mllNY

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Aug 29, 2011
New York, NY
7WsyChQLEftFiDOVTGkv3hFpyyt.jpg

Title: Avengers: Infinity War

Tagline: An entire universe. Once and for all.

Genre: Adventure, Science Fiction, Fantasy, Action

Director: Joe Russo, Anthony Russo

Cast: Josh Brolin, Robert Downey Jr., Chris Hemsworth, Mark Ruffalo, Chris Evans, Benedict Cumberbatch, Scarlett Johansson, Tom Holland, Paul Bettany, Elizabeth Olsen, Don Cheadle, Chadwick Boseman, Anthony Mackie, Sebastian Stan, Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Pom Klementieff, Karen Gillan, Tom Hiddleston, Idris Elba, Peter Dinklage, Benedict Wong, Bradley Cooper, Vin Diesel, Florence Kasumba, Ethan Dizon, Tiffany Espensen, Michael James Shaw, Terry Notary, Tom Vaughan-Lawlor, Kerry Condon, Ross Marquand, Winston Duke, Jacob Batalon, Danai Gurira, Carrie Coon, Isabella Amara, Letitia Wright, Benicio del Toro, William Hurt, Gwyneth Paltrow, Aaron Lazar, Ameenah Kaplan, Monique Ganderton, Sean Gunn, Stan Lee, Michael Anthony Rogers, Stephen McFeely, Blair Jasin, Matthew Zuk, Olaniyan Thurmon, Robert Pralgo, Ariana Greenblatt, Kenneth Branagh, Juiceman Blaine, Samuel L. Jackson, Cobie Smulders, Aidan Thionville, Harrison Costello, Alexander Sobel, Kenneth Branagh

Release: 2018-04-25

Runtime: 149

Plot: As the Avengers and their allies have continued to protect the world from threats too large for any one hero to handle, a new danger has emerged from the cosmic shadows: Thanos. A despot of intergalactic infamy, his goal is to collect all six Infinity Stones, artifacts of unimaginable power, and use them to inflict his twisted will on all of reality. Everything the Avengers have fought for has led up to this moment - the fate of Earth and existence itself has never been more uncertain.

From IMDB
avengers3infinity.jpg
avengersinfinitywar_poster.jpg
10712440_974242179259002_1556844477022296155_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got back from seeing it.
Loved it! ...Although I had a frustrating experience, The whole IMAX theater was full but there were two empty seats just down from me (its all reserved seating). Right before the movie started two guys come in and sit down and are talking very loudly. One of them says "So I heard _____, ______, and ______ dies". I was so mad, but I figured he was probably joking so I shrugged it off. As the film goes on each one of the names he said was true. What a jerk eh? Really makes me mad that someone would purposely do that.

Anyways I still enjoyed the film and I can't wait until the next one!

Spoiler Filled thoughts:
A couple things bugged me.
This really felt like a part 1 or 2. I said to my buddy, "this kind of feels like Empire" (In regards to the ending). Which i guess isn't a bad thing, but the Russos kept saying that this is its own film but it really felt like a "To Be Continued..." Could you imagine watching this thinking this was the ending and not knowing another one was coming? You would HATE the movie! haha

Also Disney did it again and put in the trailer fake shots.
Like this:
Screen Shot 2018-04-26 at 10.06.21 PM.jpg
WASN'T IN THE MOVIE!

NO HULK? REALLY?
Did they change something??? Cause they even made a Funko Pop of Banner breaking out of the Armor:
hulk1.jpg
And its not even in the film!?
Anyways, those were my negative things about it.

Everything else, Great. Felt they did an awesome job sharing the screen time. Although certain characters got better stuff to work with, like Thor & the Guardians I think had the most meat in the film.
But I just need to know 1 thing... Did Korg Survive!?
n_eLn9.gif

I know basically everyone on Thor's ship died... but we never saw him so I'm holding on to some hope.

Anyways I'm sure I'll think of more things as its still super fresh right now.
Give it a 9/10 for sure.

I saw this on opening night.....I'm still trying to digest what happened. Easily a 5/5 movie for me and was pretty much everything I hoped for.

1. I did a very merry feet dance when Cap first appeared....man he's been missed!!
2. Apart from Hulk at the beginning of the movie, that's all we see of him. Was I disappointed? At the beginning yes, but without Hulk it just shows how integral Banner is to the team and not just Hulk
3. The end....WOW!! Thanos achieved what he wanted. Wipe out half of humanity leaving it perfectly balanced. We see him at the end looking at the sunrise, now he can rest. Half of the team are gone, and we are left with all the original Avengers. Surely that can't be it for the likes of Spidey, Black Panther, the Guardians, etc. I don't know what the hell is going to happen now but I cannot wait for Avengers 4!! I know Avengers 4 is going to be the last time we will see some of these guys. It's going to be a long wait!

