splax23

Premium Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
The D
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 2 Votes
Title: Avatar 2

Genre: Action, Adventure, Science Fiction

Director: James Cameron

Cast: Kate Winslet, Zoe Saldana, Sam Worthington, Sigourney Weaver, Oona Chaplin, Stephen Lang, Cliff Curtis, Giovanni Ribisi, CCH Pounder, Joel David Moore, Matt Gerald, Trinity Bliss, Britain Dalton, Jamie Flatters, Jack Champion, Filip Geljo, Duane Evans Jr., Bailey Bass, Chloe Coleman, Jemaine Clement

Release: 2021-12-15

Plot: A sequel to Avatar (2009).

really? is there any links?

Call Me Joe (1957) is a science fiction story by Poul Anderson. It is the story of an attempt to explore the surface of the planet Jupiter using remotely controlled artificial life-forms. It focuses on the feelings of the disabled man who operates the artificial body.

There are a few more such as a book by Alan Dean Foster called Sentenced To Prism.

Interesting...he also ripped off the story from Dances with Wolves and The Last Samurai.

I haven't seen it yet, so I have no facts. I just know I read it was a rip-off. I didn't hear the comparison to those two movies...

Saw the film in 3D at IMAX

While the 3D was nifty, it did not add or take away anything overall. At some points it was annoying to have the glasses on my face at all... Did add depth in some scenes like with the fiery ashes falling down.

The movie itself was surprisingly interesting - I really thought I was going to just be amused with graphics, but came away thinking it was a good story. I question the PG13 rating. "Back in the day" PG13 didn't get away with more than damn and b*tch... here god damn, sh*t, b*tch are profusely used in this movie, not to mention a clear sex scene between two fictional characters while the female is prominently displaying nipples under scant clothing. Fortunately my 9 year old has a father who is not ashamed to discuss these things, at length if I must, but it was annoying that the PG13 rating is no longer a good indicator of language safety nor nudity - fictional or not.

Blu-Ray purchase for me? Maybe, but now that I saw it at IMAX, there's not really anything I'd want to own it for other than to say I have it for blu-ray picture and audio... the story was good, but I'm not caught up in Avatar fever over it either.

That's my official opinion, and yall can suck it! :hilarious:

Saw the film in 3D at IMAX

While the 3D was nifty, it did not add or take away anything overall. At some points it was annoying to have the glasses on my face at all... Did add depth in some scenes like with the fiery ashes falling down.

The movie itself was surprisingly interesting - I really thought I was going to just be amused with graphics, but came away thinking it was a good story. I question the PG13 rating. "Back in the day" PG13 didn't get away with more than damn and b*tch... here god damn, sh*t, b*tch are profusely used in this movie, not to mention a clear sex scene between two fictional characters while the female is prominently displaying nipples under scant clothing. Fortunately my 9 year old has a father who is not ashamed to discuss these things, at length if I must, but it was annoying that the PG13 rating is no longer a good indicator of language safety nor nudity - fictional or not.

Blu-Ray purchase for me? Maybe, but now that I saw it at IMAX, there's not really anything I'd want to own it for other than to say I have it for blu-ray picture and audio... the story was good, but I'm not caught up in Avatar fever over it either.

That's my official opinion, and yall can suck it! :hilarious:

im trying to get some of my friends to go see it IMAX 3D but they dont seem that into it and im trying real hard to explain to them this movie ROCKS!!!

i too was surprised by the rating. the alien sex scene was really weird honestly, they went farther than i think they needed to. it was just so obscure, like, its alien sex, and it creeped me out.

also the scene where they pray to aiwa or whatever and are sitting around the tree doing some crazy worshiping thing was a little weird as well. cameron took some risks with those two scenes IMO

I went and saw the movie last night. It was really good, but was a huge conglomeration of a lot of films, books, and comics to come before it. Everything from visual style, to story... but it was still good, and i'll buy it. lol.

im trying to get some of my friends to go see it IMAX 3D but they dont seem that into it and im trying real hard to explain to them this movie ROCKS!!!

i too was surprised by the rating. the alien sex scene was really weird honestly, they went farther than i think they needed to. it was just so obscure, like, its alien sex, and it creeped me out.

also the scene where they pray to aiwa or whatever and are sitting around the tree doing some crazy worshiping thing was a little weird as well. cameron took some risks with those two scenes IMO

Visually it is what the hype makes it out to be. Looking back as a whole they did an amazing job with the CG on the characters, you could really get detail and emotion out of the faces without them looking unnaturally contorted or exaggerated. I could easily tell someone it's worth a watch at least once if only to study the CG.

For some reason when you say alien sex I am reminded of the sigourney weaver sex scene in alien resurrection. THAT was just creepy and wrong. Srsly.

The worshipping scene didn't bother me too much, visually it looked pretty nifty... I don't really get bent out of shape when it comes to religion though until someone uses it as an excuse for something soooooooo yep.

you and your bad opinion can suck it! :p

lol my opinion is only bad because it doesn't agree with yours so ex post facto your opinion, indeed, sucks it. :p

and this time, its between Na'vi and HUMAN!!!! EEK!

and what does this add to the story?...some body rubbing and moaning?..

meh,stupid choice to add it in there,Not missing anything,just another Scene they say they will have just so they can Add more information in their HYPE Machine.

still waiting for the blu-ray release and if it's red and blue 3D glasses...I'm not buying it.

