Release date: June 14, 2021
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £24.99
Notes: 3 Discs (4K + BD + Bonus)

Basic Instinct.jpg

Basic back-front.jpg Basic inside.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 21, 2020
This looks really great. Has anyone seen this yet? Wondering if it’s a nice transfer with great grain structure. Also hopefully none of that dodgy blocking like total recall. That booklet that comes with it looks pretty in depth. I bet the UK doesn’t get that.

Jul 22, 2020
This looks really great. Has anyone seen this yet? Wondering if it’s a nice transfer with great grain structure. Also hopefully none of that dodgy blocking like total recall. That booklet that comes with it looks pretty in depth. I bet the UK doesn’t get that.
Wasn't the blocking only on the 1080p? Similarly for Apocalypse now? I thought the uhd was fantastic. Fairly sure we don't get the booklet, no. It's in the £50 collector's edition.

Sep 21, 2020
Wasn't the blocking only on the 1080p? Similarly for Apocalypse now? I thought the uhd was fantastic. Fairly sure we don't get the booklet, no. It's in the £50 collector's edition.
No the 4K disc had blocking on some of the red Mars backdrop scenes. The rest of the movie is fantastic though. I wonder why the Germans got the booklet in their steelbook. Is the director German? Just checked. Dutch. Looks great anyway.

BDDB

Premium Supporter
May 7, 2013
Hertfordshire
Arrived today, better than I thought it would be with debossing and spot gloss plus a nice finish.

And then I realised that the title on the spine was the wrong way round FFS

Last edited:

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Just received mine too... the matte black with red spot-gloss makes it look really classy! Debossing is cool as well. Only thing letting it down is the backwards spine :bored:

Sep 10, 2020
Just got mine. It's a great looking Steelbook! And thankfully (despite being the one time Zavvi could've probably got away with a slash or a dent haha) it arrived mint

Reactions: djjez83
Mar 24, 2013
Nice pic (from Steelbookpro) of a nice steelbook

1623589631477.png

Speaking about the 'wrongwayround' spine title - only the third UK steel with this.