Assassin's Creed Megathread (Includes #1 and #2)

Jan 29, 2009
Assassin's Creed is a video game developed by Ubisoft Montreal and published by Ubisoft. It was released worldwide in November 2007 on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 video game consoles.[1] Alongside the standard retail version, a limited collector's edition was released in North America for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. The European limited edition contains the game and a 2-inch (51 mm) Altaïr figure in addition to an art book and a DVD containing several short films. The North American PC version was released on April 8, 2008.

800px-Assassins_creed_assasination.jpg

Last edited:
Ubisoft has just tweeted what we've all been waiting for: the release date of the first promised bit of DLC for Assassin's Creed 2, "Battle of Forli." The add-on will be out next Thursday, January 28, for a meager sum of 320 / $3.99 on Xbox Live and PSN. We say "meager" because, well, Ubisoft could totally get away with charging us more. We very much liked that Assassin's Creed 2 game, but shh, don't tell them that! We wouldn't want to give them any ideas for pricing the "Bonfire of Vanities" DLC next month!

The "Battle of Forli" has players defending the Forli base against the attacking Orsi brothers. Ezio enlists the aid of Machiavelli and Caterina Sforza in this task across the segment of six new playable memories.

January 28th people! :oohyeah:

This Week's Assassin's Creed 2 DLC Won't Have New Trophies

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but we got word form Ubisoft this morning, specifically UK Community Manager Korina Abbott, that the Assassin's Creed 2 DLC will not come with new trophies... well, the one this week anyway.

They may change their mind for the second piece (we doubt it), but don't expect trophies for The Battle of Forli (out on Thursday, 28th).

In Ubisoft's fiscal year 2009-10 Q3 conference call earlier today, the developing and publishing giant revealed that their blockbuster title Assassins Creed II to sold 'close to' eight million copies by the end of December.

The game was released back in November last year for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 and received critical acclaim from all around the world.

A third instalment of the series is currently in development, and will feature a multiplayer mode.

connectedconsoles.com/ps3-Assassins-Creed-II-Sold-Close-To-8-Million-Units-By-End-Of-December.cfm

I just opened up this game last night and started playing. I went through a few of the objectives etc. Does it start to get better? Right now it just seems like I'm running back and forth across the city and beating up a few guys every once in a while. Seems a little boring at this stage. Is this all I can expect from the game?

Assassin's Creed 2 2nd DLC Feburary 18th

ac2bov001post.jpg

The second of two promised Assassin's Creed 2 DLC add-ons is set to release on February 18 on Xbox Live and PSN, a recent Ubisoft press release reads. On top of a release date, Ubisoft has offered two new screens and some details on Bonfire of the Vanities (AKA Sequence 13), which will be comprised of ten memories following Ezio's attempt to aid Machiavelli in freeing Florence from the influence of one Savonarola. It's up to Ezio to target key citizens under Savonarola's control and attempt to win them over through diplomatic discourse, including meetings over tea and the occasional quilt party. Oh, wait -- sorry, we had that wrong. He kills them. All.

Assassin's Creed 2 To Get Secret Templar Locations Tomorrow As Well

As well as Bonfire of the Vanities touching down tomorrow, Ubi just tweeted that you'll also be able to get your hands on "3 Templar Secret Locations."

The three locations coming tomorrow are: Pallazo Medici, Santa Maria del Frari and Arsenal Shipyard.

Whilst Bonfire of Vanities can be purchased alone for 3.99 Euros, these three locations can be added to the package for an extra 3 Euros.

No word on what they are or whether you can buy them separately, just know there's more DLC coming tomorrow.

Okay, thought I'd give an update after I played this for a little bit. I spent about 8 or 9 hours playing this yesterday, which I rarely do.

The game is definitely good. I was a little bored the first hour I played about a week or two ago. Things picked up quite a bit after that though. Very fun and interesting game. Good story line. Reminds me a little bit of Uncharted.

I can see why a lot of people had this as one of their favorites for 2009.

How long does it take to finish this game? I've been playing for quite awhile. Maybe I'm wasting time on those useless side missions, who knows. I just wanna crush those K.T. dudes so I can move on to Heavy Rain.