mllNY

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Aug 29, 2011
New York, NY
7WsyChQLEftFiDOVTGkv3hFpyyt.jpg

Title: Avengers: Infinity War

Tagline: An entire universe. Once and for all.

Genre: Adventure, Science Fiction, Fantasy, Action

Director: Joe Russo, Anthony Russo

Cast: Josh Brolin, Robert Downey Jr., Chris Hemsworth, Mark Ruffalo, Chris Evans, Benedict Cumberbatch, Scarlett Johansson, Tom Holland, Paul Bettany, Elizabeth Olsen, Don Cheadle, Chadwick Boseman, Anthony Mackie, Sebastian Stan, Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Pom Klementieff, Karen Gillan, Tom Hiddleston, Idris Elba, Peter Dinklage, Benedict Wong, Bradley Cooper, Vin Diesel, Florence Kasumba, Ethan Dizon, Tiffany Espensen, Michael James Shaw, Terry Notary, Tom Vaughan-Lawlor, Kerry Condon, Ross Marquand, Winston Duke, Jacob Batalon, Danai Gurira, Carrie Coon, Isabella Amara, Letitia Wright, Benicio del Toro, William Hurt, Gwyneth Paltrow, Aaron Lazar, Ameenah Kaplan, Monique Ganderton, Sean Gunn, Stan Lee, Michael Anthony Rogers, Stephen McFeely, Blair Jasin, Matthew Zuk, Olaniyan Thurmon, Robert Pralgo, Ariana Greenblatt, Kenneth Branagh, Juiceman Blaine, Samuel L. Jackson, Cobie Smulders, Aidan Thionville, Harrison Costello, Alexander Sobel, Kenneth Branagh

Release: 2018-04-25

Runtime: 149

Plot: As the Avengers and their allies have continued to protect the world from threats too large for any one hero to handle, a new danger has emerged from the cosmic shadows: Thanos. A despot of intergalactic infamy, his goal is to collect all six Infinity Stones, artifacts of unimaginable power, and use them to inflict his twisted will on all of reality. Everything the Avengers have fought for has led up to this moment - the fate of Earth and existence itself has never been more uncertain.

From IMDB
avengers3infinity.jpg
avengersinfinitywar_poster.jpg
10712440_974242179259002_1556844477022296155_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well...
Ant-Man and the Wasp takes place before IW (or at the same time maybe? yet to be seen) and Captain Marvel takes place in the 90s.
So you never know, having GotGv3 take place before IW wouldn't be too crazy to imagine...

But I agree with you @tommyh84 It wouldn't make sense to finish off the trilogy with a film where there are zero steaks involved. If we already know the outcome of the team it wouldn't make that great of a movie.
I say for GotGv3 it has to take place after, even if that means they are without Gamora. (But I still think they'll get her back once they get the Soul stone).

I hadn't thought about it affecting the stakes, good point. I'm just trying to make sense of why Ayesha would wait so long to try to get revenge if it jumps forward to the present, I suppose they could say it took years for Adam to reach full maturity in the pod, it would be silly to just drop that set up. Maybe Vol. 3 will be like Search for Spock?

Also, after thinking about things more last night I'm not sure I believe Vision won't be back.

Regarding Ant-Man, I'm now more excited to see it hoping for some post credits disappearances. I'd love for them to set it up so that Hank has to suit up in Avengers 4.

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon and kaw
Here's what I'm thinking will happen going forward....
so I refuse to believe that we have lost so many hero's, especially seen as there's more movies to come (Black Panther, GOTG, Spiderman etc) so here are my thoughts regarding the next movie-
Part of the movie will have the remaining hero's trying to get the Time stone back to allow Dr Strange and others to go back and try to change time, to me it's the only thing that can happen, and perhaps we will lose some more Heroes but get some of the others back. What do you guys think?

Infinity War has passed The Force Awakens, taking in the biggest domestic and worldwide openings of all-time.

From BoxOfficeMojo:

Audiences assembled worldwide as Disney and Marvel's Avengers: Infinity War broke both the domestic opening weekend box office record and worldwide opening record with a massive $250 million domestically and $630 million worldwide. In its wake, the majority of films on the weekend box office chart fell dramatically, though fellow Marvel Cinematic Universe release Black Pantherimproved its position from eighth place last weekend to a spot in this weekend's top five, truly making this a Marvel-ous weekend.

Infinity War's opening weekend bests the previous record of $247.9 million set by Star Wars: The Force Awakensback in December 2015 by just over $2 million, but it's also worth mentioning Disney under-estimated Black Panther's $202 million opening by nearly $10 million on Sunday. The studio also under-estimated The Avengers's performance by $7 million and under-estimated Avengers: Age of Ultron by $3.6 million. As such, don't be surprised to see Infinity War's debut blossom come actuals on Monday afternoon. At this moment, the film accounts for 84.4% of the domestic top twelve, second only to Ultron's 84.5% market share.

Additional domestic records of note include the largest single Saturday gross, largest single Sunday gross, largest April opening, largest Spring opening, widest PG-13 releaseand fastest film to $150, $200 and $250 million.

Internationally, Infinity War delivered a monstrous $380 million from approximately 72% of the international marketplace. The debut is the second largest to Fate of the Furious though its important to note that film had the benefit of China grosses over its opening weekend, which represented $185 million (41.7%) of its $443 million international debut. Altogether, Infinity War's global debut reached $630 million, shattering the previous recordof $541.9 million set by Fate of the Furious and doing so without China, where the film will open on May 11.

Highlights from Infinity War's international debut include #1 openings in all territories led by the UK with $42.2mfollowed by South Korea ($39.2m*), Mexico ($25.1m*), Australia ($23.0m), Brazil ($18.8m*), India ($18.6m), France ($17.7m), Germany ($14.7m), Philippines ($12.5m*), Italy ($11.0m), Thailand ($10.0m*), Indonesia ($9.6m*), Taiwan ($9.5m), Japan ($9.0m), Malaysia ($8.4m*) and Spain ($8.3m). The film also delivered the #1 international IMAX debut ever, excluding China, with a total of $41 million globally from $22.5 million domestically and $18.5 internationally. Prior to the film's opening in China, Infinity War will open in Russia next weekend.

Looking ahead, Infinity War received an "A" CinemaScorefrom opening day audiences. Audiences were 58% male with 58% of the overall audience coming in over the age of 25. In terms of what to expect domestically, using multipliers from previous films in the MCU, a domestic performance over $600 million seems a given, but how much higher than that is unclear. A performance similar to Avengers: Age of Ultron would actually result in a domestic run right at $600 million, while comparisons to only Captain America: Civil War and Iron Man 3 would result in a domestic total below that mark.

All told, Infinity War's estimated $630 million worldwide opening means the 19 films so far released in the Marvel Cinematic Universe have now amassed nearly $15.5 billion combined.

Watched it again today and I enjoyed it more the second time round. I wasn't trying to take it all in and look out for things. I just sat back and enjoyed it knowing no one could spoil it for me.

I really want to watch it again!

Finally see this tonight in imax 3D and was blown away. Exactly what I wanted

Some thoughts

I didn’t like Peter Dinklages role. Seemed really out of place. And I didn’t like that the hulk wasn’t used at the end and the rumour of him busting out the hulkbuster never happened (also hate trailers showing stuff that don’t happen like him running with cap etc - they did the same with Ragnarok with him absent from the rainbow bridge stand off) but I did like the little row in side the hulk buster which made it look like he was sh*t scared of thanos.

Thanos is by far the best villain in MCU. For once they made someone that’s an actual threat which he is. So perfectly done. When he uses the reality stone I was so happy. Some proper trippy stuff. And I loved it when they tried to take the glove from him

The ending was crazy. My original theory was that they all die bar strange and the opening to 4 is him reversing time bringing them all back and then the actual deaths happen throughout the 4th film like stark and cap etc.
So I’m not sure how they will bring them back without strange but he did see that one path they win on so he must of given up the time stone and die for a reason plus with captain marvel coming I’m sure it’s possible to bring them back. I’m sure that Loki, hemidal and vision are actually dead which is a shame but also what it needed to prove thanos is a threat and to make IW intense and more serious.
Gamora situation is another thing I was adamant was going to happen. Very upsetting scene but I’m sure she will actually come back unlike Loki, hem and vis. Just not sure how

Oh and the red skull was a nice surprise. Lol.

Excellent action, great story and decent humour that was not too over the top.

