HDN Group Buy Hosted By: Naughtius Maximus

1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

justboy

Experiment 626
Premium Supporter
Feb 21, 2013
Edinburgh - UK
Easy pass. This is a really poor adapation filled with some awful acting.

I saw this at an film fest last year, full of fans of the anime. the audience were openly mocking & laughing at it as it was so bad.

• Informative
Reactions: K.i.T

Obi Wan Dandobi

The dude abides!
Premium Supporter
May 15, 2015
I'm not a big anime fan and haven't watched much since being a teenager (except for Ghibli) but watched this with my daughter who's into it and really enjoyed it. Would be interested in this but nearly £50 for the set is a no go for me.

Reactions: Flloydo and harry

Raimi

Stupidity is contagious
Premium Supporter
Jun 10, 2013
Slovenia
Mixed feelings. Loved the anime, not-so-loved the movie (not seen Pt2 yet).
Maybe after the price drop, if not sold out.

AlienKing

The Matrix has you...
Premium Supporter
May 15, 2014
Ontario, Kanada
Mixed feelings. Loved the anime, not-so-loved the movie (not seen Pt2 yet).
Maybe after the price drop, if not sold out.

I'm an anime fan, but I havent watched the anime or the movie yet, but the steelbook looks awesome.
Please don't even waste your time. I wish I can un-see these movies.
Poor adaptation, and even worse as standalone films.

@TheCollector86 I strongly recommend watching the anime. One of the best in recent years :thumbs:

Flloydo

Contributor™
Premium Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
The Moon
Interesting choice, not seen the film and although it don't look the best I'd still give them a go

But the price puts me off both so I'll wait for drops. Bound to happen

• Informative
Reactions: K.i.T
Sep 20, 2011
Germany
The original Manga is great, the Anime is great, but this live action adaptaion is just horrible. I`m a Fan of Attack on Titan but this is really bad trash :wtf: I`m happy that I know the movies already so it is very easy not to buy these Steelbooks, because it would be a real waste of money.

ChrisIW

Premium Supporter
Sep 27, 2012
UK, on a parallel Earth
I know nothing about the anime series, but I thought the trailer for this looked epic. Is it because it doesn't stay faithful to the anime that people don't like this, or is it simply a bad film anyway?

I was expecting a cross between Pacific Rim and Final Fantasy, but perhaps I'm way off. As I say I know nothing about this series.

Reactions: Ricker

AlienKing

The Matrix has you...
Premium Supporter
May 15, 2014
Ontario, Kanada
I know nothing about the anime series, but I thought the trailer for this looked epic. Is it because it doesn't stay faithful to the anime that people don't like this, or is it simply a bad film anyway?

I was expecting a cross between Pacific Rim and Final Fantasy, but perhaps I'm way off. As I say I know nothing about this series.
Waaay off :LOL:

Give the anime a watch. It's epic. If you're not hooked by the end of episode 5, then it's not your cup of tea.