bloodsnake007

Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
Disney’s ‘Bambi’ Will Follow In Paw-Prints Of ‘The Lion King’
Source: Deadline
bambi.jpg

Disney’s Bambi is returning to the screen but this time he will roam a digitally created photorealistic forest and interact with animals that have been brought to “live action” cinema via a hard-drive not a soundstage.

Following in pixel paw-prints of The Jungle Book and The Lion King, the next Disney classic from the hand-drawn animation era to get a 21st Century revamp will be the 1942 tearjerker about a fawn finding his way in a hard-knock world.

The Farewell team of Chris Weitz, Paul Weitz and Andrew Miano will produce under the banner of Depth of Field, their production company. Geneva Robertson-Dworet (Captain Marvel) and Lindsey Beer (Sierra Burgess Is a Loser) are on board to write the script that will include a rabbit named Thumper, a skunk called Flower, and all the other denizens of the FDR era classic.

I hope they get a real deer to play Bambi, and not some white privileged male. Even better, I hope they get a black doe to play his part. Then I would watch it. Otherwise, I will boycott it. Being Disney, and the House Of Mouse being so woke, I’m sure it will be fine.

Reactions: yeslek
I hope they get a real deer to play Bambi, and not some white privileged male. Even better, I hope they get a black doe to play his part. Then I would watch it. Otherwise, I will boycott it. Being Disney, and the House Of Mouse being so woke, I’m sure it will be fine.
Haven't you heard they are getting Lawrence Fox to play Bambi!

Haven't you heard they are getting Lawrence Fox to play Bambi!
Oh man, wouldn’t that just be ‘perfect’?

Imagine the howls of outrage. Those offended by him don’t recognise satire even when it hits them square in the face.:blackeye:

So another CGI a’la The Lion King, style rather than actual live action Homeward Bound style?
Would personally prefer the latter. Actual live action,