg12064016-2054657459225614.jpg
01-526450.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: cyan harvest
^ This - No 3D = no purchase indeed :thumbs:

I'm seeing this on Sunday - going to source it elsewhere even be patient for HDZ/Manta to have my money on their offerings...:whistle:

• Thanks
Reactions: bradipolpo and Stuc
well just got back in from the cinema and its bloody superb best dc film so far and even go as far as saying its giving marvel a run for it money:D

@cooey you heard any ideas if blufans want to cover this? (really really needs to happen)

basil :thumbs:

Blufans don’t do DC ;)

• Thanks
Reactions: Basil
Kinda worrying this... Usually they include a 3D disc within the steel book along with a 4K disc, blu ray etc, depending on the studio. The fact that more 4K releases tend to come out as a steel book over 3D releases will be upsetting for some of us collectors… HMV have done a 3D steel book with every modern DC film as far as I remember. Similar thing with the latest Fantastic Beasts film, and you can only get that as an import from Amazon.de, and that release has foreign text all over it.

This will prob be like the other dc films as of last few years and just be Aquaman symbol on the front no? Wouldn’t mind that tbh will match

Kinda worrying this... Usually they include a 3D disc within the steel book along with a 4K disc, blu ray etc, depending on the studio. The fact that more 4K releases tend to come out as a steel book over 3D releases will be upsetting for some of us collectors… HMV have done a 3D steel book with every modern DC film as far as I remember. Similar thing with the latest Fantastic Beasts film, and you can only get that as an import from Amazon.de, and that release has foreign text all over it.

You can get Fantastic Beasts 3D steelboom from Film Arena.

They are my go to site for picking up 3D, as ordered Venom 3D from there as well.

Postage is quite expensive, so worth trying to order a few items together to keep postage down.

I'm hoping the get both this and Into The Spider Verse in a 3D steelbook.

Reactions: moviemania1973
No 3D = no purchase

i love 3d but you do realise this is starting now to be controlled by the cinema chains?
i usually go 19 miles to my nearest imax to watch in 3d and last film i went up there too fantastic beasts they had advertising up for 3d imax but the actual film was 2d just on an imax screen when i questioned it they said odeon where dropping alot of the 3d in imax, yet they still had normal 3d showings if i wanted.(odeon)

point being this if the cinemas are dropping 3d in alot of imax films (in the uk) as i was told, the biggest format e.g. i honest think 3d writing is now on the wall.
if cinemas go down the road of this same as tv manufacturers 3d will be gone on the biggest screens 2 years fully and 3d not too far behind.
bear in mind we have 4k and 8k coming along. unfourtnetly we wont get a choice be the same as vhs and betamax all over again.

saw this yesterday btw it was superb if you havent seen on cinema screen you need too:D

Reactions: willbar84
i love 3d but you do realise this is starting now to be controlled by the cinema chains?
i usually go 19 miles to my nearest imax to watch in 3d and last film i went up there too fantastic beasts they had advertising up for 3d imax but the actual film was 2d just on an imax screen when i questioned it they said odeon where dropping alot of the 3d in imax, yet they still had normal 3d showings if i wanted.(odeon)

point being this if the cinemas are dropping 3d in alot of imax films (in the uk) as i was told, the biggest format e.g. i honest think 3d writing is now on the wall.
if cinemas go down the road of this same as tv manufacturers 3d will be gone on the biggest screens 2 years fully and 3d not too far behind.
bear in mind we have 4k and 8k coming along. unfourtnetly we wont get a choice be the same as vhs and betamax all over again.

saw this yesterday btw it was superb if you havent seen on cinema screen you need too:D

It was announced in the US and Canada about a year ago (awhile ago anyway) that IMAX was going to stop showing movies in 3D.
I don't know if that's happened yet. I don't pay attention to IMAX or 3D screenings.

@Basil
Just did a search and found this article from July 2017.

https://qz.com/1039936/imax-says-no-too-the-reign-of-3d-movies-is-over-in-us-cinemas/

EDIT: Basically the article is saying that while movie box office continues to grow, 3D box office continues to shrink.
Also, that the reason that movies are still being released in 3D is for China.

"Asia Pacific has by far the highest share of 3D screens of any region in the world. And Chinese moviegoers, in particular, have shown an affinity for 3D movies. The increasingly influential market gravitates toward the kind of over-the-top, computer-generated popcorn flicks that play well in three dimensions."

78% of all digital film screens in Asia are in 3D.

Last edited: