splax23

Premium Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
The D
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 2 Votes
Title: Avatar 2

Genre: Action, Adventure, Science Fiction

Director: James Cameron

Cast: Kate Winslet, Zoe Saldana, Sam Worthington, Sigourney Weaver, Oona Chaplin, Stephen Lang, Cliff Curtis, Giovanni Ribisi, CCH Pounder, Joel David Moore, Matt Gerald, Trinity Bliss, Britain Dalton, Jamie Flatters, Jack Champion, Filip Geljo, Duane Evans Jr., Bailey Bass, Chloe Coleman, Jemaine Clement

Release: 2021-12-15

Plot: A sequel to Avatar (2009).

"The system involves actual lasers: “60,000 lumens to provide bright images at incredibly high frame rates.”
Pointing multiple lasers at people's eyeballs at 60,000 lumens sounds completely safe.....
:cautious:
laser+eyes.+belongs+to+who+ever+drfew+it+not+mine_751bca_4166040.gif

Kate Winslet Cast In Avatar Sequels
Kate-Winslet-in-Avatar.jpg

Source: ScreenRant
According to Deadline, Winslet has been cast as a character referred to as Ronal. The report did not state if this individual is one of the human characters or a Na’vi – though Winslet has the chops to pull off either.

Cameron had this to say about the development:
“Kate and I have been looking for something to do together for 20 years, since our collaboration on Titanic, which was one of the most rewarding of my career. I can’t wait to see her bring the character of Ronal to life.”

New cast members from the upcoming Avatar sequels got a hands-on lesson on what it’s like to live in the movie’s mythical world of Pandora. The seven recently announced actors got the ultimate VIP tour of Pandora – The World of Avatar hosted by AVATAR film producer Jon Landau.

As we shared yesterday, a Pandora Conservation Initiative (PCI) scientist recently tested out a new, high-tech Utility Suit that will soon be used to greet Pandora’s tourists on a daily basis. This amazing Utility Suit, which will be piloted by a scientist in the land, was created in partnership between Lightstorm Entertainment, Disney Parks Live Entertainment, Michael Curry Studios and Walt Disney Imagineering.

The titles have been revealed... Avatar: The Way of Water, Avatar: The Seed Bearer, Avatar: The Tulkun Rider and Avatar: The Quest for Eywa

Reactions: bloodsnake007
The titles have been revealed... Avatar: The Way of Water, Avatar: The Seed Bearer, Avatar: The Tulkun Rider and Avatar: The Quest for Eywa
Interesting titles. At this point, I think 4 films are overkill. Would've been happy with a trilogy right away. Then release parts 4 and 5 much later. But oh well, I'm sure James Cameron will WOW us again ;) I know I'll be watching these in the theaters and owning the multiple bluray editions! :D

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Michelle Yeoh to Play Scientist in James Cameron’s ‘Avatar’ Sequels
Source: Collider
star-trek-discovery-michelle-yeoh-600x412.jpg

Yeoh will play a scientist named Dr. Karina Mogue in multiple sequels to the highest-grossing film of all time. “Michelle has always created unique and memorable characters. I look forward to working with her to do the same thing on the Avatar sequels,” tweeted Cameron.

The four Avatar sequels were just hit by a major delay!

From ComingSoon:

Avatar sequel release dates pushed back multiple years by Disney!
Those waiting for James Cameron’s upcoming Avatar sequel saga are going to have to wait a bit longer than previously anticipated. Walt Disney Pictures just announced that the first sequel Avatar 2 has been pushed back a full year from December 18, 2020 to December 17, 2021. Avatar 3 has been pushed back two years December 17, 2021 to December 22, 2023. Avatar 4 will open two years after that on December 19, 2025 (originally December 20, 2024) and Avatar 5 will drop on December 17, 2027 (originally December 19, 2025).

Cameron had already revealed the caveat that they won’t make 4 and 5 if 2 and 3 aren’t successful. Whether all these date changes are being made to accommodate additional work on the films from the famously meticulous and budget-busting Cameron, or to allow room for other Disney films is not yet clear. Stay tuned for more info as it comes!