Oh and lastly, the spidey ending for some reason was the hardest because he was so worried and it seemed like he felt it unlike the rest. And if Groot was one to disintegrate then wouldn’t the handle to Thor’s new weapon storm breaker or whatever it’s called do the same?!?

Watched it again today and I enjoyed it more the second time round. I wasn't trying to take it all in and look out for things. I just sat back and enjoyed it knowing no one could spoil it for me.

I really want to watch it again!
Tell me about it.
Am hoping to go again at least twice during the week.
Want to watch it in IMAX as many times as I can before Deadpool takes over that screen

Some thoughts

I didn’t like Peter Dinklages role. Seemed really out of place. And I didn’t like that the hulk wasn’t used at the end and the rumour of him busting out the hulkbuster never happened (also hate trailers showing stuff that don’t happen like him running with cap etc - they did the same with Ragnarok with him absent from the rainbow bridge stand off) but I did like the little row in side the hulk buster which made it look like he was sh*t scared of thanos.

Thanos is by far the best villain in MCU. For once they made someone that’s an actual threat which he is. So perfectly done. When he uses the reality stone I was so happy. Some proper trippy stuff. And I loved it when they tried to take the glove from him

The ending was crazy. My original theory was that they all die bar strange and the opening to 4 is him reversing time bringing them all back and then the actual deaths happen throughout the 4th film like stark and cap etc.
So I’m not sure how they will bring them back without strange but he did see that one path they win on so he must of given up the time stone and die for a reason plus with captain marvel coming I’m sure it’s possible to bring them back. I’m sure that Loki, hemidal and vision are actually dead which is a shame but also what it needed to prove thanos is a threat and to make IW intense and more serious.
Gamora situation is another thing I was adamant was going to happen. Very upsetting scene but I’m sure she will actually come back unlike Loki, hem and vis. Just not sure how

Oh and lastly, the spidey ending for some reason was the hardest because he was so worried and it seemed like he felt it unlike the rest. And if Groot was one to disintegrate then wouldn’t the handle to Thor’s new weapon storm breaker or whatever it’s called do the same?!?
Good point about Stormnreaker.

Agree on what you said about Spidey too

• Thanks
Reactions: DADDYCOOL187

Some thoughts

I felt the same with Spidys death. I think because he has Spidy Sense he can feel it before it happens which makes it harder to watch as you can really see the fear in him. Plus it's tough for Stark as he's as close to a son as he has as then has to watch him die in front of him.

The Stormbreaker handle I put down to once it leaves Groot it stops being part of him. I could be wrong but that's how I saw it.

Here's what I'm thinking will happen going forward....
so I refuse to believe that we have lost so many hero's, especially seen as there's more movies to come (Black Panther, GOTG, Spiderman etc) so here are my thoughts regarding the next movie-
Part of the movie will have the remaining hero's trying to get the Time stone back to allow Dr Strange and others to go back and try to change time, to me it's the only thing that can happen, and perhaps we will lose some more Heroes but get some of the others back. What do you guys think?

Potential spoilers and my thoughts :)

Rumours suggest Antman and the quantum realm (which we'll be seeing more of in Antman & Wasp) will have something to do with time travel. On set pics have already suggested revisiting the battle of New York with the likes of Cap in his Avengers 1 outfit

Potential spoilers and my thoughts :)

Rumours suggest Antman and the quantum realm (which we'll be seeing more of in Antman & Wasp) will have something to do with time travel. On set pics have already suggested revisiting the battle of New York with the likes of Cap in his Avengers 1 outfit

Antman and the Wasp should be interesting then. Maybe it will be set slightly before to maybe the same timeframe as Infinity War. Will probably get introduced to Captain Marvel by the end too.
[/QUOTE]

I really enjoyed the film, definitely one of the better Marvel films. Although I thought some things in the film were goofy as hell

Why would Gamora be in the group travelling to Thanos when she was the only person who knew where the soul stone was. Other than to fit the narrative of Thanos chucking her off the side of the mountain. That didn't make sense.

The Iron Man, Spidey, Doctor Strange and Star Lord fight was awesome but the end to it wasn't great.

The end although I know it's in the comics idk it wasn't good. Everyone knows you're not killing off Spider-Man etc so the stakes didn't feel real and everyone kind of knows Doctor Strange is sorting that **** out in the next film.