Loved it! ...Although I had a frustrating experience, The whole IMAX theater was full but there were two empty seats just down from me (its all reserved seating). Right before the movie started two guys come in and sit down and are talking very loudly. One of them says "So I heard _____, ______, and ______ dies". I was so mad, but I figured he was probably joking so I shrugged it off. As the film goes on each one of the names he said was true. What a jerk eh? Really makes me mad that someone would purposely do that.

Spoiler Filled thoughts:
This really felt like a part 1 or 2. I said to my buddy, "this kind of feels like Empire" (In regards to the ending). Which i guess isn't a bad thing, but the Russos kept saying that this is its own film but it really felt like a "To Be Continued..." Could you imagine watching this thinking this was the ending and not knowing another one was coming? You would HATE the movie! haha

Like this:
View attachment 371439
WASN'T IN THE MOVIE!

NO HULK? REALLY?
Did they change something??? Cause they even made a Funko Pop of Banner breaking out of the Armor:
View attachment 371440

Everything else, Great. Felt they did an awesome job sharing the screen time. Although certain characters got better stuff to work with, like Thor & the Guardians I think had the most meat in the film.
n_eLn9.gif

I know basically everyone on Thor's ship died... but we never saw him so I'm holding on to some hope.

Give it a 9/10 for sure.
In regards to the 2 guys infront of you, what a pair D****!:angry:

In regards to the 2 guys infront of you, what a pair D****!:angry:

I know right? and it wasn't the "Snap" deaths either. It was the real ones. He said "Loki, Gamora and Vision Die". Total D*****bags.

2. Apart from Hulk at the beginning of the movie, that's all we see of him. Was I disappointed? At the beginning yes, but without Hulk it just shows how integral Banner is to the team and not just Hulk
3. The end....WOW!! Thanos achieved what he wanted. Wipe out half of humanity leaving it perfectly balanced. We see him at the end looking at the sunrise, now he can rest. Half of the team are gone, and we are left with all the original Avengers. Surely that can't be it for the likes of Spidey, Black Panther, the Guardians, etc. I don't know what the hell is going to happen now but I cannot wait for Avengers 4!! I know Avengers 4 is going to be the last time we will see some of these guys. It's going to be a long wait!

I'm assuming the reason why the Hulk never came out is because this is the first time the Hulk has ever been beaten before.
So when the Hulk shouts "NO!" its because he is actually scared.
Makes Thanos pretty bad ass!
MY BIG THEORY:
So here is my theory on all this:

You know how Doctor Strange said there was only 1 outcome where they survive out of 14 million or something? I think THIS was that 1 outcome. They had to lose to win. Strange said he would never give up the time stone but he does pretty easily. I wonder if its because this is what had to happen in order for them to ultimately succeed and beat Thanos.

Everyone who died in the "Snap" isn't actually dead and they will somehow get them back (don't ask me how haha).
But... I think everyone who died before that, is actually dead dead.
So Loki, Heimdall, Vision, all gone. But I think Gamora still has a chance if they return the Soul Stone ("Soul for a Soul").

Thoughts?

• Thanks
Reactions: harry

Spoiler Filled thoughts:

Like this:
View attachment 371439
WASN'T IN THE MOVIE!

NO HULK? REALLY?
View attachment 371440

n_eLn9.gif

Give it a 9/10 for sure.

Sucks when other people act like that. Someone brought a baby into our showing this morning, it cried a few times but it was on the opposite side of the cinema to where I was. Had they been nearer I might have left and asked for a refund. Maybe I am just a grump but tiny babies should not be allowed into these showings. Anyway, the film was amazing and choc full of great moment and not just action. I found nearly all of the jokes landed and they felt a lot more natural than guardians 2. The film is definitely worth more than one viewing. I have a theory about the opening scene:

I really hope they have not killed all of the Asgardians, that would make no sense. For now I like to believe that Thor, Loki and Heimdall and a group of fighters remained to fight Thanos while the rest of the civilians, korg, valkyrie and some guards escaped through the Bifrost. I hope this leads to a new Thor trilogy because after Ragnarok and infinity War I would love to see Thor take the mantle of king and rebuild Asgard. Plus we need more of that amazing axe!!

I love the fact they ended with Thanos clicking his fingers, it was such a bold move... but then it was spoiled by seeing Spider-Man and Black Panther dissolve. Immediately you know they cant be dead because they have Spider-Man 2 already in production and Black Panther is a brand new hero. So no doubt Avengers 4 will feature the original Avengers cast fighting to reverse what happened.

I know right? and it wasn't the "Snap" deaths either. It was the real ones. He said "Loki, Gamora and Vision Die". Total D*****bags.

I'm assuming the reason why the Hulk never came out is because this is the first time the Hulk has ever been beaten before.
MY BIG THEORY:

You know how Doctor Strange said there was only 1 outcome where they survive out of 14 million or something? I think THIS was that 1 outcome. They had to lose to win. Strange said he would never give up the time stone but he does pretty easily. I wonder if its because this is what had to happen in order for them to ultimately succeed and beat Thanos.

Everyone who died in the "Snap" isn't actually dead and they will somehow get them back (don't ask me how haha).
So Loki, Heimdall, Vision, all gone. But I think Gamora still has a chance if they return the Soul Stone ("Soul for a Soul").

Thoughts?

I love your last idea:

I cant imagine a Guardians 3 without Gamora but at the same time killing people off to bring them back is a bit cheap heh. I am conflicted. But I think there will be definitely be more deaths in the next one as the old guard (original avengers) are going to be fighting to reverse what happened and not all of them will make it.

MY BIG THEORY:

Thoughts?

You're spot on about Gamora, no way is she gone for good, I expect in Avengers 4 (or maybe the opening of GOTG Vol 3) Quill will trade the soul stone back for Gamora's life

Hulks lack of appearance is due to the narrative started in Ragnarok i.e. if Banner transforms into Hulk again he may be stuck in that form permanently. I forget who it was that said it (one of the directors) but Ragnarok started a new 3 movie arc for Hulk which will end in Avengers 4[\spoiler]

You're spot on about Gamora, no way is she gone for good, I expect in Avengers 4 (or maybe the opening of GOTG Vol 3) Quill will trade the soul stone back for Gamora's life

Hulks lack of appearance is due to the narrative started in Ragnarok i.e. if Banner transforms into Hulk again he may be stuck in that form permanently. I forget who it was that said it (one of the directors) but Ragnarok started a new 3 movie arc for Hulk which will end in Avengers 4[\spoiler]

Excellent point about the Hulk, however you do hear Hulk refusing to come out and telling Banner no, so i think Kaw is probably right. Hulk is too afraid of Thanos.

Excellent point about the Hulk, however you do hear Hulk refusing to come out and telling Banner no, so i think Kaw is probably right. Hulk is too afraid of Thanos.

This is from Ruffalo himself

"I'm not allowed to say anything. They're having a real problem," Ruffalo shared on The Late Late Show with James Corden. "Let me just say this to you; the only person or thing in the universe that Hulk is afraid of is Banner. And the only one who Banner probably dislikes more than anything else is Hulk. And they're headed for a showdown."

;)

I really hope they have not killed all of the Asgardians, that would make no sense. For now I like to believe that Thor, Loki and Heimdall and a group of fighters remained to fight Thanos while the rest of the civilians, korg, valkyrie and some guards escaped through the Bifrost. I hope this leads to a new Thor trilogy because after Ragnarok and infinity War I would love to see Thor take the mantle of king and rebuild Asgard. Plus we need more of that amazing axe!!

They didn't show Valkyrie or Korg so I REALLY hope they are still alive. Fingers Crossed!
They must have escaped somehow and we didn't see it. Hopefully we will find out later.

If they were going to kill Korg they could have least have him say "Piss Off Thanos!" first. haha
tenor.gif

I have not been this excited for a movie in a long time. Got my IMAX 3D tickets for Sunday at 12:15 which seems like a perfect time for a chill crowd. I just hope it is not too intense for the granddaughters. :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: DADDYCOOL187

I feel like everyone before the snap is gone for good, and Guardians 3 will be set in the past of the MCU timeline like Vol. 2 was, allowing the inclusion of Gamora. It doesn't make sense to me that Ayesha would wait 4/5 years to unleash Adam.

Loved it.
Ended exactly how I hoped it would, but was unsure whether they'd have the balls to go through with it. Shame that they didn't hold back all sequel announcements till after Avengers 4 though, I think the ending would have been a lot more effective if they had.

I feel like everyone before the snap is gone for good, and Guardians 3 will be set in the past of the MCU timeline like Vol. 2 was, allowing the inclusion of Gamora. It doesn't make sense to me that Ayesha would wait 4/5 years to unleash Adam.

We'll see but setting GOTG Vol 3 before the events of IW makes no sense to me[\spoiler]

We'll see but setting GOTG Vol 3 before the events of IW makes no sense to me[\spoiler]

Well...
Ant-Man and the Wasp takes place before IW (or at the same time maybe? yet to be seen) and Captain Marvel takes place in the 90s.
So you never know, having GotGv3 take place before IW wouldn't be too crazy to imagine...

But I agree with you @tommyh84 It wouldn't make sense to finish off the trilogy with a film where there are zero steaks involved. If we already know the outcome of the team it wouldn't make that great of a movie.
I say for GotGv3 it has to take place after, even if that means they are without Gamora. (But I still think they'll get her back once they get the Soul stone).