Returning for 20th Century Fox and Lightstorm Entertainment‘s Avatar sequels are Sam Worthington, Zoe Saldana, Joel David Moore, Dileep Rao, Stephen Lang, Matt Gerald and Sigourney Weaver. Kate Winslet, Cliff Curtis, Oona Chaplin and Michelle Yeoh are also joining the sequels. Cameron explained that Stephen Lang’s Colonel Miles Quaritch is coming back for all four sequels and will be the main villain throughout the story. Filming officially started on Avatar 2 and Avatar 3 on September 25, 2017.

Shortly after, James Cameron announced young cast members for the sequel, which include the Sully family and children from the Metkayina Na’vi clan who live near ocean reefs, led by Tonowari (Cliff Curtis). The only actor who will appear in live-action playing a non-CGI character is Jack Champion as Javier “Spider” Socorro, a human teen born at the Hell’s Gate military complex seen in the first film.

Released in 2009, the first Avatar film remains the highest-grossing film worldwide with over $2.7 billion in box office grosses. Titanic was previously the record holder with $2.186 billion worldwide.

The four Avatar sequels were just hit by a major delay!

From ComingSoon:

Avatar sequel release dates pushed back multiple years by Disney!
Those waiting for James Cameron’s upcoming Avatar sequel saga are going to have to wait a bit longer than previously anticipated. Walt Disney Pictures just announced that the first sequel Avatar 2 has been pushed back a full year from December 18, 2020 to December 17, 2021. Avatar 3 has been pushed back two years December 17, 2021 to December 22, 2023. Avatar 4 will open two years after that on December 19, 2025 (originally December 20, 2024) and Avatar 5 will drop on December 17, 2027 (originally December 19, 2025).

Cameron had already revealed the caveat that they won’t make 4 and 5 if 2 and 3 aren’t successful. Whether all these date changes are being made to accommodate additional work on the films from the famously meticulous and budget-busting Cameron, or to allow room for other Disney films is not yet clear. Stay tuned for more info as it comes!

Returning for 20th Century Fox and Lightstorm Entertainment‘s Avatar sequels are Sam Worthington, Zoe Saldana, Joel David Moore, Dileep Rao, Stephen Lang, Matt Gerald and Sigourney Weaver. Kate Winslet, Cliff Curtis, Oona Chaplin and Michelle Yeoh are also joining the sequels. Cameron explained that Stephen Lang’s Colonel Miles Quaritch is coming back for all four sequels and will be the main villain throughout the story. Filming officially started on Avatar 2 and Avatar 3 on September 25, 2017.

Shortly after, James Cameron announced young cast members for the sequel, which include the Sully family and children from the Metkayina Na’vi clan who live near ocean reefs, led by Tonowari (Cliff Curtis). The only actor who will appear in live-action playing a non-CGI character is Jack Champion as Javier “Spider” Socorro, a human teen born at the Hell’s Gate military complex seen in the first film.

Released in 2009, the first Avatar film remains the highest-grossing film worldwide with over $2.7 billion in box office grosses. Titanic was previously the record holder with $2.186 billion worldwide.

I had a feeling that these were going to be hit by a major delay once Disney bought Fox. They're pooling all their money into the MCU, Disney+, and their live-action adaptations. They weren't budgeting for these movies.

And I don't want to be negative, but here's hoping James Cameron is still alive by 2027. The guy is already 64.

• Thanks
I had a feeling that these were going to be hit by a major delay once Disney bought Fox. They're pooling all their money into the MCU, Disney+, and their live-action adaptations. They weren't budgeting for these movies.

And I don't want to be negative, but here's hoping James Cameron is still alive by 2027. The guy is already 64.
That's my major annoyance with all of this... they're holding Cameron up and stopping him from making other movies, which I'd much prefer over unnecessary Avatar sequels that nobody really asked for. By the time we know it, he'll either have retired or passed away :(

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
When the first Avatar movie was getting pushed back again.. again… and again… we all understood it was because of the technology…

now… it's all about $$$ and I don't think it's a good reason...

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon and Noodles
I would call this the Disney cold shoulder. Sad state of affairs when one Studio is pretty much all of Hollywood. Hopefully WB stay right away from round table meetings whenever Disney execs crash the party.