Backing Card/J-Card Suggestions/Chat

Jun 19, 2012
Ontario Canada
I have no idea what I am supposed to do with some of my blu ray packaging.
I mean those steelbook sized card backings that fold over the top of the case.
They are too big to go inside the case (unless you fold them)...Any suggestions folks?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    681.1 KB · Views: 576
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: jbsolo
I would keep them if you plan to sell your steelcase in the future as you will actually get a little more money if the data sheet is included.

I fold them and put them in the case.

+1 This is what I do, it does put a nasty crease on them (if they are the thicker cardboardy ones) but oh well. I suppose putting them back on the outside and the polybagging them is the best thing to do but I like to look at my steels without those cards covering them up.

I keep them all in a zip up messenger bag. Shoe box thing is smart. I think I'm stealing that idea ;)

ColombianLove41
Using Tapatalk on iPhone 4

I use an old filing box and put them all in there. Rick I can't believe you actually throw yours away. EEK! They have all the important audio data and extras and synopses on it. Did you know there are people that will pay for those J-Cards. Oh well, I guess everybody sails there boat differently.

I always keep mine and call me crazy I even save the original wrapping the steelbook came in if it has stickers on it (Futeshop exclusives or ones with blu-ray disc stickers) if you ever plan on selling in the future you will get more money for them.

I recommend storing them in a slip sleeve that you can find on here or even eBay for cheap. Also what I do is if there is any sticky residue on the data sheet I either remove it or put the data sheet in the slip sleeve backwards (You dont want sticky residue left behind all over your steelbook. It annoys me anyway lol)

Reactions: WKRP
I always keep mine and call me crazy I even save the original wrapping the steelbook came in if it has stickers on it (Futeshop exclusives or ones with blu-ray disc stickers) if you ever plan on selling in the future you will get more money for them.

I recommend storing them in a slip sleeve that you can find on here or even eBay for cheap. Also what I do is if there is any sticky residue on the data sheet I either remove it or put the data sheet in the slip sleeve backwards (You dont want sticky residue left behind all over your steelbook. It annoys me anyway lol)

yeah, I usually peel off the FS exclusive stickers and other sitckers, and stick on the back of the backer card, then fold it and put it inside the tabs inside the steelbook, I dunno, probably not the best solution but this is what I have always done.

I tend to keep the backing cards stored together because they do feel like a substantial part of the steelbook, however the little paper inserts that come with most of the Alliance titles go in the bin. They look and feel cheap and I can't imagine they'll add much value if I come to sell in future.