Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
3.00 star(s) Rating: 3.00/5 2 Votes
Title: Babylon (2022)

Genre: Drama

Director: Damien Chazelle

Cast: Brad Pitt, Margot Robbie, Katherine Waterston, Samara Weaving, Tobey Maguire, Jovan Adepo, Max Minghella, Olivia Wilde, Flea, Rory Scovel, Spike Jonze, Li Jun Li, Lukas Haas, Eric Roberts, Jonah Platt, Damon Gupton, P.J. Byrne, Phoebe Tonkin, Chloe Fineman, Jeff Garlin, Troy Metcalf, Jean Smart, Todd Giebenhain, Sean O'Bryan, P. J. Byrne, Grace Kennedy-Piehl, Bob Clendenin, Rhian Rees, Karolina Szymczak, Diego Calva, James Crittenden, Bregje Heinen, Yakov Kolontarov, Raelynn Harper, Cyrus Hobbi

Release: 2022-12-25

Plot: Set in Hollywood during the transition from silent films to talkies, focusing on a mixture of historical and fictional characters.

Happy Jonah Hill GIF

Aaaaaaaa!
I just watched the first half of Babylon, but had to stop and leave the second one and a half hour for tomorrow. It'll be like a sequel, or as they had in 'the old days', long movies in two parts, with an intermission.
It was already so freaking awesome, everything I expected, wanted, and more! It's filled with grandiose set scenes, filmed in long takes, loads of extras, no frackin' green screen, loads of humor both visual, physical, using editing, as well as in the dialogs.
It also oozes true love and admiration for movies, shows how out of all the chaos and madness comes out something magical that we all love.
The filming of the first sound scene in multiple takes, that drives everyone mad, was so ecstatic, that last time I felt like that was more than 20 years ago during Paul Thomas Anderson's Magnolia.
This movie not winning Best Picture will be an injustice bigger, than [insert your own appalling and offensive comparison here].

Happy Margot Robbie GIF by Babylon

This. Is. The. Best. Film. I. Have. Ever. Seen.

I've been crying and happy at the end, like its main character.
It's a bittersweet loveletter to movies.
I'm at a loss for words. I'll have to move Blade Runner, The Tailor of Panama, Hurlyburly, and other films down on my Top 10 list for the first time in 20 years.
It's just so, so good. So good. Sooo good.