paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: July 29, 2019
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Second Sight - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £21.99 (Amazon - Zavvi) - £25.00 (Second Sight) - £26.99 (HMV)
Notes: Region B Locked

91AtE12EGyL._SY445_.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Grendel
ASYLUM

Limited Edition Contents
• Rigid Slipcase Featuring New Artwork by Graham Humphreys
• 40 page booklet with new essays by Allan Bryce, Jon Towlson and Kat Ellinger

Special Features
• Audio Commentary with Director Roy Ward Baker and Camera Operator Neil Binney
• ‘Two’s a Company’: 1972 On-set BBC report featuring interviews with Producer Milton Subotsky, Director Roy Ward Baker, Actors Charlotte Rampling, James Villiers, Megs Jenkins, Art Director Tony Curtis and Production Manager Teresa Bolland
• Screenwriter David J. Schow on Writer Robert Bloch
• Fiona Subotsky Remembers Milton Subotsky
• Inside The Fear Factory Featurette with Directors Roy Ward Baker, Freddie Francis and Producer Max J. Rosenberg
• Theatrical Trailer

Second Sight Films UK
New online store
https://secondsightfilms.co.uk/

Note there looks to be an issue trying to pay with debit/credit cards at checkout
Using PayPal works ok with Credit Cards

Welcome to the new Second Sight Films Online Shop
Here you can buy titles across our whole catalogue direct from us, including Pre-Ordering our new releases as they are announced. Our Amicus titles – The House That Dripped Blood and Asylum, plus Limited Editions of Flight of the Navigator and In Bruges are available to pre-order, as well as the Standard Edition of When a Stranger Calls / When a Stranger Calls Back, and the forthcoming Romance Blu-ray.

In our Limited Edition section you may find some of our popular but out of print titles available as we’ve cleared the warehouse to bring you the very last of some really great editions that haven’t been available for a while.

When you buy direct from us, you’re supporting an independent UK company that’s always striving to bring you great movies on Blu-ray, DVD and digital, with fantastic packaging and the best transfers, restorations, bonus materials and additional content we can deliver.

Orders over £50 ship free in the UK, and USA and EU shipping is free for orders over £100.
Asylum
£25.00
https://secondsightfilms.co.uk/collections/latest-releases/products/asylum

The restoration of this release will be from same film negative source severin usa used for their release

Second Sight will be doing their own restoration and encoding so it will be lot better than severin release in terms of video quality

My problem with severin is that a lot of the time they do no restoration which puts me off potential titles. A good example. They did a lovely Amicus films box set let down by zero restoration work on the films. So you were getting flickers and speaks popping up every few seconds or minutes. Very very irritating.... Shame as their heart is in the right place but they need to spend that extra money to complete with Arrow and the other vanity labels.

My problem with severin is that a lot of the time they do no restoration which puts me off potential titles. A good example. They did a lovely Amicus films box set let down by zero restoration work on the films. So you were getting flickers and speaks popping up every few seconds or minutes. Very very irritating.... Shame as their heart is in the right place but they need to spend that extra money to complete with Arrow and the other vanity labels.
Second Sight are doing their own restoration so this release will be lot better than severin release

Same with House that dripped blood they are using scan that scream factory used
Second sight are doing their own restoration so this again will be even better than scream release

The Severin box set was not cheap, so I think I'll wait to hear comparisons before grabbing this.
A great show at least! :)
My purchase of The House That Dripped Blood was a cheap amaray though, so will no doubt grab the SS copy.

The Severin box set was not cheap, so I think I'll wait to hear comparisons before grabbing this.
A great show at least! :)
My purchase of The House That Dripped Blood was a cheap amaray though, so will no doubt grab the SS copy.
Second Sight Limited Editions sell out quickly some a few days after release date and some before release date

Best to put a pre order in as you might miss out if you wait for review or comparison after release date

Second sight films are doing their own remastering and encoding
They not using severin remastering

Same film negative source is been used but that's where the comparisons ends between severin and second sight release

Second Sight release Video/Audio will be lot better than severin release

• Thanks
Reactions: Grendel
Looking forward to these two releases. Always had a great fondness for The House that Dripped Blood, a vastly underrated film. I hope we get From Beyond the Grave in my view the best analogy film ever made after Dead of Night....

Reactions: paulboland
Looking forward to these two releases. Always had a great fondness for The House that Dripped Blood, a vastly underrated film. I hope we get From Beyond the Grave in my view the best analogy film ever made after Dead of Night....
Yeah agreed, been looking forward to these for a while! And glad to say, they are looking REALLY NIIIICE!