Last edited by a moderator:

CleverLoginName

Premium Supporter
Feb 16, 2016
GER
Reactions
5,827 8 0
@wxlinkswd
Would you please be so kind and respond to my PM? I'm still waiting for an answer (and, needless to say, the replacement)...

CleverLoginName

Premium Supporter
Feb 16, 2016
GER
Reactions
5,827 8 0
Thanks @wxlinkswd for sending a mint replacement steelbook and (lenti) slip:

01.jpg

:thumbs:
I guess I'll fix the full slip myself. The damage wasn't too bad.

Dec 28, 2013
Reactions
112 0 0
This is still in stock at HDZeta site right? can someone reassure me that buying from the site is safe? Never heard of payease and crome flags it as unsafe (or is it chrome being overzealous?)

Ranavalone

You have to be tough in Finland
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Apr 21, 2013
Finland
Reactions
4,247 2 0
This is still in stock at HDZeta site right? can someone reassure me that buying from the site is safe? Never heard of payease and crome flags it as unsafe (or is it chrome being overzealous?)
I'm not aware of any security issues with Payease site itself.

The problem is that Payease are using a (Symantec issued) security certificate that is no longer trusted by Chrome (and Firefox).

That means that if you use Chrome (or Firefox) to make a purchase from the HDzeta store, the connection between your browser and Payease site is not encrypted. It means that any text you enter, e.g., credit card details, can potentially be read by third parties who are able to monitor the traffic.

This situation will not change when using Chrome and Firefox until Payease gets a new security certificate and based on information received from Payease by HDzeta, it's not going to happen until Payease's current certificate expires (April 8, 2019).

At least MS Internet Explorer (and presumably Edge) accepts Payease's certificate and will establish a secure connection.

Bloomberg's overview of Payease:
PayEase (Beijing) Technology Ltd. provides Internet-based payment related services. The company offers research and provision of Internet-based data, products, services, and technology system for electronic payments. The company was founded in 2005 and is based in Beijing, China. PayEase (Beijing) Technology Ltd. operates as a subsidiary of PayEase, Inc.

Dec 28, 2013
Reactions
112 0 0

The problem is that Payease are using a (Symantec issued) security certificate that is no longer trusted by Chrome (and Firefox).

That means that if you use Chrome (or Firefox) to make a purchase from the HDzeta store, the connection between your browser and Payease site is not encrypted. It means that any text you enter, e.g., credit card details, can potentially be read by third parties who are able to monitor the traffic.

This situation will not change when using Chrome and Firefox until Payease gets a new security certificate and based on information received from Payease by HDzeta, it's not going to happen until Payease's current certificate expires (April 8, 2019).

At least MS Internet Explorer (and presumably Edge) accepts Payease's certificate and will establish a secure connection.

Cheers @Ranavalone very helpful I did as suggested and did the transaction through Edge and sure enough it was crittographed so all is well thank you once more for your help most kind!

hatredhorror

Premium Supporter
Feb 26, 2013
Germany
Reactions
3,048 1 0

does it really mean its not encrypted? in my understanding it is encrypted only that the browser doesnt "guarantee for"/"verify" the encryption

Ranavalone

You have to be tough in Finland
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Apr 21, 2013
Finland
Reactions
4,247 2 0
does it really mean its not encrypted? in my understanding it is encrypted only that the browser doesnt "guarantee for"/"verify" the encryption
It does. When the browser is not using HTTPS protocol, because it's not accepting the remote site's security certificate, the traffic is not encrypted.