Basic Instinct (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

nutcaseshy

Steelbook Addict
Premium Supporter
Mar 25, 2013
London
Release date: June 14, 2021 - July 18, 2022 (Reissue)
Purchase links: Zavvi - Amazon UK - HMV
Price: £24.99
Notes: 3 Discs (4K + BD + Bonus)

Basic Instinct.jpg
Basic back-front.jpg Basic inside.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Queried products
Basic Instinct - Zavvi Exclusive 4K Ultra HD Steelbook (Includes Blu-ray)
Sent by: You, 08 July 2021, 18:13
hi and thanks.
The posted details cleary state region for this release as:
A
B
C
in fact the Blu Ray discs are both locked to region B. uhd 4k discs are not region locked (as everybody knows), so it was assumed this information referred to the 2 blu ray discs.

how do you expect your customers to make an informed decision on purchases when the website has incorrect information?

i am extremely dissatisfied with zavvi regarding this and am writing to let you know.

i would like to know how you would propose to remedy this situation, and would ask that you be a lot more careful with listing release details in the future.

sincerely,
I recently raised a compliant with the Advertising Standards Authority about Zavvi regarding inaccurate product details on their website:

Their response was somewhat interesting:
Thank you for contacting the Advertising Standards Authority. I am sorry to hear that this matter has caused you concern.

We have recently received a number of other complaints about advertising from The Hut.com (who own Zavvi). In light of this, we are planning a wider piece of work which will better address any problematic advertising as a whole, rather than considering cases on an individual basis. As such, we shall not be taking any further specific action regarding your complaint.

Please be assured, however, that the issues you have raised will inform this work and will contribute to any action we take, where an ad is found to be in breach of the Advertising Code.

I recently raised a compliant with the Advertising Standards Authority about Zavvi regarding inaccurate product details on their website:

Their response was somewhat interesting:
To be fair as soon as i hear the company is Studio Canal for a release it's 100% guaranteed to be region locked for Blu-ray. I honestly can't remember the last time they did or ever did a region free Blu-ray. And usually if a company is selling a 4k disc they are advertising the 4k disc not the blu-ray

To be fair as soon as i hear the company is Studio Canal for a release it's 100% guaranteed to be region locked for Blu-ray. I honestly can't remember the last time they did or ever did a region free Blu-ray. And usually if a company is selling a 4k disc they are advertising the 4k disc not the blu-ray
Agreed. I got proven wrong recently, as the total recall release was region free, but that's the exception rather than the rule.

lol that was the first studio canal release i had bought which didn't help.

but cmon zavvi the listing page clearly says A B C
Ah, right. Gave you an unrealistic view on SC releases then lol i mean, in a way you can't blame zavvi too much, it's always a risk when buying out of your region. Amazon are no better.

Chances are retailers are given limited info from the distributor to begin with though. Not to mention their info system is based around one format really, so ABC probably applies to 4k discs.

Ah, right. Gave you an unrealistic view on SC releases then lol i mean, in a way you can't blame zavvi too much, it's always a risk when buying out of your region. Amazon are no better.

Chances are retailers are given limited info from the distributor to begin with though. Not to mention their info system is based around one format really, so ABC probably applies to 4k discs.
It doesn't help that the companies selling don't care or want to know about the product they are selling. The guy on the street is usually better informed

Reactions: samdavies
StudioCanal are doing a re-issue

Release date July 18th 2022

No longer a Zavvi exclusive will also be available from Amazon UK and HMV
they will re-release following movies:
basic instinct
evil dead 2
total recall
;)
at least in germany. howling + evil dead 2 double feature in france.

Last edited:
they will re-release following movies:
basic instinct
evil dead 2
total recall
;)
at least in germany. howling + evil dead 2 double feature in france.
What happens in France and Germany in regards to re-release from StudioCanal does not always mean UK also
Sometimes yes but not always
There is no details at the moment of a steelbook re-release for Total Recall and Evil Dead 2 for UK from StudioCanal UK

Total Recall Steelbook released in November 2020 is still available from HMV in UK

UK already had Basic Insinct Collectors Edition re-issue on June 6th if you was not aware
The Dambusters Collector's Edition also had a re-release on June 6th

Basic Instinct Steelbook re-reissue in UK is July 18th