Baby Driver (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #88) [Czech Republic]

Which disc configuration do you prefer?

• UHD Blu-ray movie + Blu-ray movie + 2xCD soundtrack (4 discs)

Votes: 57 30.2%
  • UHD Blu-ray movie + Blu-ray movie (2 discs)

Votes: 36 19.0%
  • Blu-ray movie + Blu-ray bonus features + 2xCD soundtrack (4 discs)

Votes: 54 28.6%
  • Blu-ray movie + Blu-ray bonus features (2 discs)

Votes: 42 22.2%

• Total voters

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 29, 2017
Purchase link: FilmArena
Price: CZK 1,499
Notes: 4K UHD + Blu-ray + Blu-ray Bonus Disk + CD Soundtrack Limited to 1001 copies.

Karel Group Buy
Price CZK 1710

23737988_1587527331364237_2330650980459503645_o.jpg

19959370_10158877924785461_5489671771345363047_n.jpg

Last edited:
Sony have been pushing their 4K for a while now. In North America, if there is a Sony release that you want the 3D edition, you have no choice but getting the 4K that comes with it (4K UHD + 3D + 2D). But I Believe Sony for Baby Driver will have the same artwork for their Amaray slipcovers as the Art used by FA for their FAC Fullslip :thumbs:

We also are not aware at how difficult a premium Edition can be to get the Approval from the Movie Company. If you present a Fullslip Premium Package to a movie company, it can take up to 4 months for them to come back to the retailer and give them either a ''Yes'' or a ''No'' and if ''No'' then the retailers have to go back to the Drawing Board and then again resubmit it (and wait again).

Also, if they come back with a ''No'', the retailer is in a very delicate situation as it cannot simply say ''No'' as if so it might damage the relationship the retailer wants to keep with the Studio in Question for Future Projects. Retailers have learned with experience ''what'' the movie companies will most likely ''want'' from the Premium Edition that has to be submitted for approval and try to not stray away too much from it(to avoid further delays).

Retailer that makes ''Premium Editions'' often have to convince the studio that we need a ''Premium Edition'' for this movie, that there is a market for it and it is worth it. I was speaking with someone which I learned all about this and more and it really shed a light at how I thought that Premium Edition Projects are just easy to put together and when they present us a project like this current one ''baby Driver'' we think it's the Retailer's Fault for not being more creative.

I don't know if I expressed myself correctly, I was simply trying to pass along what I have learned these past months regarding all this. But with projects like this one from FAC, we will never know how much Sony have put their foot down on the Artistic aspect if FA wanted to have it made(which of course they did)..and how much they pushed FA to also include the 4K in the package.
Oh don't get me wrong @Actarus , I'm under no illusion that it's the studios who drag their heels, but it's in both parties interests to get it right and on this occasion I think FA & Sony have got it wrong.

I think this will sell out regardless, but it's sets a tone that they can keep pushing out sub par releases at ever increasing prices and people will wise up to it and get more selective on their purchases.

There will always be the die hards, but many here and myself included are getting more and more selective and it will eventually have an impact on all 3 parties, retailer, studio & consumer.

You know I'm a fan of FA and I know you are too, and there was a time when every release by FA would sell out super quick, but of late that just isn't happening. There have been quite a few releases that don't sell out as fast now if at all.

All the haters of FA can't deny that they have released some good ones, Logan, Spiderman ( I know it's not out yet) Alien Covenant & a fav of mine, Looper, one of yours too I believe, but at the same time people like me who still hold FA to high regard, not in a fanboy way, hate that saying, also can't deny that they have been for the lack of a better term, milking it!

It's a shame because they will suffer in the long run, and get bested by the competitors. To me Manta, have got it right. No more WWA premiums and more focus on quality WEA releases. I'm not saying FA can't compete in the WEA market, they've proved it recently, but it's been such a bombardment of quick cash releases building up to this point, I think a lot of people have lost interest in FA. Wasnt it stated last year that FA wanted to slow down on the releases a bit this year? It's accenarated if anything, not slowed down. The demand is still there so why not, but it will slow down and is already showing signs of it.

The studios will inevitably hold up the process, that's a given, and it must be frustrating for the retailer, but ultimately its the retailer that we are buying from and will hold to account, regardless of the studios being the final descion maker. Its just common business sense for the studios and the retailers to work better together because in the end, if they get it right, they both cash in better and more happy customers and more future purchases.

In regards to the WEA releases, in my opinion, they've upped their game and that's a good sign, and if they need to continue with WWA releases to boost their WEA ventures, I get it. But with that Crazy pricing on this and the fact it is very mediocre, apart from the slip, to me, that's a step in the wrong direction. Look at the price of Hellboy and Punisher, really old movies that should of been on their price range from their early days to be honest, and yes I know people still bought it, myself included, but that did leave a sour taste in many people's mouths. Eventually people wise up is my point and won't dive in feet first next time around, and that has to be a negative thing for FA and studios in the long run.

Still, glad to hear there will be a slip for the amaray featuring that art. That's where Sony will get my money from that product, not this one sadly. :thumbs:

Oh don't get me wrong @Actarus , I'm under no illusion that it's the studios who drag their heels, but it's in both parties interests to get it right and on this occasion I think FA & Sony have got it wrong.

I think this will sell out regardless, but it's sets a tone that they can keep pushing out sub par releases at ever increasing prices and people will wise up to it and get more selective on their purchases.

There will always be the die hards, but many here and myself included are getting more and more selective and it will eventually have an impact on all 3 parties, retailer, studio & consumer.

You know I'm a fan of FA and I know you are too, and there was a time when every release by FA would sell out super quick, but of late that just isn't happening. There have been quite a few releases that don't sell out as fast now if at all.

