Arnold Schwarzenegger Book Signing London (15/10/12)

cheaney

Premium Supporter
Jan 8, 2012
UK
The one and only made a visit to london this morning to sign his new book Total Recall. One of my good friends matt (cooey) posted on here last month for help in getting this book signed while Arnie was doing his signing in LA, I asked my friends out there but they were unable to help.

On Friday night Matt sends me a message saying that Arnie is in london on monday morning siging his book at Waterstone's in Piccadilly Circus at 10:30.

He was totally gutted as he wasn't able to get time off work no matter how much begging he did to his boss. I've never know such a die hard Arnie fan so wanted to help out. The signing was going to be very popular and he was only signing ONE book. so I brought 2 Hard back copies in hope that this might change.

I finished work at 11pm on sunday night, got home and was in bed at midnight. Alarm went off at 2:30 was in my car at 3 and parking it at work (Heathrow Airport) Now at this time of the morning there isn't much public transport apart from night buses. It was intresting how many people are awake at this time. Anyway 77 stops later on the bus (over an hour) I got into the Q at 5AM as planned so was happy, there were about 50 people in front of me so I knew I was going to see him. Oh I failed to mention it was very cold 2-3C. I got talking to the lads around me and one guy entertained us with his Arnie impressions, he was quite good really. Although hearing "it's not a tumor" over and over again got boring pretty quick.

At around 9am we were given wristbands and taken upstairs, into the warmth :oohyeah:

Arnie turned up 20 minutes late so the staff and security pushed us through very quickly, if you blinked you missed him, but then there were a lot of people wanting to meet one of the biggest stars of the big screen, so can't complain, sadly I wasn't able to get the 2nd book signed so as promissed this book goes to Matt. Here are some of the pics from the event.

I've chosen not to post a pic of Arnie's signature, I'll let Matt do that if he wishes.
Arrive at 5AM
5amf.jpg

Getting Brighter
gettingbrighter.jpg

He Arrives
hearrives.jpg

Promo Shots
promoshots.jpg

Signing
signingb.jpg

signing1.jpg

Signing Matt's Book
signingbook.png

At least he looked at me :D
lookintomyeyes.png
Yes he's looking old but then he's no doubt jet lagged from all the touring

Hope you enjoyed the pics

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats!!! Must have been a really joyfull moment!!!! :happygrin:

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    242.6 KB · Views: 229
Chris

I've met a lot of celebs over the years but none a A list as Arnie, and the fact that you went to help Cooey out makes you even more of a legend mate

Now go get some sleep for god sake!

Chris, I know I've told you over the phone but THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I owe you big time mate!!!!!

Still so annoyed I couldn't be there myself..... my boss wondered why I wanted to punch him yesterday ;)

Still, I'll be at the side of the red carpet the next time Arnie comes over for a premier (hopefully in January for The Last Stand)