Ballerina (John Wick Universe) - In theaters June 6, 2025

bloodsnake007

Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
John Wick Film Universe May Kickoff With Action Movie Ballerina

Source: ScreenRant
THR reports that Lionsgate has acquired an action-focused spec script titled Ballerina, a female-centric assassin story in the vein of Luc Besson’s 1990 film La Femme Nikita. According to the report, the studio plans on retooling the script by working it into the John Wick universe; therefore, potentially turning Ballerina into the first John Wick spinoff movie.

Thought the female version of JW was Atomic Blonde! :OMG:

While there's definite similarities (even being made by David Leitch, one of the directors from the JW films), I wasn't expecting Atomic Blonde to be directly connected. The story for Ballerina sounds pretty cool, though:

The story reportedly revolves around a young woman who is trained to be an assassin and then tracks down the assassins that murdered her family.

I mean, the idea of this woman going after John Wick (only to likely team up with him later) in a potential crossover film sounds really, really cool!

Don't count Atomic Blonde out yet, though! Leitch says Charlize Theron's character may meet up with Keanu Reeves' Wick in the future.

Leitch recently told Screen Rant that he’s interested in potentially crossing over his latest film with John Wick, and possibly having Charlize Theron’s character, MI6 agent Lorraine Broughton, either fight alongside Reeves’ character or go toe-to-toe with him. Figuring out how to work the two characters and their stories into the same film, though, is the tough part.

:naughty:

Thought the female version of JW was Atomic Blonde! :OMG:

I thought that would make a great movie tie in. Having both the assassins work together and both equal to the other but opposite sexes

Would have made sense... but seeing how it takes place in 1989, having AB in the JW universe wouldn't work the best if you wanted to connect the films.
But i haven't seen AB yet... so never know?

I did not know AB is set in 89!

• Thanks
Reactions: bloodsnake007
Would have made sense... but seeing how it takes place in 1989, having AB in the JW universe wouldn't work the best if you wanted to connect the films.
But i haven't seen AB yet... so never know?

While there's definite similarities (even being made by David Leitch, one of the directors from the JW films), I wasn't expecting Atomic Blonde to be directly connected. The story for Ballerina sounds pretty cool, though:

I mean, the idea of this woman going after John Wick (only to likely team up with him later) in a potential crossover film sounds really, really cool!

Don't count Atomic Blonde out yet, though! Leitch says Charlize Theron's character may meet up with Keanu Reeves' Wick in the future.

:naughty:

I thought that would make a great movie tie in. Having both the assassins work together and both equal to the other but opposite sexes

I did not know AB is set in 89!
@kaw @tridon @Flloydo What if Atomic Blonde settled down, married and had a daughter in the 90's. This film can establish her retirment, away from that lifestyle. She can be the mom that takes her daughter to ballet lessons (but unbeknownst to the father) train the child how to fight (she may need these skills someday). And on a cold rainy night, a man dressed in a black suit kills the parents of this child. Years later, already in her 20's, she's made a name for herself as a deadly/killer Ballerina. Her sole purpose has been to avenge the deaths of her mom and dad. Now with an International contract on his head, John Wick will have to fight for his survival, and feel the wrath of the Ballerina!

If I was a script writer, that's what I would make this film about :woot:... :sorry: I know, it's terrible but it came to me while I was on my lunch break! :p

@kaw @tridon @Flloydo What if Atomic Blonde settled down, married and had a daughter in the 90's. This film can establish her retirment, away from that lifestyle. She can be the mom that takes her daughter to ballet lessons (but unbeknownst to the father) train the child how to fight (she may need these skills someday). And on a cold rainy night, a man dressed in a black suit kills the parents of this child. Years later, already in her 20's, she's made a name for herself as a deadly/killer Ballerina. Her sole purpose has been to avenge the deaths of her mom and dad. Now with an International contract on his head, John Wick will have to fight for his survival, and feel the wrath of the Ballerina!

If I was a script writer, that's what I would make this film about :woot:... :sorry: I know, it's terrible but it came to me while I was on my lunch break! :p

Love it

It's so bad it's great :LOL:

• Thanks

Absolutely nothing wrong with that, bud. :thumbs:

• Thanks

I'd watch the sh!t outta that movie :thumbs::thumbs::rofl:

And the keyword here is "plan". I dont think it's confirmed to be a spinoff yet...

• Thanks

Isn't that LONG KISS GOODNIGHT, basically?

How can it possibly be a SPINOFF if the character was never in the John Wick movies?!!!
It's called a SPINOFF for a reason!! You "spinoff" a character from the original.
Isn't that LONG KISS GOODNIGHT, basically?
Damn it @C.C. 95! :angry: Now you've really pissed me off! :banghead:
5Waol1f.gif

I was feeling good about my poor effort of a story and you've sh*t all over it! :mad: LOL! :p

Whatever it turns out to be, if its in the JW universe, I'm down for it! :hungry: :notworthy: :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: C.C. 95