All the haters of FA can't deny that they have released some good ones, Logan, Spiderman ( I know it's not out yet) Alien Covenant & a fav of mine, Looper, one of yours too I believe, but at the same time people like me who still hold FA to high regard, not in a fanboy way, hate that saying, also can't deny that they have been for the lack of a better term, milking it!

It's a shame because they will suffer in the long run, and get bested by the competitors. To me Manta, have got it right. No more WWA premiums and more focus on quality WEA releases. I'm not saying FA can't compete in the WEA market, they've proved it recently, but it's been such a bombardment of quick cash releases building up to this point, I think a lot of people have lost interest in FA. Wasnt it stated last year that FA wanted to slow down on the releases a bit this year? It's accenarated if anything, not slowed down. The demand is still there so why not, but it will slow down and is already showing signs of it.

The studios will inevitably hold up the process, that's a given, and it must be frustrating for the retailer, but ultimately its the retailer that we are buying from and will hold to account, regardless of the studios being the final descion maker. Its just common business sense for the studios and the retailers to work better together because in the end, if they get it right, they both cash in better and more happy customers and more future purchases.

In regards to the WEA releases, in my opinion, they've upped their game and that's a good sign, and if they need to continue with WWA releases to boost their WEA ventures, I get it. But with that Crazy pricing on this and the fact it is very mediocre, apart from the slip, to me, that's a step in the wrong direction. Look at the price of Hellboy and Punisher, really old movies that should of been on their price range from their early days to be honest, and yes I know people still bought it, myself included, but that did leave a sour taste in many people's mouths. Eventually people wise up is my point and won't dive in feet first next time around, and that has to be a negative thing for FA and studios in the long run.

Still, glad to hear there will be a slip for the amaray featuring that art. That's where Sony will get my money from that product, not this one sadly. :thumbs:

I don't disagree, I don't know what Studios have up they ''Buts'' but they should let retailers have more creative inputs.

I am also very selective lately I don't have a choice money wise (and too many uninterested titles for me)and I agree group buys were madness and now releases stay in stock on fa website, group buy don't always get sold out but still glad they are here (maybe it's giving Karel a well deserved break :joy: )

Indeed LOOPER is one of my Top Favorite FAC good Memory you have(this is the Ultimate Perfect Package) :thumbs:

Yes I think FA are still Great when they do it right, but I think the lack of interest has already started(as you said) and they will have no choice but to adjust the ''Company Strategy'' if they want to survive at one point which is coming.

Agreed Studios and retailers should work better together, focus on a synergy to provide us Packages of what we should already be getting Right Now !!!

For the many other points that you have mention I fully agree with what you said(but my mind is too tired to addressed them all right now :wacky: )

Hopefully at one point they will hit a wall and have to turn around and see where they went wrong,
but now I am hungry and gonna go make myself some dumplings :woot:

• Thanks
Reactions: Steelselecta
Mamma mia! $86 with shipping if I have it shipped with 3 other FACs. Maybe this will be too heavy to allow that and I'll only be able to get it shipped with 2 other FACs. In that case, Baby Driver drives my wallet into the ground to the tune of $90. :wow:(n)

• Helpful Post
Reactions: harry
Jeez, was about to finish clicking through checkout all excited and sh*t before I even noticed the price. I did a double take and looked... Checked the math, made sure it wasn't a typo... Over 1700 czk before shipping. Good lawd. There'll be more versions of this from other retailers, might as well wait and see what they come up with. I love the slip art but I may just get a poster of it. Not paying $80+shipping even if it includes a boatload of discs, & in a WWA steelbook to boot...

• Thanks
i really dont want that soundtrack (i'd rather a digital copy of that) because it adds so much to the price, but i cant really pass up this fullslip artwork.

I bit purely based on slip art, wasn't bothered about ost n 4k though, if kimchi use this art on a lenti I'll cry :'(

The slip is really nice but I will have to pass on this due to the high price. It looks like a nice package but it's too expensive. Maybe if they offered a cheaper version without the Soundtrack it would have been better.

I had to do the same cause of that.

• Thanks
Reactions: harry and Sigill
This seems to be a GOTG Vol.1 WWA Steelbook case: either You Love it OR You Hate it !

Personally I think it looks Cool :cool: and I am sure in hands it will look quite nicer. At first I didn't care much about it, but after I read the Story Behind the Art of the steelbook, it made me Start Looking at it differently - I thought it was pretty neat.

Not sure where I read about it, must have been in an early post in this thread :dunno:

even i really love the film but gotta say nay due to crazy price and that steelbook art, if that slip becomes steelbook art then i'm diving in without hesitation...

Last edited:
Can't believe people are actually buying this. Same old lazy ass, uninspired textured slips that haven't really evolved since John Wick. Everything that used to be good about Filmarena has well and truly gone.

• Thanks
Reactions: Chenhao and Jhadur
I am passing on this one. Price is to big and i am little bit bored about Premium Editions recently. Its just getting the same all the time. When i watch on slips from the last two years i have the feeling that only 5 or 6 were really good in hand. All were nice, but how much of them made WOW effect? So to pay so much for this release and than treat it as any other premium may be just stupid. Will wait for some othere edition...

• Thanks
Looking at the picture of the slip posted earlier the slip really looks nice.
It has a high price, but then again, it’s a limited editition and it contains a UHD.
They also don’t come cheap. If you like it or not, it’s the future.
It’s a fully loaded edition and that’s really great. If you have seen the movie you know the music is an important part of it (just like GotG), so it’s suits this edition contains the CDs.

And besides....if the price is $5 it’s also not special anymore. Let’s be honest.

Reactions: Noodles