Boom shakalaka

epic-fail-avatar-plot-fail.jpg

OK so went to see this last weekend and it was great. I prolly won't buy it right away on Blu because I'm not sure it will have the same affect on the small screne. I do have one beef with it tho and that's that I had a hard time concentrating on what was going on because I was looking at those cute little alien titties runnin' all over the place, DAMN!!!

- Near the end of the hit film "Avatar," the villain snarls at the hero, "How does it feel to betray your own race?" Both men are white — although the hero is inhabiting a blue-skinned, 9-foot-tall, long-tailed alien.

Strange as it may seem for a film that pits greedy, immoral humans against noble denizens of a faraway moon, "Avatar" is being criticized by a small but vocal group of people who allege it contains racist themes — the white hero once again saving the primitive natives.

Since the film opened to widespread critical acclaim three weeks ago, hundreds of blog posts, newspaper articles, tweets and YouTube videos have said things such as the film is "a fantasy about race told from the point of view of white people" and that it reinforces "the white Messiah fable."

The film's writer and director, James Cameron, says the real theme is about respecting others' differences.

In the film (read no further if you don't want the plot spoiled for you) a white, paralyzed Marine, Jake Sully, is mentally linked to an alien's body and set loose on the planet Pandora. His mission: persuade the mystic, nature-loving Na'vi to make way for humans to mine their land for unobtanium, worth $20 million per kilo back home.

Like Kevin Costner in "Dances with Wolves" and Tom Cruise in "The Last Samurai" or as far back as Jimmy Stewart in the 1950 Western "Broken Arrow," Sully soon switches sides. He falls in love with the Na'vi princess and leads the bird-riding, bow-and-arrow-shooting aliens to victory over the white men's spaceships and mega-robots.

Adding to the racial dynamic is that the main Na'vi characters are played by actors of color, led by a Dominican, Zoe Saldana, as the princess. The film also is an obvious metaphor for how European settlers in America wiped out the Indians.

Robinne Lee, an actress in such recent films as "Seven Pounds" and "Hotel for Dogs," said that "Avatar" was "beautiful" and that she understood the economic logic of casting a white lead if most of the audience is white.

But she said the film, which so far has the second-highest worldwide box-office gross ever, still reminded her of Hollywood's "Pocahontas" story — "the Indian woman leads the white man into the wilderness, and he learns the way of the people and becomes the savior."

"It's really upsetting in many ways," said Lee, who is black with Jamaican and Chinese ancestry. "It would be nice if we could save ourselves."

Annalee Newitz, editor-in-chief of the sci-fi Web site io9.com , likened "Avatar" to the recent film "District 9," in which a white man accidentally becomes an alien and then helps save them, and 1984's "Dune," in which a white man becomes an alien Messiah.

"Main white characters realize that they are complicit in a system which is destroying aliens, AKA people of color ... (then) go beyond assimilation and become leaders of the people they once oppressed," she wrote.

"When will whites stop making these movies and start thinking about race in a new way?" wrote Newitz, who is white.

Black film professor and author Donald Bogle said he can understand why people would be troubled by "Avatar," although he praised it as a "stunning" work.

"A segment of the audience is carrying in the back of its head some sense of movie history," said Bogle, author of "Toms, Coons, Mulattoes, Mammies & Bucks: An Interpretive History of Blacks in American Films."

Bogle stopped short, however, of calling the movie racist.

"It's a film with still a certain kind of distortion," he said. "It's a movie that hasn't yet freed itself of old Hollywood traditions, old formulas."

Writer/director Cameron, who is white, said in an e-mail to The Associated Press that his film "asks us to open our eyes and truly see others, respecting them even though they are different, in the hope that we may find a way to prevent conflict and live more harmoniously on this world. I hardly think that is a racist message."

There are many ways to interpret the art that is "Avatar."

What does it mean that in the final, sequel-begging scene, Sully abandons his human body and transforms into one of the Na'vi for good? Is Saldana's Na'vi character the real heroine because she, not Sully, kills the arch-villain? Does it matter that many conservatives are riled by what they call liberal environmental and anti-military messages?

Is Cameron actually exposing the historical evils of white colonizers? Does the existence of an alien species expose the reality that all humans are actually one race?

"Can't people just enjoy movies any more?" a person named Michelle posted on the Web site for Essence, the magazine for black women, which had 371 comments on a story debating the issue.

Although the "Avatar" debate springs from Hollywood's historical difficulties with race, Will Smith recently saved the planet in "I Am Legend," and Denzel Washington appears ready to do the same in the forthcoming "Book of Eli."

Bogle, the film historian, said that he was glad Cameron made the film and that it made people think about race.

"Maybe there is something he does want to say and put across" about race, Bogle said. "Maybe if he had a black hero in there, that point would have been even stronger."

Source: Yahoo.com

Seems like people can't make a movie now a days without someone complaining about something.

Michele Rodriguez aint white! Not every human in the film was white, geez. I viewed it more as race, the HUMAN race not ... the WHITE race. Frickin igmo's ...

Some people have too many issues they need to get over in order to be happy. I was puzzled by this article when I read it earlier today. The complaints are just stupid.