Assassin's Creed Megathread (Includes #1 and #2)

Jan 29, 2009
Assassin's Creed is a video game developed by Ubisoft Montreal and published by Ubisoft. It was released worldwide in November 2007 on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 video game consoles.[1] Alongside the standard retail version, a limited collector's edition was released in North America for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. The European limited edition contains the game and a 2-inch (51 mm) Altaïr figure in addition to an art book and a DVD containing several short films. The North American PC version was released on April 8, 2008.

800px-Assassins_creed_assasination.jpg

Last edited:
RUMOR - FROM HIPHOPGAMER, NOT REAL TILL CONFIRMED

The staff at the HipHopGamerShow has learned some new information about the upcoming title, Assassin’s Creed 2. The game which hopes to improve on the success of the first game has some very important new gameplay features. These details were revealed to the HipHopGamer site from a member of a quality consumer survey done recently for the title. These sources are backed up by information HipHopGamer himself has learned about the game at past events.

So where is the game taking place?

The setting is one thing about Assassin’s Creed 2 that gamers are very curious about. Well we can tell you that the game takes place during the Italian Renaissance in cities like Sicily and Venice. You will play in the game as a player named “Ezio”, and other multiple characters. It is not confirmed whether you will play as these new characters only in the animus, or also in the real world.

Now some of the major new gameplay features…

Many complained about the first game being repetitive, and the team at Ubisoft hopes to change that with some new gameplay features. One of these new features will be the ability for players to swim. This could provide some new interesting levels and missions in cities like Venice. There is also the ability for the assassin to stab and attack enemies from the roof or while they are lying in the hay.

Another new feature will be that when gamers attend events such as “balls”, players will be able to wear masks to fit in amongst the crowd. The demo that our source played said that he was able to disguise as a dancer in the ball and very smoothly take out his enemy without anybody knowing it.

Not only this, but there will no longer be cinematics in the game. Instead they will be moving towards more quick-time event cut scenes in the game. This is to keep the gamer engaged in the crucial gameplay/story moments. This is a great step to keep the gameplay more engaging than it was in the past game.

This game is shaping up to be a highly anticipated 2009 title…

While the first game was fun and had some good ideas going for it, it was far from perfect. There were some repetitive moments, and lack of exciting gameplay features. Hopefully with an exciting setting, improved battle mechanics, the ability to swim, and improved stealth mechanics this game will live up to the hype gamers put on the first one. Stay tuned to the HipHopGamer site for more details on this exciting new game.

I enjoyed the first one, it was a bit repetitive, but I liked it! I enjoyed throwing enemies from atop of the rooftops over the edge! :)

I watched my roommate play it on xbox, and it was the most annoying game ever... every 5 seconds the damn beeping would go off, that and it was the same thing over and over, so I couldn't bear myself to buy it maybe 2 will fix it all.

assassinscreed2mainch.jpg

You are looking at the main character of Assassin's Creed 2. According to our tipster, this image was discovered on the official Ubisoft forums before it was taken down. The high-resolution render is definitely authentic, and the character possesses more than a little resemblance to Altair from the first game. Looks like gray hoodies are always in fashion, regardless of the era.

Other rumored details have supposedly been leaked in early copies of the next Game Informer. ScrewAttack says the main character is Ezio Auditore de Firenze, a nobleman of Florence from 1476. Ezio is yet another genetic predecessor of Desmond's (y'know, the annoying guy that doesn't kill people?). You'll supposedly be able to swim and access a gliding machine at DaVinci's workshop. And most excitingly of all, you'll play through more mission types. Word of that alone makes us eagerly anticipate our next issue of GI. (Check out the cover, after the break.)

[Thanks, Darknessbear!]

Source: Joystiq.com

assassinsgicover2580.jpg

I liked the first game a lot, didn't really have much to complain other than the framerate sometimes dropping. I enjoyed it quite a bit. I hope this next game fixes the issues the first had, so far they are adding stuff that should have been in the first

We already know most of the details, but today Ubisoft officially announced Assassin's Creed 2, due out this holiday on all "current-generation platforms."

In Assassin's Creed II gamers will take on the role of Ezio, a privileged young noble in Renaissance Italy who's been betrayed by the rival ruling families of Italy, in a quest for vengeance.

The press release promises a game set in an open world environment with more variety in missions,new gameplay elements, diverse weapons and character progression. The game has already been in development for more than two years by the original creative team behind the original title, Ubisoft says.

"Our creative team is working hard to top the experience of Assassin's Creed," said Patrice Desilets, creative director at Ubisoft. "We've made improvements to every aspect of the game. We've plunged ourselves into the stunning history of the Italian Renaissance so that we can offer fans a unique, varied and innovative Assassin's Creed experience."

Source: Kotaku

Gamestop executive David W. Carlson has revealed what we've got to look forward to in the run-up to Christmas.

Carlson revealed that we can expect Tekken 6 and Bioshock 2 to arrive in October.

He then went on to reveal that Assassins Creed will be released in November, "Then going into November with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, Assassin’s Creed 2, and we believe there’s a couple of Nintendo titles coming that have not been announced"

All looking good with a strong 2009 line-up!

One of the few highlights of Ubisoft's E3 press conference was an extended look at Assassin's Creed 2's cinematics. That and the game's release date.

The game will be out on November 17, late enough to be fresh in everyone's mind come "GOTY" awards, early enough to still sell a few million come Christmas time.