Atomic Blonde (4K and Blu-ray SteelBooks) (The Blu Collection) (KimchiDVD Exclusive No. 69) [Korea]

Would you be interested in purchasing a one click if the option was there?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: August 30 September 28, 2018
Purchase links: Full Slip - Lenti - Full Slip 4K - One Click (Pre-order from June 25 at 2 PM till July 1 - Korea Time) - Check your local timing HERE
Price: $37.99 (Lenti or Full Slip) - $53.99 (4K Full Slip) - $129 (One Click - 300 copies)
Group buy: Hosted by cooey Lenti - Full Slip - Full Slip 4K - One Click

Notes: WEA steelbook. KimchiDVD exclusive numbering card and sticker will be attached only on KimchiDVD website. One click carton box is limited to KimchiDVD only, limited to 300 sets.

35474329_2305437396350131_8007378241721466880_o.jpg35477877_2305437376350133_5435625406256381952_o.jpg35526957_2305437409683463_8444873458852036608_o.jpg
84A689C8-E5A5-4C43-AEBB-A610DF33F0EB.jpeg

Last edited:
Isn’t it possible that all these retailers would tell us the steelbook finish before we pre-order? Not so crazy with steelbook finish one bit...

What bothers me is they spent so much time doing those excellent packagings (UV coating, debossed, embossed, holofoil, you name it...) but seemed didn’t spend much time with the steelbook at all...

Last edited:
You'd think so wouldn't you.... Love me some matte premiums :wtf::wtf::wtf:

To be honest I would have liked to see Kimchi answer directly to the admins here at least, or a direct post! This sold, whether direct or GB on the basis of it's finish, to turn around at the very last minute and show images which we wouldn't have ordered is beyond a slap in the face! Won't be buying from Kimchi up front again! and the fact they have ignored all comments on this shows just how much they couldn't care less. They LIED about a product, took orders then changed to cut THEIR costs! Anyone who accepts this blatant change is basically telling Kimchi they can do as they please and at the last minute after stealing your money change to something else! They should release this as full gloss or refund people!

• Haha
Reactions: tommyh84
@psychoscot considering you feel so strongly about this I presume you’ll be sending yours back a refund?

As for Kimchi saying it would be gloss then changing their mind, when have they ever said it would be gloss?

• Thanks
Reactions: tommyh84
This is The Blu Collection folks, Tony would have had very little input into the final product, he just makes up some numbering cards and a Kimchidvd sticker for his "exclusive" stock.

I´m very disappointed by the finish as well, the steelbook is so dull (n). But the 4K slip is growing on me more and more and probably keep that one over the the other two. And I´m seriously thinking about my first custom-gloss steelbook....

I´m very disappointed by the finish as well, the steelbook is so dull (n). But the 4K slip is growing on me more and more and probably keep that one over the the other two. And I´m seriously thinking about my first custom-gloss steelbook....
My friend has had a couple of his matte steels lacquered by a car painter. The result is less than reassuring:meh:

@psychoscot considering you feel so strongly about this I presume you’ll be sending yours back a refund?

As for Kimchi saying it would be gloss then changing their mind, when have they ever said it would be gloss?
never saw anything posted about being gloss. Just assumptions made by people on here i think. Miss opportunity though iMO

This is The Blu Collection folks, Tony would have had very little input into the final product, he just makes up some numbering cards and a Kimchidvd sticker for his "exclusive" stock.

I was thinking this but I actually think Tony has some input. Hacksaw ridge is the same.

If pans labyrinth turns out matte, that’s 4 blu collection (hell or high water, atomic blonde and wind river) and hacksaw ridge which is not blu collection. I seriously think this needs to be fed back to him but the only problem is he don’t listen to customers. Needs to be a GB host or someone with some authority in that sense who can talk to him and he don’t act like a child back

But then again, Cooey has fed back the skinny slip and booklet issue countless times and it’s never changed. Looks like all kimchi exclusives are gona be matte

• Thanks
Reactions: goufcustom
I was thinking this but I actually think Tony has some input. Hacksaw ridge is the same.

If pans labyrinth turns out matte, that’s 4 blu collection (hell or high water, atomic blonde and wind river) and hacksaw ridge which is not blu collection. I seriously think this needs to be fed back to him but the only problem is he don’t listen to customers. Needs to be a GB host or someone with some authority in that sense who can talk to him and he don’t act like a child back

But then again, Cooey has fed back the skinny slip and booklet issue countless times and it’s never changed. Looks like all kimchi exclusives are gona be matte
Not surprised actually. After Hacksaw Ridge being flat and matte it looks like premiums are even going the boring standard finish now.

Filmarena seem to be the best with steel finishes of late with Blufans having the best artwork.

But ALL premium retailers have their faults now, overpriced Filmarena, lack of embossing from Blufans, lack of finish from Kimchi, no bossing whatsoever from HDZeta, ( and info on their products ) I could go on but I won’t.

It just seems the quality aspect of steelbooks are now not in the forefront of these retailers minds anymore, expecting higher prices for lower standards. It’s a real shame to be honest, it’s been a long time since I’ve had a steelbook where I’ve actually said, Jesus that’s a good steelbook.

I’ve only bought one standard steelbook this year and that was Blade. It’s got good art, a bit of bossing and sub par finish to it. 2 years ago that would of been gloss with blade himself embossed, but it seems somewhere down the line something gets cut and the steelbooks never as good as it could of been.

Don’t know if it’s possible but with HDN being very prominent in the steelbook promotion side of things, would it not be possible to get an interview with someone from Scanvo to give us all more of an insight into the manufacturing of these, process etc? Just as an FYI really because quality wasn’t a huge problem in the past ( damage issues to one side )and I have sneaky suspicion that Scanvo are charging retailers considerably more than they used to in regards to finishes, hence the crap finishes of late.