splax23

Premium Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
The D
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 2 Votes
Title: Avatar 2

Genre: Action, Adventure, Science Fiction

Director: James Cameron

Cast: Kate Winslet, Zoe Saldana, Sam Worthington, Sigourney Weaver, Oona Chaplin, Stephen Lang, Cliff Curtis, Giovanni Ribisi, CCH Pounder, Joel David Moore, Matt Gerald, Trinity Bliss, Britain Dalton, Jamie Flatters, Jack Champion, Filip Geljo, Duane Evans Jr., Bailey Bass, Chloe Coleman, Jemaine Clement

Release: 2021-12-15

Plot: A sequel to Avatar (2009).

James Cameron has brought an update on the upcoming Avatar sequels, revealing that instead of the previously-reported three movies, there will now be four sequels!

The first of the Avatar sequels is slated to arrive December of 2018, with the second to follow in 2020, the third in 2022, and the final one in 2023.
@bloodsnake007

• Helpful Post
Reactions: bloodsnake007
View attachment 233538

James Cameron has brought an update on the upcoming Avatar sequels, revealing that instead of the previously-reported three movies, there will now be four sequels!

The first of the Avatar sequels is slated to arrive December of 2018, with the second to follow in 2020, the third in 2022, and the final one in 2023.
It keeps changing... I'll start believing when the 2nd comes out...

• Helpful Post
Well there's 4 movies I wont be seeing. I really didn't like Avatar 1 at all, so I wont be sitting through the sequels that's for sure. I bet the release dates will change again...or several times before release....if they actually get released at all.

Reactions: C.C. 95
View attachment 233538

It keeps changing... I'll start believing when the 2nd comes out...
@kaw and @Drum18 4 sequels?! :OMG: :banghead: I loved the 1st one... but this is overkill! :confused: James Cameron should really release part 2 before making plans for more films! :squint:
Thanks for the tag @PunkNinja :thumbs:

Avatar's still not Disney though. Makes me wonder if they plan to buy the movie rights from 20th Century Fox.
They can BUY 20th Century Fox when the studio goes bankrupt because of the Avatar sequels.
I'm not being funny. This is what is going to happen.
Make 4 sequels when no one is even asking for one? 20th Century Fox is Titanic- FOR REAL.
Watch the horror.

@elle82 @AlienKing @Drum18 It's about fu**ing time! :mad: :banghead:

Avatar Sequels Begin Motion Capture in August
Source: ComingSoon.net
Ever since the first Avatar film took the world by storm in 2009, the sequel talk has been in full swing, but now it seems the actors will finally get involved for the multiple pictures that have already been announced. Speaking with The Daily Beast, director James Cameron confirmed the Avatar sequels scripts are in place and the actors will be assembling later this year to begin the motion-capture part of production.

“The thing is, my focus isn’t on Avatar 2. My focus is on Avatar 2, 3, 4, and 5 equally. That’s exactly how I’m approaching it. They’ve all been developed equally. I’ve just finished the script to Avatar 5. I’m now starting the process of active prep. I’ll be working with the actors in the capture volume in August, so I’m booked in production every day between now and then. Our volume is up and running, and everything is designed, and so we’re going full-guns right now. I feel like I’ve been let out of jail, because I’ve been in the writing cave for the last two years. I’m actually enjoying life. I don’t enjoy writing. I wouldn’t wish writing on a dog.”

What are the chances of FIVE of these actually getting made? They should have just done a sequel first to see if people are still interested.
I have a feeling the interest in Avatar has died down a fair bit.

• Thanks
  • Thanks
Such a shame that Cameron has wasted so much time on these unnecessary sequels when he could have been focusing on making better/original ideas... the first Avatar was more than enough for me and I've no interest in revisiting that world. He used to be one of my favourite directors, but I feel his talent is being wasted here.

• Helpful Post