Back 4 Blood Deluxe Edition Metalpak

Thoth

Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jul 28, 2019
United Kingdom
81ZIITEmopS._SL1500_.jpg

So Amazon in Germany seems to have this photo to the listing which shows a metalpak sliding out of the slip-cover. I wonder if that would be the case with all of the Deluxe Editions over here in UK as well o_O But the images in UK don't show the metalpak.
I would have preferred a steelbook but the metalpak art/colour doesn't seem to be that bad. I wonder what the back art would be. Also would prefer English language rather than German..

Anyone else have more info on this one?

Game Mania (NL) shows a Special Edition with slipcover and "steelcase," although this one doesn't have the red border and the spine looks different. Maybe this one is a steelbook and the other from Amazon is not? [Edit: Actually, I see the hinge through the spine in the image below, so it's not a steelbook as I first thought it might be.)

Game Mania - Back 4 Blood Special Edition.png

Also, both Mighty Ape (NZ) and GAME (UK) are advertising "Special Packaging" with their Deluxe Editions, although the product images don't show a steelbook. From the image Mighty Ape provided, it looks like the game should at least have a slipcover, but I may be reading into the box design too much since it's not clearly shown.

Mighty Ape - Back 4 Blood Deluxe Edition.png

Reactions: Thoth
I think GAME would advertise if it had a steelbook/metalpak included. They like to throw it out there for sales.
Plus the Amazon DE image says Exclusive Steelcase while these ones only say Special Packaging.

It's strange though that the metalpak is not fully advertised to incentivize sales.

I'm a little on the wall when it comes to this game :wow: The trailers look great but I just have a feeling that it's going to be like WWZ.
So I'm not sure about picking this up on release let alone a special edition regardless of how nice this is :LOL:

Game Mania (NL) shows a Special Edition with slipcover and "steelcase," although this one doesn't have the red border and the spine looks different. Maybe this one is a steelbook and the other from Amazon is not? [Edit: Actually, I see the hinge through the spine in the image below, so it's not a steelbook as I first thought it might be.)

View attachment 506676

Also, both Mighty Ape (NZ) and GAME (UK) are advertising "Special Packaging" with their Deluxe Editions, although the product images don't show a steelbook. From the image Mighty Ape provided, it looks like the game should at least have a slipcover, but I may be reading into the box design too much since it's not clearly shown.

View attachment 506677

I was wondering this, GAME does say Special Packaging, surely they can't just mean a slip case right?

They need to clarify if it's a Steelbook or not, might have to give them a message.

I was wondering this, GAME does say Special Packaging, surely they can't just mean a slip case right?

They need to clarify if it's a Steelbook or not, might have to give them a message.

Yeah it's a bit strange that one and I wouldn't be surprised if they used that just to milk sales for the game and then end up with a slip-cover as the "special packaging"
I'm going to ask in shop when I go by and see what the staff has to say.

base.com have this for preorder if anyone is interested

Special Edition (includes Base Game, Steel Case & Fort Hope Weapon Skins)

£44.85

Last edited: