Avengers: Infinity War (4K+2D and 3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Lenticular) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: October 14, 2019
Purchase links: 4K+2D - 3D+2D (Pre-order live on August 23 at 12 PM UK time)
Price: £31.99 (4K) - £27.99 (3D)

12258499-9484697907240786.jpg
12258500-2024697909040132.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Got mine today As well. There is no embossing or debossing on the back where thanos is no. Compared to the previous release of infinity war I honestly can't tell which I prefer more. I think the spine on the previous release stands out more with it being blue where as the black on this sort of blends in with black panther a bit too much on the shelf. My one complaint is the spine titles but I've been saying this since black panther as well the seem to be getting smaller by the release.

I've also included this to compare it with the other lenticular and 3D titles I own. There's an image of the spines on this post as well

Best pic of the extent of the splendid embossing of the artwork comes courtesy samdavies from one of the other forums but, yes, unfortunate not to have a zero finish and best viewed from a distance or through the shrinkrap (replaced after opening):-
1570903235175.png

Why does the matte in those pictures look more streaky than the rest of the zavvi lenti matte steels? Very disappointing

why couldn’t they go with the zero smooth finish that guardians 2 and ragnarok had lol

Reactions: Hereticz
A definite "Wow" steelbook with embossed artwork hidden under the lenti taking me back to DOCTOR STRANGE and CA: CIVIL WAR and the lenti itself is just as fabulous with what looks like seven layers of depth - the best lenti I've seen so far on a UK steelbook.

where are your pics?

Why does the matte in those pictures look more streaky than the rest of the zavvi lenti matte steels? Very disappointing

why couldn’t they go with the zero smooth finish that guardians 2 and ragnarok had lol

Exactly my thinking, really didn´t expect such a streakness :pain: :facepalm:

Reactions: Flloydo
i honestly think it turned out great for an economy steelbook. the artwork on the rear is fantastic plus inside plus minor embossing. now all i need is for it to come back in stock as i missed out on the 4k version otherwise it will be ebay for me lol

Reactions: Shark
Exactly my thinking, really didn´t expect such a streakness :pain: :facepalm:

I mean it’s a great design, nice to see some extra bossing and also great to see a new pic of thanos on the back but looks like they gone back in time with that streaky matte finish. Mine is on its way but those photos (of the finish) have disappointed me. Just when you get used to the Zavvi Marvel lenti edition matte finishes lol they get worse

I’m hoping it looks better in hand, head on and maybe I’ll try not to move it in the light lol

i honestly think it turned out great for an economy steelbook. the artwork on the rear is fantastic plus inside plus minor embossing. now all i need is for it to come back in stock as i missed out on the 4k version otherwise it will be ebay for me lol

But but but it’s not a economy steelbook though is it. £17.99 ish or less is a economy steelbook, not £31.99

it’s been said a million times in all the zavvi lenti threads but I really wish they just didn’t bother with the lentis. Then we could of basked in full gloss finishes and feeling that price you pay in your hands haha

Reactions: Mike Haley
I mean it’s a great design, nice to see some extra bossing and also great to see a new pic of thanos on the back but looks like they gone back in time with that streaky matte finish. Mine is on its way but those photos (of the finish) have disappointed me. Just when you get used to the Zavvi Marvel lenti edition matte finishes lol they get worse

I’m hoping it looks better in hand, head on and maybe I’ll try not to move it in the light lol

But but but it’s not a economy steelbook though is it. £17.99 ish or less is a economy steelbook, not £31.99

it’s been said a million times in all the zavvi lenti threads but I really wish they just didn’t bother with the lentis. Then we could of basked in full gloss finishes and feeling that price you pay in your hands haha

theres only 2 types for me, economy and premium steelbooks :thumbs:

Reactions: St4rlord
theres only 2 types for me, economy and premium steelbooks :thumbs:

Even when they the same price? :wacky:

Premium is only really premium because of slips and extras. You can still get WEA economy steels for a fraction of the price. And they still happen. Look at the recent skull island and IT. £22.49 with a code for 4K lol. So it does still happen

Another draw back I've found is there's no disc art unlike black panther and antman and the wasp where they reprinted the discs with artwork here they haven't.

the sad thing is this lenticular version will go for crazy money down the line and a premium version like Weet's will stick around it's retail price...

Thanks to huge WeET print runs, and also I guess the majority of people still prefer single WWA Steelbooks over bells and whistles premiums for much more money....

Reactions: Vaako
Thanks to huge WeET print runs, and also I guess the majority of people still prefer single WWA Steelbooks over bells and whistles premiums for much more money....

Except this isn't a WWA steelbook. Only Zavvi has this. Shipping doesn't cost 20 bucks like a WeET does. Is the WeET a WEA or WWA dressed up?