Baby Driver (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #88) [Czech Republic]

Which disc configuration do you prefer?

• UHD Blu-ray movie + Blu-ray movie + 2xCD soundtrack (4 discs)

Votes: 57 30.2%
  • UHD Blu-ray movie + Blu-ray movie (2 discs)

Votes: 36 19.0%
  • Blu-ray movie + Blu-ray bonus features + 2xCD soundtrack (4 discs)

Votes: 54 28.6%
  • Blu-ray movie + Blu-ray bonus features (2 discs)

Votes: 42 22.2%

• Total voters

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 29, 2017
Purchase link: FilmArena
Price: CZK 1,499
Notes: 4K UHD + Blu-ray + Blu-ray Bonus Disk + CD Soundtrack Limited to 1001 copies.

Karel Group Buy
Price CZK 1710

23737988_1587527331364237_2330650980459503645_o.jpg

19959370_10158877924785461_5489671771345363047_n.jpg

Last edited:
I love and very much appreciate the people on this site who create GB's, but $77???

I haven't purchased from a GB in a while, but i feel like prices are getting a bit extreme now, i dunno....

• Thanks
Reactions: cooey
I love and very much appreciate the people on this site who create GB's, but $77???

I haven't purchased from a GB in a while, but i feel like prices are getting a bit extreme now, i dunno....

Just remember, it's not the person posting the GB that is responsible for setting the price. They only pass on the price that they get from the retailer.

It's an important distinction to make - it's the retailer that sets the price of the edition (I personally think this is carry over that we're seeing from all retailers based on the "4k" upsell that is currently happening. Retail at Best Buy this is $32.99++ for the steelbook alone)

I get it, I really do, this is the all singing all dancing package with all the discs you could want making it the ultimate package.

But....... that Steel artwork is bloody awful, the lack of different artworks across all of the package and the fact it is a WWA, I can't justify that price at all.

The Fantastic beasts Blu fans was bloody pricey too, but that was a beauty WEA with all the trimmings also, so I bit on that even at that price as it truly was an ultimate package.

But this? No.

It would of been good to add a bit more creativity on the imagery ( besides the badass front cover of the slip) and as FA loooove different editions, I think they would of not hurt themselves if they did an edition just with the Blu Ray minus the other discs. 500 standard FAC & 500 Ultimate FAC to cater for everybody.

As much as some would love the 4K, it's still very niche and to be honest, I'm not ready to jump on the 4K scene for the foreseeable and suspect not many others are too. At least if they had shared the print run, people would have the choice. And at the end of the day, FA do generally give the choice - just look at the Spiderman FAC.

Anyways, as you can tell I'll be passing on this. If goes cheap on the bay later, I might pick it up.

Hopefully the standard amaray will come with a slip and fingers crossed, looks like the front cover of this.

Jesus christ is this a Xmas hike or something, no way paying that as rrp for a wwa steelbook, even though I was all up for buying it before I saw the price. FAC needs a wake up call.

• Thanks
Reactions: harry
Had some money in my PayPal account sitting there for ages through selling so decided to treat myself. It's my film of the year :thumbs:

I think it’s going to sell out. If so, FA knows next time they can ask the same price again.
Slowly the price increases.....

I get it, I really do, this is the all singing all dancing package with all the discs you could want making it the ultimate package.

But....... that Steel artwork is bloody awful, the lack of different artworks across all of the package and the fact it is a WWA, I can't justify that price at all.

The Fantastic beasts Blu fans was bloody pricey too, but that was a beauty WEA with all the trimmings also, so I bit on that even at that price as it truly was an ultimate package.

But this? No.

It would of been good to add a bit more creativity on the imagery ( besides the badass front cover of the slip) and as FA loooove different editions, I think they would of not hurt themselves if they did an edition just with the Blu Ray minus the other discs. 500 standard FAC & 500 Ultimate FAC to cater for everybody.

As much as some would love the 4K, it's still very niche and to be honest, I'm not ready to jump on the 4K scene for the foreseeable and suspect not many others are too. At least if they had shared the print run, people would have the choice. And at the end of the day, FA do generally give the choice - just look at the Spiderman FAC.

Anyways, as you can tell I'll be passing on this. If goes cheap on the bay later, I might pick it up.

Hopefully the standard amaray will come with a slip and fingers crossed, looks like the front cover of this.

Sony have been pushing their 4K for a while now. In North America, if there is a Sony release that you want the 3D edition, you have no choice but getting the 4K that comes with it (4K UHD + 3D + 2D). But I Believe Sony for Baby Driver will have the same artwork for their Amaray slipcovers as the Art used by FA for their FAC Fullslip :thumbs:

We also are not aware at how difficult a premium Edition can be to get the Approval from the Movie Company. If you present a Fullslip Premium Package to a movie company, it can take up to 4 months for them to come back to the retailer and give them either a ''Yes'' or a ''No'' and if ''No'' then the retailers have to go back to the Drawing Board and then again resubmit it (and wait again).

Also, if they come back with a ''No'', the retailer is in a very delicate situation as it cannot simply say ''No'' as if so it might damage the relationship the retailer wants to keep with the Studio in Question for Future Projects. Retailers have learned with experience ''what'' the movie companies will most likely ''want'' from the Premium Edition that has to be submitted for approval and try to not stray away too much from it(to avoid further delays).

Retailer that makes ''Premium Editions'' often have to convince the studio that we need a ''Premium Edition'' for this movie, that there is a market for it and it is worth it. I was speaking with someone which I learned all about this and more and it really shed a light at how I thought that Premium Edition Projects are just easy to put together and when they present us a project like this current one ''baby Driver'' we think it's the Retailer's Fault for not being more creative.

I don't know if I expressed myself correctly, I was simply trying to pass along what I have learned these past months regarding all this. But with projects like this one from FAC, we will never know how much Sony have put their foot down on the Artistic aspect if FA wanted to have it made(which of course they did)..and how much they pushed FA to also include the 4K in the package.

Last edited: