Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
3.38 star(s) Rating: 3.38/5 8 Votes
Title: Army of the Dead

Genre: Horror, Action

Director: Zack Snyder

Cast: Dave Bautista, Ella Purnell, Theo Rossi, Huma Qureshi, Ana de la Reguera

Release: 2020-12-31

Plot: During a zombie outbreak in Las Vegas, a man assembles a group of mercenaries to take the ultimate gamble: venturing into the quarantined zone to pull off the greatest heist ever attempted.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw
From Bloody Disgusting;

Before he joined the DC Universe, Zack Snyder directed the James Gunn-pennedDawn of the Dead back in 2004, widely considered by many horror fans (yours truly included) to be one of the best horror remakes of all time. In the wake of Dawn, Snyder had been attached to direct another zombie film titled Army of the Dead, but it never materialized at the time.
We bring this up because THR reports tonight that Snyder is finally directing Army of the Dead, which is no longer set up at Warner Bros. but rather Netflix!

The site notes, “The movie will commence shooting this summer with a sizable budget that could reach the $90 million range, say sources.”

There are no handcuffs on me at all with this one,” Snyder told THR tonight. “It will be the most kick-ass, self-aware — but not in a wink-to-the-camera way — balls-to-the-wall zombie freakshow that anyone has ever seen.”

Snyder will direct and also produce through his Stone Quarry, alongside his wife Deborah. Snyder came up with the movie’s story, but it was penned by Joby Harold.

@tridon
“The adventure is set amid a zombie outbreak in Las Vegas, during which a man assembles a group of mercenaries to take the ultimate gamble, venturing into the quarantined zone to pull off the greatest heist ever attempted.”

A ZOMBIE HEIST FILM!? DIRECTED BY SNYDER!? :OMG:
Count me in! haha

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
@tridon
“The adventure is set amid a zombie outbreak in Las Vegas, during which a man assembles a group of mercenaries to take the ultimate gamble, venturing into the quarantined zone to pull off the greatest heist ever attempted.”

A ZOMBIE HEIST FILM!? DIRECTED BY SNYDER!? :OMG:
Count me in! haha

Dammmmn! That sounds awesome! :D

(Why does this have to be Netflix-owned, though? I'll want it on Blu-ray.)

Dammmmn! That sounds awesome! :D

(Why does this have to be Netflix-owned, though? I'll want it on Blu-ray.)

We have gotten Netflix TV series on Blu-ray before... But I don't think they have ever release any of their original films tho.
There has never been any that were big enough hits to warrant it. So there is a chance if there is demand i guess?

• Thanks
We have gotten Netflix TV series on Blu-ray before... But I don't think they have ever release any of their original films tho.
There has never been any that were big enough hits to warrant it. So there is a chance if there is demand i guess?

It's all depends who owns the distribution rights. When Netflix has 100% ownership, it never appears on physical media. With things like the Marvel shows and House of Cards and The Cloverfield Paradox, the studios still owned distribution rights, so they were allowed to do so after the shows appeared on Netflix for one year. The only true Netflix exclusive to appear on physical media is Stranger Things. I'll cross my fingers, but when Bright and all those Adam Sandler movies haven't received physical releases, I doubt this or Bird Box or any Mike Flanagan film/show will ever see a physical release. :(

Reactions: kaw
@tridon Yeah, I guess I understand why they wouldn't. They want people to subscribe to Netflix and that it is the ONLY place to get their content.
Releasing it on physical media goes against their mission statement.

@tridon Yeah, I guess I understand why they wouldn't. They want people to subscribe to Netflix and that it is the ONLY place to get their content.
Releasing it on physical media goes against their mission statement.

Yeah, I guess... but they would certainly make a killing if they followed the Limited Run Games model and released a limited run of 2000 copies on their website a year after the streaming release date. Hell, charge $30-$40... collectors would eat it up. Downside to that is that scalpers will eat it up, too.

Bah, I'm never gonna win, am I? :cautious:

Yeah, I guess... but they would certainly make a killing if they followed the Limited Run Games model and released a limited run of 2000 copies on their website a year after the streaming release date. Hell, charge $30-$40... collectors would eat it up. Downside to that is that scalpers will eat it up, too.

Bah, I'm never gonna win, am I? :cautious:

Haha Nope.

I know I would love to buy a few of the Netflix films. SO i hope they do release some down the line.

• Thanks
But I don't think they have ever release any of their original films tho.
I own an anime film on Bluray that's a Netflix original, so I guess there is hope?
But yea, I'm so down for this project! Snyder films best viewed on the big screen.

oxQ8UA3J7HypMctGb6kzhYAzcBT.jpg

Joining Dave Bautista (Guardians of the Galaxy) will be Ella Purnell (Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children), Ana De La Reguera (“Everything, Everything,” “Goliath”), Theo Rossi (“Luke Cage,” “Sons of Anarchy”) and Huma Qureshi (“Kaala,” “Viceroy’s House,” “Gangs of Wasseypur,” “Badlapur”)

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database