Avengers 4-Movie Collection (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

dfoles

Scanner Ninja
Contributor
Premium Supporter
May 15, 2013
GA
Release date: August 13, 2019
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $149.99

6354135_so.jpg

Avenger (Box) [US] 4K (Steelbook)-front.jpgAvenger (Box) [US] 4K (Steelbook)-back.jpg
Photos courtesy of AcIDc0r3

Last edited by a moderator:
These look very nice! Slight annoyance that the A logo on Endgame is more zoomed in/a little bigger than the others though, and also the title on the spine for the first movie.

Reactions: Leafs17
Unlike the previous A SteelBooks, these “A’s” are larger and the negative space that would’ve been debossed is outside of the emboss-safe area, so it’d look weird.

I’m glad they’re glossy, at least.
Yep I agree. I just looked properly and quickly compared the first movie design to my embossed steelbook I have and for some reason they've zoomed in on these so that the arrow isn't showing fully/cut off at the end, and quite inconsistent
across all four of them. There's a little more to attack your OCD @Noodles... the end of the arrows! :LOL: You've probably already noticed that too.

I'll overlook it though lol.

Reactions: Noodles and Leafs17
Inner art is disappointing for movie 3 and 4. they could use a nice avengers team art. Why Spiderman? Why only iron man and Natasha on discs? boring inner print. but it is good that finally they all match. would be better, in my opinion, if they also match 4k release.

Last edited:
Inner art is disappointing for movie 3 and 4. they could use a nice avengers team art. Why Spiderman? Why only iron man and Natasha on discs? boring inner print. but it is good that finally they all match. would be better, in my opinion, if they also match 4k release.
And why Spider-Man and Iron Man in space like that, which never happened.

Classy looking set with matching elegant 'Big A' shelf unit just about ideal as far as finish goes but let down by the treatment - if they could do 'bossing on the very first UK AVENGERS steelbook back in September 2012 - which looks to be a reasonably accurate facsimile of this one design-wise (apart from the one obvious difference) - I can see no valid reason (apart from the added expense) of not doing the same on this new edition and on its three siblings . . . some seven years later ...
HMV ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- BB ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I
1565387861780.png
1565387695757.png

Classy looking set with matching elegant 'Big A' shelf unit just about ideal as far as finish goes but let down by the treatment - if they could do 'bossing on the very first UK AVENGERS steelbook back in September 2012 - which looks to be a reasonably accurate facsimile of this one design-wise (apart from the one obvious difference) - I can see no valid reason (apart from the added expense) of not doing the same on this new edition and on its three siblings . . . some seven years later ...
HMV ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- BB ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I
View attachment 441883 View attachment 441881

exactly. its an absolute blasphemy that they couldnt be bothered cause they wanted to cut on costs

Reactions: Leafs17 and virkia
Didn’t realize someone had already gotten there’s. Too bad there’s no embossing/debossing, would have been top notch if at least the steels had it. For $150 you would think so. Oh well it is what it is.

they simply follow the pattern of later releases:
1. no title in front
2. no emboss
3. no blue print discs (except Thor 3)
4. 4K included

When you will collect complete 4k set, it should be good looking on the shelf all together.

Reactions: djjez83
Prices aren't any different than any other 4K Marvel steelbooks. They aren't both glossed and bossed either.
It's been this way for a long time now. Ant-Man and The Wasp, Black Panther, Infinity War, The Captain Americas, the Iron Man and Thors, Captain Marvel, Endgame and probably others going back a couple of years now.

Why should this be any different?

Gloss and bossing on the same steelbook is now reserved for Blufans.

cough Dumbo cough

Yes but Dumbo is Disney (I know it's the same company) but the difference is box office and critical reviews.
Dumbo was a bomb and they knew they had to make it special to get people to buy it.

As many people often say "the worst movies get the best steelbooks"

These Avengers sets, other than the gloss, are as minimalist as you can get. The letter "A" on the front of all of them.
The same logos on the back. There isn't anything special to them except that they match which is what people have been asking for in Europe since they changed the pattern with Infinity War.

But they know they will sell because it's Marvel. They don't even have to try.

I ordered for in-store pickup. Not taking chances with shipment damage plus the store is within walking distance. I would not wait on a price drop because then only bottom of the barrel will be left and I would not be surprised if this ended up selling out.
I got my Potter set by mail, and it was really well packed. Nice box with fitted black styrofoam providing protection of corners and putting the set a good inch or more away from the sides of the box.

I got my Potter set by mail, and it was really well packed. Nice box with fitted black styrofoam providing protection of corners and putting the set a good inch or more away from the sides of the box.
Yes, I remember when I bought my Harry Potter set from @Drum18 group buy :thumbs: back in 2011, it too was packed like that. Very well protected.

Preorders shipped like that direct from Warner, a few weeks later it shipped from BestBuy and was repackaged much worse for shipping.

Not sure they’ll be packaged that well this time, as these started shipping out after stores got them, not before.

• Thanks
Reactions: Steely-Booked
Many steelheads own other versions of these from the past. SO if you really want your embossed A front then the cool thing is we could at least switch plates if we wanted to provide uniqueness. I think they look great as is tho.