Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
2.50 star(s) Rating: 2.50/5 2 Votes
Title: Untitled Matthew Vaughn Thriller

Genre: Thriller

Director: Matthew Vaughn

Cast: Bryce Dallas Howard, Sam Rockwell, Samuel L. Jackson

Release: 2024-02-02

Plot: A reclusive author who writes espionage novels about a secret agent and a global spy syndicate realizes the plot of the new book she's writing starts to mirror real-world events, in real time.

Early reviews are largely negative… not really surprised. I mean, what the he’ll is with Henry’s hair? Who thought that was a good idea?!

Bad Hair Day Style GIF by BeataTe Hair Salon

amnesia

let's be more careful in our posts from three years ago people! i mean really!!!
That's the plot summary provided by TMDB and was therefore automatically applied to the OP, so that's on them I'm afraid.

Will edit it now.

Reactions: Inb4LoKi
Split this one into two 1 hour :10 minutes movies, and the first half was really great, left the rest for the next day thinking it's going to be one of the best movies of this year... But the second half deteriorated quickly with dumb twists and bad special effects, making a fighting, kicking, jumping and flying around bad-ass out of Dallas Howard's big ass. I'm sorry, but she got relatively fat to believably pull off this role, and that was the last straw, it was really required to hold together the convoluted crazy story.
So I'm left really sad, such potential ruined by excessive fakeness, bloodless fights, and bad screenplay.
All the actors are good though, glad to see Samuel L. Jackson and Sofia Boutella especially, but they're not given anything to do here, really. Wasted talent on all fronts.

Best thing in it is this new retro disco song:

Yeah, this was atrocious. Shame Vaughn has fell off recently... The King's Man was also just as bad.