splax23

Premium Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
The D
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 2 Votes
Title: Avatar 2

Genre: Action, Adventure, Science Fiction

Director: James Cameron

Cast: Kate Winslet, Zoe Saldana, Sam Worthington, Sigourney Weaver, Oona Chaplin, Stephen Lang, Cliff Curtis, Giovanni Ribisi, CCH Pounder, Joel David Moore, Matt Gerald, Trinity Bliss, Britain Dalton, Jamie Flatters, Jack Champion, Filip Geljo, Duane Evans Jr., Bailey Bass, Chloe Coleman, Jemaine Clement

Release: 2021-12-15

Plot: A sequel to Avatar (2009).

Has this been mentioned here :

timespirits-avatar.jpeg

Avatar seems to "borrow" heavily from Timespirits Marvel comic ...

I sure hope he sets the world on fire with all these Avatars cause he sure did wait long enough! Long enough that some of his other movies never saw a blu-ray release until a new disc tech came out. (4k blu-ray)

Reactions: bloodsnake007
I putting my money these are going the same way as T:dark fate. 4 films announced ? People are going to have colic (is that right word to use ?).

I putting my money these are going the same way as T:dark fate. 4 films announced ? People are going to have colic (is that right word to use ?).
I have a feeling Mr. Cameron will turn into the smiley emoji that has dollar signs on the eyeballs when his first one drops. I'm suspecting the 3d will be insane.

interesting note: I recently found out that there is this tech that is more like hologram and 3d combined in that its like 3d on steroids and its been used in intros and stuff. Thus im bout positive its what IMAX uses fro the 10 second countdown intro (if any of you have seen that) its crazy insane feels like its right in front of your face wayyyyy better then just the 3d movies I then see next etc. It would be insane if Cameron did an entire movie like that, that would be next level ish .... tho i think my brain might explode if that was ever done lol.

@C.C. 95 tagging the gif master in case he feels the need to doctor something up. lol

• Thanks
Reactions: Space Cadet
I have a feeling Mr. Cameron will turn into the smiley emoji that has dollar signs on the eyeballs when his first one drops. I'm suspecting the 3d will be insane.

interesting note: I recently found out that there is this tech that is more like hologram and 3d combined in that its like 3d on steroids and its been used in intros and stuff. Thus im bout positive its what IMAX uses fro the 10 second countdown intro (if any of you have seen that) its crazy insane feels like its right in front of your face wayyyyy better then just the 3d movies I then see next etc. It would be insane if Cameron did an entire movie like that, that would be next level ish .... tho i think my brain might explode if that was ever done lol.

@C.C. 95 tagging the gif master in case he feels the need to doctor something up. lol
893BFB70-C7D8-43DD-9A9F-B17D3546B821.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Wreck
From CES 2020 in Las Vegas (full article on Variety):
James Cameron touched down in Las Vegas to provide a first look at concept art for his forthcoming “Avatar 2” sequel, which isn’t due out until late 2021.
The director showed off the images from Pandora’s future world at Daimler’s keynote Monday night at the 2020 CES, where the automaker presented its own far-out concept: a Mercedes-Benz inspired by the world of “Avatar” developed in collaboration with Cameron, billed as “a completely new interaction between human, machine and nature.”

concept art from the long-in-development sequels has been officially released along with the message that fans "won’t just return to Pandora - you’ll explore new parts of the world."
01.jpg02.jpg03.jpg04.jpg

‘Avatar 2’: Jon Landau Posts Instagram Set Photo, Says Movie “Headed Back To New Zealand Next Week”

Oscar winning Titanic producer Jon Landau showed off a photo on Instagram from the Avatar 2 set with a special message:

“Our #Avatar sets are ready — and we couldn’t be more excited to be headed back to New Zealand next week. Check out the Matador, a high speed forward command vessel (bottom) and the Picador jetboat (top) — can’t wait to share more,” said the producer. All of this is major news, with Avatar arguably the first major studio film to return to production since all shoots closed down in mid-March out of safety from the coronavirus pandemic.

Deadline was the first to tell you that New Zealand’s government endorsed their health and safety protocols post COVID-19, allowing film and TV production to resume. This is a huge plus for any Hollywood productions, such as Avatar 2, shooting over there as U.S. productions have largely been shut down around the world for some time.

20th Studios’ Avatar 2 will be released by Disney on Dec. 17, 2021.

via Deadline

the rest of James Cameron’s life and immense talent will taken up with this stupid stuff.
think of all the James Cameron movies we have been deprived of because of this Blue nightmare.
By the time he dies, he will have made nothing but Avatar for 30 years.
85A404BF-32EA-4D46-97FF-88751E7AE033.jpeg

@Space Cadet - you’re right.
if Cameron has misjudged the demand for these - it could be Heaven’s Gate 2.0.
Well that wouldn't be so bad since Heaven's Gate is an incredible film. I'd rather have a great film being a flop than a **** movie being a big hit (like it has been a lot of times in the last few years)